Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

It was $ 100 K....

Jenna was at the time the daughter of THE PRESIDENT in office!

Chelsey Clinton...3-5 million dollars!

BTW we all are tributing to the wedding since WE the tax payers are paying for the security and I assume the security cost more for a 3-5 million dollar wedding than a $ 100K wedding!

In today's economy...wow....perhaps you can say it is stimilating the economy...but i guess giving away 1 million would do more for people than this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
I dont care how much these weddings cost. But I just want THEM to have to pay for it all. Is all the money going toward Chelsey's wedding from the Clintons? Or is some of it tax money?

Old 07-30-2010, 06:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I dont care how much these weddings cost. But I just want THEM to have to pay for it all. Is all the money going toward Chelsey's wedding from the Clintons? Or is some of it tax money?
I would think the only publicly funded security would be to protect Chelsea's parents, a former president and a secretary of state.

This is the second thread this OP has started about the cost of Chelsea's wedding; what's with that?

Old 07-30-2010, 06:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Some of it is George Soros money.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times

Old 07-30-2010, 06:09 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It was $ 100 K....

BTW we all are tributing to the wedding since WE the tax payers are paying for the security and I assume the security cost more for a 3-5 million dollar wedding than a $ 100K wedding!

In today's economy...wow....perhaps you can say it is stimilating the economy...but i guess giving away 1 million would do more for people than this.
Is this really what you're worried about.

I could give a rats ass about who married who, and how much they cost.

BTW, The Bushs are quite big in Texas. Did you ever think that a lot of it was just given to them, where the Clintons are having to purchase a whole lot?

Also, the Clintons have one child, where the Bush family has more.

Heres my problem with even bringing crap like this up.

We are still fighting two wars, have a national debt that is nuts high, and lots of other issues facing our nation. MEN AND WOMEN ARE DYING FOR YOU RIGHT NOW, and you're worried about a damned wedding party? Are you freaking serious? (freaking used in place of other words that I feel like saying here, but would be starred out)

Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
It was $ 100 K....

Thank you for reminding us all that liberals love their children thirty or forty times as much as neocons.

i always knew the Bush family was cheap...

Old 07-30-2010, 06:55 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,471 times
Quote:
It was $ 100 K....

Did you screech and stomp when we the taxpayers paid for security for the Bush wedding- or any other past presidential family wedding? I didn't. I don't think you did either. I think the security cost would be about the same for a prez, first lady, and daughter as for an x-prez, sec of state, and daughter.

The number of high value targets being protected, not the cost of the wedding, would likely dictate what's at the taxpayers' expense. And we protect these people everywhere, at all times, no matter whether they are at a wedding, fer corn's sake, or not. You must have very high blood pressure.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Thank you for reminding us all that liberals love their children thirty or forty times as much as neocons.

i always knew the Bush family was cheap...
Thank you for reminding us that liberals think that love is counted by how much money you spend..

btw, wasnt it the Clintons who wrote a book titled "It Takes a Village"? I believe it was.. So much for your argument..

Old 07-30-2010, 07:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Who the hell cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies