Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2010, 08:54 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,341 times

Advertisements

From what I personally know of Anne is she most likely went to that church with the intention of converting them. And when she found out she couldn't she left in a tissy fit. Just like she did here when she tried to tell Al Copeland how to decorate the exterior of he restaurant. Funny how she lost that battle and through a fit and left New Orleans.

busta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
From what I personally know of Anne is she most likely went to that church with the intention of converting them. And when she found out she couldn't she left in a tissy fit. Just like she did here when she tried to tell Al Copeland how to decorate the exterior of he restaurant. Funny how she lost that battle and through a fit and left New Orleans.

busta
Do you know Mrs. Rice personally?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:01 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Do you know Mrs. Rice personally?
I know this question is not for me and no, I don't know her personally. But the fact that she is a NOLA native means probably that she puts up with no "category" bull**** and really has no time for racial/gender/ethnic word wars. She's got hers. Others don't and are still trying to figure it out.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I know this question is not for me and no, I don't know her personally. But the fact that she is a NOLA native means probably that she puts up with no "category" bull**** and really has no time for racial/gender/ethnic word wars. She's got hers. Others don't and are still trying to figure it out.
I know a lot of natives of New Orleans, who moved away, and haven't gone back.

That doesn't make her any different than the rest of them.

I was just asking for clarification. It seems that you are making personal assumptions about someone you don't know.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:04 PM

615 posts, read 545,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post

busta
She sounds like a real nutter and arrogant to boot! She must have thought she could become and Christian and change doctrine that has been around for two thousand years! Typical out of touch fickle celebrity, when she can't get her way she throws a fit and leaves, she should have become scientologist!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:04 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I know a lot of natives of New Orleans, who moved away, and haven't gone back.

That doesn't make her any different than the rest of them.

I was just asking for clarification. It seems that you are making personal assumptions about someone you don't know.
I will admit I have not read this whole thread.

As another artist, I can see the lure of NOLA. Absolutely.

I am sure a lot of New Orleans natives have left and are happy about their move. I happen to know several who seem happy to have stay put.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:51 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
That is fine, but just because someone claims they are something, doesn't mean they are.

Religion is a fad for some people. Its just a piece of clothing they put on to impress other people with.

The point is, some were never such, even when they claimed it so. This is very common.
Funny, I'd say that applies to about 90% of the people who call themselves "Christians."

Old 07-30-2010, 10:56 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Anyone that quits being a Christian was never a Christian in the first place. Being a Christian is something you feel inside and you don't just shut that off. Being a Christian is how YOU act, it is how YOU think, it is how YOU feel, not what others feel, think and act.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Funny, I'd say that applies to about 90% of the people who call themselves "Christians."
They aren't "real" Christians like me.

They are the fake Christians, and God will punish him, while I sit by his side, and feel really bad about you, in paradise.

Where in this story does any of this seem realistic?

It boils down to, "I'm better than you" and because I'm better than you, I will tell you what to do. Then I'll get a pat on the head, while in paradise, feeling bad about you in hell.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:11 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's unfortunate you let the door slam behind you. There are so many other avenues for religious fulfillment than the Catholic Church.
That would be the lie you sold yourself all too common among self identifying Christians today. Been there done that with all denominations, and some non christian faiths. I'm still involved in interfaith charities etc etc. I still practice. The difference is it's solitary. The noises in other peoples head were excused as irrelevant. I consciously stepped out of the box and faced the big bad universe alone. I don't avert my eyes from my maker, I gaze into them with an open heart. I haven't transformed into a pillar of salt and I don't need to keep my fingers crossed to stave it off.

The problem I have with organized religions had to do with hypocrisy and abuse. When the flock is psychologically managed as prey under the guise of leadership & expertise there isn't anything they can't justify. They've orientated themselves in a way contrary to the spirit of the bible, using the bible itself as a rock. That act is blasphemous regardless of which gender animates or how overt/ covert. Look, listen and feel for yourself. How many in the pew/ pulpit (all denominations, all religions) are leaning too heavily on emotional validation? Recall the singular act of aggression Jesus committed-- get these money changers out of my fathers house. The currency changed and vainglory Sanhedrin reinstalled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies