Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 01:24 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Can a union rep be a racist? What happens in that case?

OMG...seriously is the race card all you have in this discussion? This is not 1960!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 01:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I agree that paranoia can make things appear more than they really are, however what's to be miscontrued by overhearing your supervisors calling you a n!gger and seeing racial slurs and lynching graffiti in the bathroom? If you saw/heard that, would you really have to wonder if you were "hearing things" or blowing things out of proportion?
Either can be plausible. Until all the truth comes out, we are just making theories based on the reports we are reading.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:26 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
I agree that paranoia can make things appear more than they really are, however what's to be miscontrued by overhearing your supervisors calling you a n!gger and seeing racial slurs and lynching graffiti in the bathroom? If you saw/heard that, would you really have to wonder if you were "hearing things" or blowing things out of proportion?
Man... I can just go be quiet.....YOU GOT THIS!!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:26 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
All union members have direct lines to their union representatives. Minority complaints of racial harassment are a fast-track in high priority for unions and the ACLU because it means big $$$$ for them. This murderer was a union member with avenues for conflict resolution not available to the average employee in a non-union shop. He failed to even start the process rolling. Nope, this was likely cold-blooded, calculated, premeditated mass murder, IMO.

Stop defending and portraying this murderer as a "victim" of society. He had options and chose not to use them. He was not in immediate danger or fear for his life when he started firing off rounds. This was not self-defense.
I question the mental capacity of those that can't understand the difference between examining a person's motive and declaring them a victim.

Often, when serial killers and pedophiles commit murders, there are FBI investigators that look for clues to explain the motive and reasoning behind the crime. Are they sympathizing with these killers or simply trying to find out what caused their actions?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Girlfriend said he showed her the pictures...not the union rep. Said he left calls with the rep, but didn't hear back. How can you show evidence to someone who won't respond to you?

And to say that he knew ahead of time that he was going to kill people and built up a "case" of racism against his victims sounds like some elaborate CSI plot.

You said if his union received a complaint. Isn't that the family's argument here?...That he tried to reach out to his rep to form a complaint but never heard back. How can you file a complaint when the rep won't return your calls?
You send your complaint certified mail to your union headquarters, return receipt requested, with a copy to a civil rights attorney as your immediate action when your phone call isn't returned in the first 24 hrs.

I swear there are more excuses on this board for the murderer than cases of beer he hauled for the company whose co-workers he executed.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:

OMG...seriously is the race card all you have in this discussion? This is not 1960!
I don't understand. The person claimed RACIAL HARASSMENT. My question is simply was the unnion member/rep an extension of the problem. Again, his girlfried said that he tried to contact the union rep but got no response. hence, why would not the union rep respond?

615 posts, read 544,821 times
If the homicidal racist thief was being racially harassed, and there were racist pictures in the bathroom, you know some civil rights lawyer would have had those pictures and there would have been a lawsuit. The claims of racial harassment are bogus, this is just typical criminality coming from the usual suspects.

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Man... I can just go be quiet.....YOU GOT THIS!!
LOL; no. I love it when you are apart of a discussion. I know some don't like to hear it, but for those that really know what's going on in the world, they know you speak the truth.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
You send your complaint certified mail to your union headquarters, return receipt requested, with a copy to a civil rights attorney as your immediate action when your phone call isn't returned in the first 24 hrs.

I swear there are more excuses on this board for the murderer than cases of beer he hauled for the company whose co-workers he executed.
yeah...assuming he knew the proper thing to do. Note that the company did not follow the standard security procedures when terminating employees either.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:

NAACP, ACLU, OSHA

All separate entities he could have turned to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies