Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 11:59 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,206 times

Advertisements

What people, okay men, don't get is that any woman who makes a false claim makes it 100 times harder on the next woman who files a legitimate claim.

She had her chance to nail him right in the beginning. If it happened that's what she should have done.

It's over. Pretending he is guilty doesn't mean a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

i agree with workingclasshero, he wasnt charged because there is insufficient evidence to go to trial. that doesnt mean that algore didnt do something wrong.
They didn't say there was insufficient evidence. They very clearly called out the fact that there was contradictory evidence, absolutely NO forensic evidence and a lack of credibility on the part of the complaintant.

But anyone who calls our former Vice President "algore", clearly wants him to be guilty, so no amount of facts will ever be "sufficient" enough for you and your ilk.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:12 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Quote:
i agree with workingclasshero, he wasnt charged because there is insufficient evidence to go to trial. that doesnt mean that algore didnt do something wrong.
No, he wasn't charged because of contadictory evidence from the plaintiff.
Gore hired a 'masseuse' through the hotel with payment made through the hotel. At +$500/session I suspect that 'masseuse' is code for hooker. After her visit the masseuse sent a thank you note to the hotel and there appears to have been a dispute over the amount of money she received. That's it. A politician likely hired a hooker. It's bad on his character but doesn't warrant assault & battery charges.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
They didn't say there was insufficient evidence. They very clearly called out the fact that there was contradictory evidence, absolutely NO forensic evidence and a lack of credibility on the part of the complaintant.

But anyone who calls our former Vice President "algore", clearly wants him to be guilty, so no amount of facts will ever be "sufficient" enough for you and your ilk.
from your original post on the subject;

Quote:
Senior Deputy District Attorney Don Rees wrote in a memo Friday. "Ms. Hagerty's detailed statement ... is insufficient to support a criminal charge given other contradictory evidence, conflicting witness statements, credibility issues, lack of forensic evidence and denials by Mr. Gore.""
it doesnt absolutely no forensic evidence, it say a lack of forensic evidence. it also indicates that all the evidence collected, including the ms hagertys statement is INSUFFICIENT to support a criminal charge. read it again. as for algore, i dont care if he is guilty or not, it means NOTHING to me as he is irrelevant in my book anyway. she claimed it, he denied it, there is insufficient evidence to support either claim. something happened in that hotel room, but what we dont know. if evidence of ms hagerty lying about the situtation had come forth, then she could have been charged with filing a false police report, and that would have vindicated algore. since their is no charge of filing a false report against hagerty, and no criminal charges against algore, then there in fact is INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE that a crime was committed by either person. and since lie detector test are not admissible in court, they cannot be considered evidence.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:36 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
from your original post on the subject;

it doesnt absolutely no forensic evidence, it say a lack of forensic evidence. it also indicates that all the evidence collected, including the ms hagertys statement is INSUFFICIENT to support a criminal charge. read it again. as for algore, i dont care if he is guilty or not, it means NOTHING to me as he is irrelevant in my book anyway. she claimed it, he denied it, there is insufficient evidence to support either claim. something happened in that hotel room, but what we dont know. if evidence of ms hagerty lying about the situtation had come forth, then she could have been charged with filing a false police report, and that would have vindicated algore. since their is no charge of filing a false report against hagerty, and no criminal charges against algore, then there in fact is INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE that a crime was committed by either person. and since lie detector test are not admissible in court, they cannot be considered evidence.
I read it. You read it wrong. What was "INSUFFICIENT" was Ms. Hagerty's detailed statement. The rest is delineated as contradictory evidence, conflicting witness statements, credibility issues, lack of forensic evidence.

And if "lack of" doesn't equal "none" in your world, I'm sure glad you aren't sitting on a judicial bench. By definition, a lack of something means there isn't any. There was no forensic evidence. None.

Vice President Al Gore has been vindicated. Get over it.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
We seriously need to be more like the French when it comes to sex. In France - and Europe, in general - hiring a masseuse for physical pleasure would be a non-issue.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
We seriously need to be more like the French when it comes to sex. In France - and Europe, in general - hiring a masseuse for physical pleasure would be a non-issue.
i agree.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:17 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
just because he wont be 'charged', doesnt mean he didnt do anything
Give me a break

Old 07-31-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I read it. You read it wrong. What was "INSUFFICIENT" was Ms. Hagerty's detailed statement. The rest is delineated as contradictory evidence, conflicting witness statements, credibility issues, lack of forensic evidence.

And if "lack of" doesn't equal "none" in your world, I'm sure glad you aren't sitting on a judicial bench. By definition, a lack of something means there isn't any. There was no forensic evidence. None.

Vice President Al Gore has been vindicated. Get over it.
what YOU are failing to realize is that a lack of forensic evidence does not mean NO evidence. there are always hair, and fiber evidence, it is just that evidence only proved that she was in the room, thus the term LACK of evidence. contradictory evidence only means that there is evidence that might support BOTH stories, conflicting witness statements are in fact normal in ANY criminal investigation, and both parties have credibility issues, which in the end means NO charges filed against either party because of INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:48 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
just because he wont be 'charged', doesnt mean he didnt do anything
and conversly,Just because he was acused of something doesn't mean he is guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies