Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 09:30 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,853 times

Advertisements

Well we are going to continue to have racial issues if we continue to preach "diversity" like it is a plus. We are telling people in essence to separate based on their differences or that we have to cater to peoples ignorances. We should be preaching and practicing unity. Unity as human beings, unity as people who will work together to achieve common goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 09:34 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post

Yes, and it is not ONLY black people that suffer this...When you realize that, you might open your eyes a bit!
Where in my post did I say this was something only black people dealt with?

, indeed!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:36 AM

720 posts, read 691,131 times
It's like talking to a wall...Sorry, I do not believe for one minute that it is all the white folks fault...Personal responsibility is what I believe in and if this boy had issues he needed to step up and do something about it, not go on a shooting spree...

You comments only add to the race fire, not help it!

Quote:

There it goes again...You will not/refuse to place personal responsibility on this nutjob..

Tell me, when a WHITE pedophile rapes a young girl/boy, where do you place blame? Do you blame his race, do you excuse his actions because most pedophiles are white, do we allow the excuse that he did it because someone did it to him? No, you blame the pedophile and take no excuses! At least I blame the pedophile and take no excuses..
You're reaching. I've said time and time and time and time again that his actions were inexcusable and deplorable. Have you even bothered to read my posts??

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Well we are going to continue to have racial issues if we continue to preach "diversity" like it is a plus. We are telling people in essence to separate based on their differences or that we have to cater to peoples ignorances. We should be preaching and practicing unity. Unity as human beings, unity as people who will work together to achieve common goals.
I for one am TOTALLY for unity and coming together based upon mutual respect. I don't want unity with people who believe that my race of people are naturally more irresponsible, lazy, violent and dumb.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No...with young kids of my own....I want to understand what triggers people to do this. With that knowlege it helps prevents or reduces the number of such incidents. It also can tell you the signs of people that you should look out for around your kids. Knowlege is power and ignorance is dangerous. Its important to understand. Seeking to understand and explain is NOT condoning. Many of you seem not to understand this.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Where in my post did I say this was something only black people dealt with?

, indeed!

Well you got me there. I apologize..I reacted and assumed...

Old 08-06-2010, 09:40 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
It's like talking to a wall...Sorry, I do not believe for one minute that it is all the white folks fault...Personal responsibility is what I believe in and if this boy had issues he needed to step up and do something about it, not go on a shooting spree...

You comments only add to the race fire, not help it!
Personally I look at events through the prism of cause and effect. That’s scientific and intelligent. Looking for blame and fault is looking at things through an emotional prism. I simply want to understand what triggered this guy’s behavior. What actions created the reactions!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:

Well you got me there. I apologize..I reacted and assumed...
I accept...gee, I like this unity thing.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I accept...gee, I like this unity thing.
Heres my thing..If I chose to do something, I expect to held personallly accountable. I don't expect someone to make excuses (for lack of better word)for my actions. I was taught that you pay the consequences of your actions.

So my problem, I see people not condoning it, yes. But I see people looking to place "reasoning" on his race. I have not seen anyone attempt to place the "reasoning" on maybe mental defect, depression etc etc.

Sure, race is and will always be an issue in this world, and the "race blame"(for lack of better words) does not solely lie on one particular race.

I guess what I am trying to say is, race is the first thing that came up. *shrugs* I don't think I am writing what I am thinking clearly..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies