Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

You are making a big stink about whether a homosexual wants to save his "soul." Why is that your business where his soul goes exactly? lol. It's ludicrous and asinine like tarot card readings or horoscopes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
What does this have to do with my comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You are making a big stink about whether a homosexual wants to save his "soul." Why is that your business where his soul goes exactly? lol. It's ludicrous and asinine like tarot card readings or horoscopes.
No, I corrected the poster on his misunderstanding as to the principals of the belief.

He believed that an "adulterer" was given a free pass while homosexuals were persecuted. This is not so, both are condemned if they subscribe to such sins.

As for my business, this is a discussion board. If you are observant, you will notice that my comments are specifically concerning Rice's mention and that of those who made incorrect claims concerning Christian principals of belief.

If you do not like religion, fine... that is your own opinion, but do not falsely summarize me nor implicate me into an argument that I did not make. It shows your emotional attachment to the issue as you seem to be taking it personally and in your irrational responses have attacked others without proper support.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
that makes sense, many a person found on castro st. (SF) only come out at night, stay perpetually young, lots of money, and never seem to eat anything.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:26 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
She never was a Christian.

Quote:
Quote:
They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

1 John 2:19
IMO this is the absolute BEST RULE Christiany ever came up with. If you ever have a doubt or stop being a believer, even for a little while or after a lifetime of faith....you were just mistaken! HAHAHA! It's just so sad that God can pull the wool over your eyes like that and make you THINK you are a Christian. What a crazy sense of humor that guy has. Trouble is now nobody ever really can trust themselves or their faith and will have to keep guessing right up until they are dead.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:03 AM

646 posts, read 393,704 times
pink news? sounds pretty gay.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:20 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Which is saying Christ is wrong. You are saying Christ is right, but then his disciples to which he said speak for him are wrong, and so nobody can be under Gods influence because well, you choose to only accept a portion.
Jesus wasn't wrong, but that you'd use the argument is telling of how misled by clergy Christians have become. The jaundiced eye of men interpreting him has been consistently wrong even as it was happening in real time. Jesus himself had to spend what % of his efforts correcting the wrongful knee jerk assumptions of the apostles according to gospel? Find which apostle was so perfect that he required no explanation or correction. Apostle Peter, "the Rock of the Church", was perfect? The same man who denied Jesus thrice. Consider the deeper wisdom behind 12 different perspectives of the same thing, none of whom were capable of knowing the whole thing while they were bearing witness to it directly. If someone wrongfully interprets something that doesn't make the subject inherently wrong. It makes the beam in someones eye wrong and you are defending a beam, not Jesus.

Your anger and presumptions have nothing to do with Jesus, his teachings, his love, his grace, his peace etc.

The lessons of the bible are grossly incomplete for those who've relied upon interpretations dictated by theologians, which is the root source of strife and flagrant contradictions nagging at christians. It's the schism of denominations, and the arguments going on for decades in Bishop conferences. I have no inherent quarrel with any denomination save for when I see malice fed a congregation trojan horse style. The bible is NOT a brickbat and when it's used as such that's irrefutable evidence to me that someone has engaged co-opting the name of Jesus for nefarious purposes.

The only people fearful of the truth are the faithless. Witness these brothers of ours, forget denominations, and do not backslide "I'm not my brothers keeper". The purpose of judgment in this moment is not to garner superiority over others or rob what is noble of it's worth, but to recognize wayward paths and self correct. My interpretation; these men of the cloth are misled by centuries of hierarchy raising itself above the teachings of Jesus...

YouTube - Armenian & Greek Orthodox Monks Fight Jerusalem

These brothers of ours deserve respect for their lifelong commitment and tireless efforts. They deserve our criticism to get them back on path because I believe they mean to be sincere. Do not spare them or deny there isn't a vast wrong going on when clearly there is. Christian parents- think hard how to explain why this example is not walking in the spirit/ teachings of Jesus to your children. Judging from the attitudes I hear in the pews and in forums like these, the teacher and the student are not the usual candidates. Consider the enormity of the history of that building- the lessons lost again and again, noble endeavors undermined unmercifully, relentlessly, for centuries.

I chuckle to think of American ultra conservative religious penchant to wear the wrathful god hat for themselves. Should the apt punishment for these monks & their leaders be a lifelong task to read every single letter from every single 7 yr old christian on the planet explaining to them how very wrong they are, and why? I'm laughing but it's not funny. It's sorrowful. It would make Jesus weep. Children comprehend the heart of Jesus teachings better than lifelong scholars with hateful covetous hearts. Peacocks are unqualified for the role of stewardship. Peacocks have relentlessly undermined fatherhood and destroy the garden of eden. Womankind has never bashed MEN. They've bashed peacocks since time began.

Huckleberry--- I deeply question the relevance of hetero judgment of gays. Opinions are unqualified and too often grotesquely misattribute cause and effect to assuage their own culpability. Beyond all superstitions running amok in the hearts and minds of our culture it's not the 'gayness' that's been the problem in daily human relations. Look with fresh eyes how gay's are acting out against the emotional mutilation meted by hetero culture to the point where all parties involved are stuck in arrested development. You could as easily substitute the title gay with Mormon, black, female, jew... any subgroup of humanity feeling ostracized from said humanity ad infinitum.

Adults (present tense you and I, mano y mano- let's own this no matter who/ what caused the mess!) have to admit we've not been wise. If we sincerely mean to help anyone any ounce of contempt (reliably our own ignorance) undermines that endeavor. If the intention is not to help, but to control others, you're obliged to provide your reasons why that's needful to civilization because our nation is founded on individual rights.

I have a very high opinion of you as you already know. If you'd commit yourself to weeding out every lie, every wrongful perception/ conclusion made about the big picture, I'd gladly commit myself to reading 5,000 pages of blog you might share to uncover the better course of action. The alternative to constructive use of our power of free speech is 40 more years of passive aggressiveness from conservatives. Martha p*ssed off in the kitchen feeling unappreciated. They choke it down angry, spit on the ground, bite their tongue, resign themselves to helplessness praying for a bolt of lightning from the sky and bitter resentment rules their lives. They pout & carry on tantrums when they're reminded by the rest of us they may not rule the universe. America doesn't reject true conservative principles or true christianity. It rejects control freaks and megalomaniacs co-opting ideology no matter where on the spectrum they stand.

See these monks of The Holy Sepulchre parallel to ourselves as a culture engaged in misguided attempts that only widens the gap of deeds further from who we've declared ourselves to be. No one has to be of Christian origin to derive benefit of this lesson. No atheist is obliged to believe in God to consider the wisdom of biblical parables on face value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies