Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I heard that several Hospitals didn't allow GAYS to stay
with their's Homosexual Spouse In The Great State Of
MASSACHUSETTS..something that would never happen in
CALIFORNIA USA.
well that is actually something that specifically happened in California. And hearing about something, doesn't mean it happened. Beacause there are laws here in the Commonwealth that prevent that kind of discrimination.

Doesn't change the fact Massachusetts was the 6th legal jursidication in the world to allow gay marriages!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM

396 posts, read 732,522 times
Quote:
No I Think That You're PLAYING GAMES WITH MY HEAD......
I'm playing games with your head?

You said the bible was written before the first marriage, which was between Adam & Eve. I'm trying to figure out how someone could have written the bible before the first human beings got married.

You then write "God Thur Stupid Men." The word "thur" doesn't exist in our language, so I asked you what it means and asked you to explain how the bible could have been written before there was someone to write it. You have not done that. I also asked you to explain how the bible could be written about people who did not even exist at the time you claim the bible was written.

If Adam & Eve were the first man and woman created, and they didn't have children/grandchildren/etc. until after they were married... that means people like Abraham, Ruth, Sarah, King Herrod, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John... even Jesus... were not yet born. Yet apparently, according to you, the bible - written about all those people - was written before Adam & Eve even got married.

I'm trying to understand how that happened.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
MASSACHUSETTS Didn't overturn the FEDERAL DOMA It's Still
In EFFECT................
It no longer applies in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It was ruled unconstitutional last month. I suggest before you come into this thread and spouting your hatred you read about your opinions.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:49 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
It no longer applies in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It was ruled unconstitutional last month. I suggest before you come into this thread and spouting your hatred you read about your opinions.
No I Don't Hate GAYS...I once lived in A Rent Control Apartment
Complex In Calif and WALKED GAY MEN TO Their's AUTOMOBILES To
Prevent HOMOSEXUAL HATE CRIMES BEING COMMITTED AGAINST
THEM....come on you can do better than THAT ? ? ?

Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM

396 posts, read 732,522 times
Quote:
I heard that several Hospitals didn't allow GAYS to stay
with their's Homosexual Spouse In The Great State Of
MASSACHUSETTS..something that would never happen in
CALIFORNIA USA.
Would never happen in California, huh?

You apparently haven't heard of Clay Greene & Harold Scull and what happened to them, right there in Sonoma County California.

Elderly Gay Couple Lawsuit Settled with Sonoma County « Give A Damn

Old 08-10-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
No I Don't Hate GAYS...I once lived in A Rent Control Apartment
Complex In Calif and WALKED GAY MEN TO Their's AUTOMOBILES To
Prevent HOMOSEXUAL HATE CRIMES BEING COMMITTED AGAINST
THEM....come on you can do better than THAT ? ? ?

LOL? I don't think I can take you seriously at all. And I don't think I will. Why you are debating me about Massachusetts [the state that has always maintained gay marriage] versus California [the state that voted against marriage], is a little odd.

I love California, so I will not belittle that state. But Massachusetts owns the gay rights issue.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
I'm playing games with your head?

You said the bible was written before the first marriage, which was between Adam & Eve. I'm trying to figure out how someone could have written the bible before the first human beings got married.

You then write "God Thur Stupid Men." The word "thur" doesn't exist in our language, so I asked you what it means and asked you to explain how the bible could have been written before there was someone to write it. You have not done that. I also asked you to explain how the bible could be written about people who did not even exist at the time you claim the bible was written.

If Adam & Eve were the first man and woman created, and they didn't have children/grandchildren/etc. until after they were married... that means people like Abraham, Ruth, Sarah, King Herrod, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John... even Jesus... were not yet born. Yet apparently, according to you, the bible - written about all those people - was written before Adam & Eve even got married.

I'm trying to understand how that happened.

O.K. Calm Down Please ?....The Bible Is GODS Instructions To
Mankind and was written down in the HEAD of GOD before MEN
Wrote It Down On Paper.....And Brother We Got To Learn How
To Agree TO DISAGREE Don't You THINK ? ? ?.....

Old 08-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Would never happen in California, huh?

You apparently haven't heard of Clay Greene & Harold Scull and what happened to them, right there in Sonoma County California.

Elderly Gay Couple Lawsuit Settled with Sonoma County « Give A Damn
He must have gotten Sonoma County confused with Sonoma County Massachusetts.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
O.K. Calm Down Please ?....The Bible Is GODS Instructions To
Mankind and was written down in the HEAD of GOD before MEN
Wrote It Down On Paper.....And Brother We Got To Learn How
To Agree TO DISAGREE Don't You THINK ? ? ?.....
Prove to me there is a God. When you are able to do that then we'll talk about making His word, the basis of our laws. Until then, the Constitution will do just fine.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
LOL? I don't think I can take you seriously at all. And I don't think I will. Why you are debating me about Massachusetts [the state that has always maintained gay marriage] versus California [the state that voted against marriage], is a little odd.

I love California, so I will not belittle that state. But Massachusetts owns the gay rights issue.
No The World Number One GAY CITY IS SAN FRANCISCO CALI...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies