Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes, I do. 12 70.59%
No, I do not. 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:23 PM

448 posts, read 532,620 times

Advertisements

I've read alot of peoples posts and alot of people have different religious views. I just wanted to see how many people actually believe in God, Heaven/Hell, practice a religion, etc.

I don't, and personally I think it's all a bunch of BS which weak people use to help them cling onto the thought that there's something better in the "next life" than what they have now.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't always a non beliver. I went to church and CCD for a good part of my youth. But like the tooth fairy, Santa, and the Easter bunny, God was no exception, I grew up and stopped believing in something that wasn't real...

Edit: Please don't think I'm bashing people who believe in something. It's your life. Not mine. You can believe in whatever and it's all good.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:28 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,182,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
I've read alot of peoples posts and alot of people have different religious views. I just wanted to see how many people actually believe in God, Heaven/Hell, practice a religion, etc.

I don't, and personally I think it's all a bunch of BS which weak people use to help them cling onto the thought that there's something better in the "next life" than what they have now.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't always a non beliver. I went to church and CCD for a good part of my youth. But like the tooth fairy, Santa, and the Easter bunny, God was no exception, I grew up and stopped believing in something that wasn't real...
Tell me...is it necessary to belittle those of us who do believe in God just because we think differently than you?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:28 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,288,705 times
Yes, I do believe.

I believe he loves me and you too.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:29 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,448,560 times
I would like to believe in god. That afterlife part would be very cool, and I would like people to get what they deserve.

But, I haven't seen any reason at all for the willful suspension of disbelief required.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:30 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,827,676 times
Doesn't this belong on the Religion and Philosophy forum? Yes, I believe in God. And contrary to what others may claim, you do not need to be conservative to be a believer.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:31 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,318,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Tell me...is it necessary to belittle those of us who do believe in God just because we think differently than you?
I think this must be the first time that I have ever agreed with one of your comments...

Old 07-30-2010, 08:31 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,315,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post

Edit: Please don't think I'm bashing people who believe in something. It's your life. Not mine. You can believe in whatever and it's all good.
It depends on what you mean by God. I believe in a creator, but that creator is not a God, anymore than I would appear with a cell phone and superior technology to 11th century man.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,000,423 times
Do believe in good and evil as opposing forces on earth that exist? I do and therefore I believe in God. though I walk through the valley of death

Old 07-30-2010, 08:33 PM

20,259 posts, read 36,974,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I would like to believe in god. That afterlife part would be very cool, and I would like people to get what they deserve.

But, I haven't seen any reason at all for the willful suspension of disbelief required.
Just wait until you are drowing somewhere, or maybe unable to crawl out of your car after a bad accident You will know if you believe in God then

Old 07-30-2010, 08:33 PM

448 posts, read 532,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Nahh. Is it right for a Christian to belittle a homosexual because the bible says that it's a sin and not right? Because that happens frequently too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies