Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

The Republicans have always catered to the rich, so I guess this should come as no surprise. Though truth be told, both parties are bought off.

Quote:
The preliminary findings by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics suggest that a financial industry trend favoring Republican candidates, which began in late 2009, may have accelerated as reform legislation progressed in the run-up to November's congressional mid-term elections.
The Washington research group found that individuals and political action committees connected with the finance, insurance and real estate sectors gave 68 percent of their money to Republican interests in June, just before President Barack Obama signed financial reform into law
Wall Street increasingly favors Republicans: study | MichaelMoore.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 08:56 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The Republicans have always catered to the rich, so I guess this should come as no surprise. Though truth be told, both parties are bought off.

how 'bout you run out there and find a link to the amount of money Bammer got from Wall Street.

please note, the trend started in 2009. before that Wall Street was backing democrats.

pst wall street buys both sides of the aisle.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:01 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Yep;just the opposite of when bama got most of the campaign loot form wall street int eh presdiential election. With his and democrats anti-businesss satnce its no wander they changed.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:01 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
how 'bout you run out there and find a link to the amount of money Bammer got from Wall Street.

please note, the trend started in 2009. before that Wall Street was backing democrats.

pst wall street buys both sides of the aisle.
Perhaps you should read my post again. Here I'll help you out:

Quote:
I do find it interesting though the way Wall Street started filling GOP pockets right at the time of the vote on financial reform..

Old 08-13-2010, 09:18 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
What you are seeing is the anti-businesss and the what they thnik is happening. They always fiance what they think is a winnwer as in giving Obama the most last campaign.Just as they are fiancing the republican has Obama and democratic numbers are falling.Your source of Moore is a por one has there are plenty of main stream media coverage of wall strreet abondonig Obama and democrats from last election.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:56 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
I do find it interesting though the way Wall Street started filling GOP pockets right at the time of the vote on financial reform..
Wall street always backs the majority it does not matter if the puppets have a {R} or a {D} on their jerseys.The {R}s did what they wanted them to do and that was not make a lot of noise on a weak bill. The other was not voting for the legislation but of course the hags from Maine and their new toy boy {Brown} bolted.
You take the HC debate and the {R}s and their base were very vocal,did you notice they were down to a whisper even here on the forum.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:01 PM

215 posts, read 661,418 times
Who would you rather financially back the two parties, if not Wall Street and corporations? Chinese government? A poor politician is a dangerous politician.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:14 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:

The same Michael Moore who denied owning Haliburton but then his tax return said he made a 15% profit on Haliburton is going to lecture the rest of us about being corporate whores?

"Wall Street and its financial allies did an about-face in political spending in June, giving Republicans over two-thirds of their campaign contributions as Democrats pushed financial reform forward in Congress, a report said on Tuesday."

The reason for the change is campaign contributions flow to the party in charge. Everyone knows the Democrats are about to get tossed out on their a$$es.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:37 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should read my post again. Here I'll help you out:

Maybe you should read your own link before you embarrass yourself again.

Finance/Insurance/Real Estate: Money to Congress | OpenSecrets

Old 08-13-2010, 01:10 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:

And you cite an article by th every poor guy, Michael Moore and expect to be taken serious.

P.S, have you gotten out of college yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies