Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 04:13 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,315,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It may not be suddenly.

I think with the Internet and 24/7 news, people are just more informed.
The internet wasn't around in 2005? Pretty sure we had all the news networks, Youtube was around in 2005, Blogs were pretty big then to.

This isn't like we are talking ancient history here.

And if the media is supposed to be so "liberally" biased, then wouldn't they throw a fit about this? I mean, in 2005, Bush wasn't exactly "popular"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 04:15 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,239,713 times
List of songs about Ronald Reagan at AllExperts (http://www.associatepublisher.com/e/l/li/list_of_songs_about_ronald_reagan.htm - broken link)

Wow, there were songs about Regan!!!

Most of them bad....

Old 08-01-2010, 04:17 PM

Bush songs too.....

anti-Bush links - anti-Bush songs - anti-Bush t-shirts

Not nice either.

Quote:
List of songs about Ronald Reagan at AllExperts (http://www.associatepublisher.com/e/l/li/list_of_songs_about_ronald_reagan.htm - broken link)

Most of them bad....
Not generally sang in elementary schools

17,025 posts, read 14,366,679 times
Quote:

Most of them bad....
Actually, I remember singing a Nixon song in the 70s in school:

There was a rotten president
And Nixon was his name-o
N-I-X-O-N
N-I-X-O-N
N-I-X-O-N
And Nixon was his name-o

44,882 posts, read 33,171,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The internet wasn't around in 2005? Pretty sure we had all the news networks, Youtube was around in 2005, Blogs were pretty big then to.

And if the media is supposed to be so "liberally" biased, then wouldn't they throw a fit about this? I mean, in 2005, Bush wasn't exactly "popular"
When will you be watching this video and commenting on what is there? I offered way back there to help you out by telling you to start about minute 1:35 and going on from there. If this union supporter isn't very left leaning I wonder just what he is. His name is a dirty name at our house because of the union he worked for and was speaking to at an annual meeting while doing his last duties. You make sure you listen to him so you can explain to me how the things I have said about the NEA are all wrong. I think that you have watched and don't want to admit that I was right about this thread opener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Ahb8...eature=related

Maybe you could learn a bit more about the NEA if you read all of pages 6-7-8 of this link.

http://www.cwfa.org/brochures/nea.pdf

Last edited by roysoldboy; 08-01-2010 at 04:49 PM..

531 posts, read 336,956 times
I don't feel we are indoctrinated to like democratic politicians. We are indoctrinated in far left ideology. They teach you all this liberal stuff without giving the other side. For example when i was taught about health care I was taught how great socialized health care was. They never taught us why people are opposed to health care. We were led to believe that it was because people are greedy and want poor black people to die. Never were we taught some people feel we cannot afford it forever. We were never even taught how much of that money came from our checks.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Not like it is today.

I did not have the internet in 2005.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When will you be watching this video and commenting on what is there? I offered way back there to help you out by telling you to start about minute 1:35 and going on from there. If this union supporter isn't very left leaning I wonder just what he is. His name is a dirty name at our house because of the union he worked for and was speaking to at an annual meeting while doing his last duties. You make sure you listen to him so you can explain to me how the things I have said about the NEA are all wrong. I think that you have watched and don't want to admit that I was right about this thread opener.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Thats a teachers union, as others have pointed out, in most states that have little to no power.

And Unions aren't public institutions, I can't tell them what to do, or not to do.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,171,244 times
Default Katiana

How about you watch this video and come back with how I was so wrong about the NEA when I started this thread? I am wondering if them being a union takes away the chance that they would attempt to indoctrinate kids. I have some other good stuff from google to throw in here but this thing blew up about things I didn't look for. I will brink that one good one back just for you and Memphis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Ahb8...eature=related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies