Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 04:26 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post

I realize you guys are falling all over yourselves to protect your hero, but at what point does Sarah and the entire party step up and admit that she was running for a position that she clearly lacked the intelligence and temperament for?
And of course, the guy that won was more qualified......

Biden IS precious.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 04:40 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
And of course, the guy that won was more qualified......

Biden IS precious.....
Are we seriously going to put Palin's accomplishments up against Biden's?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So they were responsible for her giving one of the worst interviews in the history of American politics? Was Sarah Palin not given the chance to articulate her answers to every question?

I realize you guys are falling all over yourselves to protect your hero, but at what point does Sarah and the entire party step up and admit that she was running for a position that she clearly lacked the intelligence and temperament for?
I would agree with you if Couric hadn't let Biden's huge mistake pass. He said Roosevelt got on TV after Pearl Harbor to speak to the people. Couric blinked and knew Biden was an A$$ for saying TV was around then but she gave him a pass.

If you don't think the lamestream media isn't in the tank for Obama you have blinders on.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
If anything, this is just more proof they were set out to get from day one. They didnt focus on the good things she had done, no, they focused on all the "weird" things like moose burgers, her kids names, etc.

Conservatives4Palin.com: EXPLOSIVE: New Video of Couric Mocking Palin on the Day She was Named as McCain's Running Mate! (http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2010/08/explosive-new-video-of-couric-mocking.html - broken link)

Excerpts from article:
I didnt hear her laugh at moose burgers. She did say laugh as she was reading about "these weird names", but you have to remember this was so long ago she didnt even know how to pronounce "Wasilla." She only said something about the unusual names, that was all. She certainly didnt mock or burst out laughing.

I thought she was really restrained to tell you the truth. If you've never heard SP's story -- and there was once such a time -- and you're not from there, it's a really peculiar, Beverly Hillbillies seeming story. Sorry but it is.

She was reading this script for the first time and only commented -- not harshly -- about "these names" and that was all.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
I watched the whole thing, waiting to hear this grossly offensive fun-making. . .

I must have missed it, because, looking up briefly and wondering aloud where one gets names like Track and Trig with a bit of a giggle is hardly worthy of a gasp, let alone the major flap you people are trying to turn it into.

They are odd names, and anyone who's honest will admit that.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
I confess. I laughed at the names the first time I heard them too. And I didn't even think she was a total idiot yet. That would come later.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Oh, she was just warming up. Can you imagine her saying Obama's kids name and saying where did he get these names???!!!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Oh, she was just warming up. Can you imagine her saying Obama's kids name and saying where did he get these names???!!!!!
Oh, she was just warming up.

I see.

And how do you know that?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I watched the whole thing, waiting to hear this grossly offensive fun-making. . .

I must have missed it, because, looking up briefly and wondering aloud where one gets names like Track and Trig with a bit of a giggle is hardly worthy of a gasp, let alone the major flap you people are trying to turn it into.

They are odd names, and anyone who's honest will admit that.
Me too.

It really annoys me that so many people wont listen, but will remember and of course believe the video titles.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:58 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
I still can't believe that Couric actually asked Sarah Palin what newspapers she read.

The absolute NERVE of some newshounds, making fun of the interviewees like that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies