Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,510,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What if 0bama were white, and he, or those in his administration had asked prominent black democrats politicians, not to run for public office, to resign, or even supported their white, non-Democratic Party opponents, as he has done with Gov. Patterson, Rep. Rangle, Rep. Harold Ford, Rep. Kendrick Meeks, Sen. Burris and Alan Greene? BTW, is Maxine Waters the next?

What if 0bama were white and he had fired people simply because white bloggers released selected videos of them, people like Van Jones and Shirley Sherrod?

What is up with all these people of color being thrown under the bus? I don't see a lot of white folk under them bus wheels, even his former mentor, inspiration and pillar of religious fortitude, Rev. Wright, is under the bus.

Every other month or so the Congressional Black Caucus has a new bone to pick with 0bama, even going so far as prompt Jim Clyburn to say 0bama’s inner circle keeps “screwing up” on race: He needs some black people around him.”
Well at least we would not have the tea party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Well, I guess he wouldn't like fried chicken and watermellon.
Proud Tea Party Member.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Well, I guess he wouldn't like fried chicken and watermellon.
Any other tea party member care to defend this. Jadex,what say you about this post.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,025,220 times
Quote:
What if 0bama were white, and he, or those in his administration had asked prominent black democrats politicians, not to run for public office, to resign, or even supported their white, non-Democratic Party opponents, as he has done with Gov. Patterson, Rep. Rangle, Rep. Harold Ford, Rep. Kendrick Meeks, Sen. Burris and Alan Greene? BTW, is Maxine Waters the next?

What if 0bama were white and he had fired people simply because white bloggers released selected videos of them, people like Van Jones and Shirley Sherrod?

What is up with all these people of color being thrown under the bus? I don't see a lot of white folk under them bus wheels, even his former mentor, inspiration and pillar of religious fortitude, Rev. Wright, is under the bus.

Every other month or so the Congressional Black Caucus has a new bone to pick with 0bama, even going so far as prompt Jim Clyburn to say 0bama’s inner circle keeps “screwing up” on race: He needs some black people around him.”
A couple of friends of mine thought that Obama was going to be a president "for black people". Oddly, I saw black folks interviewed immediately after Obama was elected that were joyous because Obama had been elected and he was supposedly a president "for black people". Some of those individuals said that he would get them slave reparations. Obama is not exactly a conservative president, but he is not a president specifically "for black people", as some had hoped, and others feared.

So if Obama were white? Well, it would prove conclusively that Michelle is an open-minded lady.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,962,414 times
Well, Obama is half White. And in basic math, we all learned that a half rounds to a whole.

But he obviously looks more African, hence why he's Black to us.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 PM

1,179 posts, read 972,691 times
Quote:

What if you guys quit talking about race for 10 minutes?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:53 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,252,676 times
Quote:
Do you think 0bama is trying to be

0bama portrays himself as black, not white, so is this just politics with him, being extra hard on people with dark skin, so as to not to be seem as if he is showing racial favoritism?

you do know his name is Obama, not 0bama.

The fact that you can't find the "O" on your keyboard says alot.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,541,921 times
Actually Obama is white. Currently the US Census goes by the mother's race in determining the race of the child.

His mother was white and therefore he would be listed as white.

Which is the reason he wants to take over the US Census.

People need to stop looking at him as black or white, and look at him for what he is.

Someone who is in a job he has no business being in.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:42 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,252,676 times
wow what BS in one post. of course you can point to the section where Race of a child is based on the race of the mother.

Cause I haven't claimed Japanese as my race, even though I'm Japanese (mother), Caucasian, Filipino, Chinese and Native American (the rest father)

Old 08-03-2010, 11:49 PM

406 posts, read 494,369 times
I think he might look like Sammy Sosa. Kinda odd looking, but just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies