Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
As an aside, it's been my experience that the people who are the loudest about their dislike of O'Reilly & Beck have never watched a single, unedited show.
Your reference to a single unedited show is the very thing I keep telling those Beck haters and now and then one admits he doesn't watch or listen to him. Now and then means very seldom, in this case.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You do know that saying someone black does it too doesn't nullify my point?
No but saying that someone who has a seat at the table of the liberal elite does it too, takes the bite out of your point.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:24 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Theres a difference between talk radio and hate speech. You guys are so angry about the idea of Obama that no matter what anyone says it is not extreme enough for you.

I aint angry about nuthen. cept maybe conservatives acting like drunk sailors and spending like democrats. Had they acted right, we wouldn’t have Bammer today.

And you are right, there is a difference between hate speech and what Glenn Beck does. Thank you for admitting that.

There is also a difference between what a guy on TV/Radio does and what a policy maker does. Bammers feller in the FCC is makes policy and states he likes the Hugo Chavez model.

I’m just a poor dumb white boy from the country but even I can tell where the real danger is.

As Glenn Beck says, the only answer is to vote them out of office. There is no other solution.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:35 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
No. I was born the wrong skin tone for them on the right. Free speech shouldn't give you the right to incite murder. What if the NBPP had all those people watching them everyday? I bet they would be held accountable for inciting violence and rightfully so. What if some black guy was telling me everyday that white people where coming to get me and I better do something? Would you like that?
Quote:
He is pushing the right to even more crazy violent acts. He should be charged for those acts when he incites them.He is just like charles manson except on a much bigger scale
Quote:
Give me a break. If I tell people that "they are coming for you" and they are destroying your life I don't have to tell them to commit violence. They get the underlying message

Did you ever post your source for your accusation that Beck incites murder?
Grave accusations, indeed.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:40 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Did you ever post your source for your accusation that Beck incites murder?
Grave accusations, indeed.

Beck is driving a wooden stake thru the heart of progressivism. Progressives don’t seem to like that much. Murdering their social construct is like killing a person to them. To them, he really is a murderer…. Despite his many comments that voting is the ONLY answer and that violence simply helps the progressives.

Never forget that Truth is always spelled truth because truth to a liberal is always subjective.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:33 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Glenn Beck Must Stop Egging on the Lunatic Fringe « SpeakEasy (http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/08/01/glenn-beck-must-stop-egging-on-the-lunatic-fringe/ - broken link)

Go ahead defend this. He acts all innocent knowing that his followers will do this kind of stuff. His followers will kill soon. God stopped this one. I hope beck is happy
Beck is not dangerous. If your beloved New Black Panthers are not dangerous fringe kooks, how can this guy be a danger. I have never heard him encourage anyone to kill.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:33 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,708 times
Just for reference, satire is not making a bunch of stupid comments and then pretending to be joking. Unless your entire posting career is an intentional joke instead of a pathetic, unintentional one, you aren't being satirical.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:55 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Quote:
Give me a break. If I tell people that "they are coming for you" and they are destroying your life I don't have to tell them to commit violence. They get the under lying message
The underlying message is you don't like what Beck says, so you want to try and tie any violence you possibly can to him no matter how nonexistent the link is.

I think Beck is a first class douchebag personally, but the crap about him wanting violence is garbage. He is much more tame and less of an agitator than the left's Ed Shultz. Now there's a guy who needs a straight jacket and a gag...

Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
The left lunatic fringe.....posting about Beck appealing to an imagined conservative fringe.

Yawn..............

Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
All he does is worship the right and spew hate about Obama.
He worships no party. And he spews truth about Obama, which those of you on the left is seen as hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies