Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 03:21 PM

720 posts, read 688,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
the victims are the snobby culprits i dont feel sorry for them. though i still think he could have just gathered more evidence of their racism and or kicked their asses

its like those who bully others and the bully gets whats coming to him cant feel sorry for the bully
Your post is very juvenile, so childish, naive and ignorant that I doubt even saying these words is useful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 03:22 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,805,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Honestly, we all wonder why racism is such a problem!

how funny you single out one post out of the others keep it moving

Old 08-06-2010, 03:32 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,939,640 times
I'm not justifying Omar Thornton's actions, but obviously the guy had it with all of the racist BS he had to put up with at that company other companies he worked for. Everybody has a breaking point.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:31 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,768,209 times
What i don't get is why this isn't being called a hate crime. Holy christ could you imagine the uproar and hell from the NAACP and rainbow push if this exact same crime happened, but white on black? It would be front page headline news.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:33 PM

720 posts, read 688,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
What i don't get is why this isn't being called a hate crime. Holy christ could you imagine the uproar and hell from the NAACP and rainbow push if this exact same crime happened, but white on black? It would be front page headline news.

I do agree with you on that point...

Old 08-06-2010, 04:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Yeah, I've wondered myself. I guess the White people don't have any groups to stand up in public to defend them.

The Hispanics have LaRaza
The Blacks have NAACP
Maybe the Whites need a group.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:43 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,041,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm sorry, but I find this premise absurd. The guy called his Mom to say he killed the racists that were bothering him. He didn't say he killed the racists who wrongly fired him for stealing. He told 911 operators the same thing.....what benefit would it be for him to "play the race card on his way out"?
What was he going to say to his mom... that he was fired for stealing beer and then reselling it? It was easier for him to use the race card than admit to his own mother that he was caught stealing beer. It was easier for him to play the victim, instead of owning up to his own stupidity.

Your scenario is the one that sounds absurd.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:48 PM

1,013 posts, read 905,969 times
Quote:
Nine killed when gunman opens fire at Manchester beer distributor | WTNH.com Connecticut

Omar Thornton a driver at the beer distributor, was caught stealing beer and was called in this morning so they could ask him to resign. His reaction? Kill. No taking personal responsibility for your own actions, rather you decide screw it youll just kill a bunch of people and then yourself?! What a loser.

God be with the dead, injured, and their families.

I will never understand what drives someone to do something like this. Especially in this situation where it was HIS actions that led to his losing of his job. And, heck, they were even going to let him resign rather than fire him.

People need to learn personal responsibility and need a better appreciation and respect for life in general. You want to die, fine, kill your pathetic self, but you're nothing but a coward to take others with you.
Agreed. This is actually when an armed civilian would work wonders. If someone with common sense killed him before he went on a killing spree maybe no one would have died but the person that wanted to commit mass murder.

Police will take too long. Sorry police are worthless for spur of the moment attacks. Unless you can waste 5 min and by that time crime is already over. They only are ever good at crimes that are committed over and over again in a pattern.

When someone wants to kill, and they dont care if they live or die, it is extremely easy for them to do so. Only way, is to end their life if at that moment you have no choice.

Now if they had good aim and they can aim for their hand holding the gun and control the situation then they dont need to kill of course. But if it is dead even/enemy is stronger just kill him and be done with it. You have no choice.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:05 PM

869 posts, read 1,560,912 times
Once again some posters are missing the entire point: Eight innocent people died. Instead let's blame the dead people. The people who can not speak for themselves because they were murdered. Let's villify the victims instead.

How pathetic.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:54 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,648,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
It's because blacks have used this claim way to many times and now it's pretty much worn out and getting really hard to swallow. Black guy---"They're racest" white guy --" oh boy here we go again". See what I mean?
The question is not how much blacks use the claim, the question is are there still white racist. If white racism still exists and people cannot read minds....it will inevitably will be a game of hit and miss. What some whites are attempting to do is to use this fact to discredit the idea that white racism is still alive and well.....if blacks miss..... it has the effect of casting doubt on the validity of the hits.....which is the REAL goal of folks like you. Racism is now an asymetric insurgency where racist whites seek to blend in with non-racist whites.....going undectected and planting racial explosives that hurt their enemy. Then when blacks seek to attack this......innocent whites are often victimized and wrongly accused in collateral damage, which then helps recruit them to the thinking of people like you. That is how you grow your ranks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies