Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

And IF this is a Christian nation why isn't a nice PEDOPHILE priest running it???

How about someone like the Pope running this country?

Why not have a Presbyterian minister run it?

HEY! Elect Mitt Romney and make him King Mormon !!!

Ane then we can all have TV commercials about how special we are!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 07:04 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Face it;the ten comandments formed the bases for western civilization and laws.Poeple can believe what they like if it makes them happy tho.
then please explain how the ten commandments relate to US law.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And IF this is a Christian nation why isn't a nice PEDOPHILE priest running it???

How about someone like the Pope running this country?

Why not have a Presbyterian minister run it?

HEY! Elect Mitt Romney and make him King Mormon !!!

Ane then we can all have TV commercials about how special we are!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
then please explain how the ten commandments relate to US law.
You maybe expected answers?????

Don't hold your breath......

Old 08-01-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Why do you want to deny we are a Christian nation?
Why do you need to say we are a Christian nation??? Isn't pride a sin?

Why do you want a theocracy?

Who do YOU want to rule? Catholics? Lutherans? Fred Phelps? Pedophile priests?

Old 08-01-2010, 09:00 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
This country USE TO BE a Christian nation, back then it was growing and flourishing, back then our country was blest, there was always hope!
THEN we started killing babies, it has all been downhill ever since.
Guess what pro choice people?
We haven't hit the bottom yet! but we are going to and it is not going to be pretty.
We are no longer a Christian nation.
We are a me, me, me nation and we will soon find out the price we will pay.
We are no longer blest, we let it get away.
Thank you to all the progressives that have ruined the lives of our children and grandchildren.
You have succeeded to take away everything that was good and we can no longer call our country great.
I hope you are happy.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
This country USE TO BE a Christian nation, back then it was growing and flourishing, back then our country was blest, there was always hope!
roe vs wade was decided in 1973. not sure what you mean by "growing and flourishing" but we've had economic "ups & downs" before then and since then.

if you are talking about the post WWII economic prosperity ( and/or the baby boom ) then...... i'm glad they happened in the historic time-frame that they did but i'd fear a similar scenario today. things change.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:53 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Guess what pro choice people?
We haven't hit the bottom yet! but we are going to and it is not going to be pretty.
We are no longer a Christian nation.
We are a me, me, me nation and we will soon find out the price we will pay.
We are no longer blest, we let it get away.
Thank you to all the progressives that have ruined the lives of our children and grandchildren.
You have succeeded to take away everything that was good and we can no longer call our country great.
I hope you are happy.

And here I thought it was allowing every illegal immigrant to enter into the US with all the different religions that was the downfall of no longer being just a christian nation. When a Country allows all different religions it no longer has one major single religion or god to call it's own.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
When a Country allows all different religions it no longer has one major single religion or god to call it's own.
that would be day one for the US.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:58 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,346,453 times
But they obviously beleived that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — " The Declaration of Independence

Old 08-01-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
But they obviously beleived that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — " The Declaration of Independence
yes mary. now "their Creator" is a personal and subjective term. it could mean the old testament God or.... Jesus, Jah, Kali, Odin, Mother Nature from the old margarine commercials, Zues, a multitude of others or a single celled organism millions of years ago.

edit: neither Jah ( the rastafarian concept of the old testament God ) nor the Mother Nature from the TV margarine commercials existed in 1776 so, technically......... they may not have been included.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 08-01-2010 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies