Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 05:19 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,049,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Still waiting for that proof that anyone is trying to stop gays from riding Amtrak. Still waiting fro proof that it is somehow permissible to target market to one special interest group with public tax dollars but not others.

crickets........
You know why you hear crickets? Crickets love straw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 05:24 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
https://www.frcaction.org//get.cfm?r...ort=80&track=0

July 13, 2010 - Tuesday
If there was ever proof that the Obama Administration has gone off the rails, it's Amtrak. For the first time in the train service's history, Amtrak has decided to spend a quarter-million dollars recruiting homosexual passengers. As you may know, Amtrak isn't a private business. This is a government-run business, meaning that this $250,000 is taken directly from taxpayers' pockets. In a very real sense, this ad campaign is a federal endorsement of homosexual behavior -- one of the most serious public health threats in America. Using taxpayer funds to promote this ad campaign is insulting to the millions of Americans who have deeply-held moral convictions against homosexuality. Yet Washington is targeting the demographically small homosexual population-probably because marketing surveys suggest it is also one of the richest. So let's be honest. This Administration is more interested in riding the gravy train than getting the culture back on track.
Please contact senior officials at Amtrak and ask them to stop this campaign using your tax dollars!
Thank you and God bless you.

What were you saying about hypocrisy?
Are you suggesting that homosexual sexual behavior is not a public health risk? Pull up the CDC statistics and you'll see that the above statement you highlighted is absolutely true. And yes, we will all be paying for that risky behavior via Obamacare. What is hypocritical about that?

Public tax dollars should not be used to push a social agenda via public transportation advertising.

I've been completely consistent on my statements. No hypocrisy there.

Now, where is anyone trying to actually stop gays from riding trains? Where? Stop deflecting and prove it!

Old 08-03-2010, 05:27 PM

628 posts, read 1,313,186 times
[quote=chielgirl;15321215]I asked you to define "gay lifestyle beliefs." You seem to know what they are, because you posted those words. I'm hoping that you'll share with us.

You will keep your heterosexuality to yourself, read my other post about it.

Religion is a man-made construct; sexuality isn't.

Well....maybe I assumed too much about you. I thought you were saying that any gay behavior is fine and can be publicly displayed but all religious beliefs must be kept to ones self and private.....maybe I was wrong about what I inferred from your post??

I'm saying that religion AND sex are both private and should be kept to oneself....whether you are straight, gay, catholic or dont believe in anything at all...private stuff one and all.....does this label me as one who thinks they are "special"??

Old 08-03-2010, 05:27 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,095,672 times
I'll have to buy a ticket from Amtrak.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You know why you hear crickets? Crickets love straw.
You deflect but continue to fail to offer any proof that the FRC is actually trying to keep gays from riding Amtrak. Put up or.......well, you know.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:33 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,778,663 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting that homosexual sexual behavior is not a public health risk? Pull up the CDC statistics and you'll see that the above statement you highlighted is absolutely true. And yes, we will all be paying for that risky behavior via Obamacare. What is hypocritical about that?

Public tax dollars should not be used to push a social agenda via public transportation advertising.

I've been completely consistent on my statements. No hypocrisy there.

Now, where is anyone trying to actually stop gays from riding trains? Where? Stop deflecting and prove it!
Are teen pregnacies not a health risk? What about the Catholic church's ban on contraceptives? people have sex...deal with it, and aaccept it. Those of us in the real world, are really sick and tired on this religion-God-morality-Gays are bad diatribe you people thrust upon us. It's old and tired. Put it down like Old Yeller. and Yes, I do mean the real world. Live in you Bible, then look out the window and the complexity of the world around you.

What, are you afraid of catching the "gay?" I hear it's real contagious. The cure....pray it away. See it rhymes.

What social agenda is being pushed? amtrak is simply targeting a group of people who use trains. I guess then commercials for rogaine should be banned...as baldness is a social problem, obviously.

"Stop the Campaign!" Was the statement written in chinese or something?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:35 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I asked you to define "gay lifestyle beliefs." You seem to know what they are, because you posted those words. I'm hoping that you'll share with us.

You will keep your heterosexuality to yourself, read my other post about it.

Religion is a man-made construct; sexuality isn't.
Well....maybe I assumed too much about you. I thought you were saying that any gay behavior is fine and can be publicly displayed but all religious beliefs must be kept to ones self and private.....maybe I was wrong about what I inferred from your post??

I'm saying that religion AND sex are both private and should be kept to oneself....whether you are straight, gay, catholic or dont believe in anything at all...private stuff one and all.....does this label me as one who thinks they are "special"??
Please don't make assumptions or inferences about my posts.
I'm pretty clear with what I say without misinterpretations to support your biases.
What are these "gay lifestyle beliefs" that you speak of. I'm interested, please enlighten me.

Please see my other post where I described some "straight" behaviors that must be stopped immediately, from PDA to photos of your family in your offices, to marriage ceremonies, etc.

Do I really need to repeat myself?

This thread is about Amtrak marketing to a segment of the population that travels. It's trying to boost sales.
It's also used adverts to reach het couples.
Did you or FRC complain about that marketing campaign?
If not, that's where the homophobia comes in.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that homosexual sexual behavior is not a public health risk?
So is heterosexual sexual behavior. They are just risky in different ways.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
You deflect but continue to fail to offer any proof that the FRC is actually trying to keep gays from riding Amtrak.
That's what happens with straw men. That's why you set them up in the first place.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:42 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Who said FRC wasn't homophobic:
FRC: DADT Repeal Will Increase Gay Rape | News | Advocate.com
By Kenneth Harvey

Rates of sexual assault among people of the same gender would skyrocket if gays are allowed in the military, according to Peter Sprigg, senior fellow for policy studies at the antigay Family Research Council.

Funny, no other studies showed this startling information.
I think they're obsessed. See post upthread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies