Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:18 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times

Advertisements

For all of those embracing the biblical definitions of a man and wife, I still want an answer to my question. Who did Cain, Abel, and Seth marry/ procreate with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 03:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,116,772 times
Genesis 5:4 (King James version) "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters".....seems the sons married the daughters

People seemed to live a very long time back then. Adam lived to be 930.....

No thanks!

Old 08-22-2010, 05:26 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
So you admit it's a religious reason.

Separation of church and state. Enough said.
Separation Of Church And STATE Means That We Will Never
Have A CHURCH OF AMERICA OR A CHURCH OF THE UNITED
STATES OF AMERICA LIKE ENGLAND HAD A CHURCH OF ENGLAND....

Old 08-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Howest2008 can't wrap his mind around the fact that law in the United States is based on the Constitution, not the Bible.
the Constitution Was Indeed A RADICAL DOCUMENT , but MOST
OF IT'S CONCEPTS CAME FROM THE BIBLE...Like All Men Are Created
Equal.......GOD IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS IS WHERE YOU GET THAT CONCEPT.........

Old 08-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Separation Of Church And STATE Means That We Will Never
Have A CHURCH OF AMERICA OR A CHURCH OF THE UNITED
STATES OF AMERICA LIKE ENGLAND HAD A CHURCH OF ENGLAND....
Um.....no! Google it, then get back to us.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
the Constitution Was Indeed A RADICAL DOCUMENT , but MOST
OF IT'S CONCEPTS CAME FROM THE BIBLE...Like All Men Are Created
Equal.......GOD IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS IS WHERE YOU GET THAT CONCEPT.........
I believe you are confusing The Constitution with The Declaration Of Independence.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
All the people that keep saying that domestic partnerships, civil unions should be fine with us are full of it. In many states the same organizations that supported prop H8 also have been working on banning those unions too. They say that since they infer the same meaning as marriage that we cannot have those either. Screw domestic partnerships or civil unions, we demand the same exact marriage rights that we deserve as tax paying US citizens regardless of wether we do, do not, or cannot procreate. Keep your controlling bible to your selves and out of everyone else's lives and out of the law books. I do not see how anyone can trust the church anymore with all the abuse of children that has been swept under the rug. Why has not the church stepped up and helped people keep from losing their homes with all the tax free dollars they take in. IF you should be banning anything it would be to ban divorce, since your divorce rate is well above 50%. Close to 70% of divorces are due to infidelity and I thought that was supposed to be a sin, where is all the uproar from the NOM or protect marriage about that. It is the christian agenda to ban gay marriage and if they can gay sex. IF you think is is icky, just do not do it, it is that simple, really.
ME Being in the CHURCH is sort of like sleeping with Strange
BEDFELLOWS...because wasn't a LARGE NUMBER OF CHRISTIANS
PRO SLAVERY ONCE UPON A TIME......But A LARGE NUMBER WERE
ANTI-SLAVERY so that's goes to show that ALL CHRISTIANS AREN't
ALIKE...I'm The SORT OF CHRISTIAN THAT CAN HANDLE DOMESTIC
PARTNERSHIPS OR GAY COMMON LAW MARRIAGES...Other won't
or Can't.....

Old 08-22-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
EXACTLY... religious... you anti gay marriage people have sat here and tried to make it NOT about religion.. but it is.. Thankyou for being honest. and you lose...have a nice day

Thanks Boiseguy If I LOSE so be it (I wan't shed a tear) because
Gay Marriage will never be legit to me....I'll just live life like I
alway have...and say THAT YOU WON......Have A Nice Day....

Old 08-22-2010, 05:47 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
I do not want the government deciding

Old 08-22-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Even if the bible wasn't irrelevant when it comes to legislation in this country (and it is UTTERLY irrelevant when it comes to that), the fact of the matter is that marriage existed long before the bible. See, here's the thing Howest... you are absolutely free to believe that the bible is the word and will of God. You are absolutely free to believe the whole story about Adam & Eve, the snake, the apple, the woman-from-a-rib, the incestual couplings between Eve and her sons, etc. You are absolutely free to believe in your God, your religion and your bible.

You are not, however, free to legislate someone else's rights based on those beliefs.

Not...in...this...country.

If your argument in favor of domestic partnerships instead of marriage is in any way based on your religious beliefs, you might as well not even bother arguing or offering your point of view on the matter. Why? Because no court in this land may take your religious beliefs into consideration when determining legislation.

The freedom to practice the religion you choose, granted by the 1st amendment, does not also grant you the freedom to use the religion you choose as a way of making legal policy in this country. You can bemoan that fact to your heart's content... but at the end of the day, your religious beliefs will still be irrelevant when it comes to the laws in this nation.
ALL People Have A AGENDA either based on RELIGIOUS BELIEFS
or other HIGHLY HELD BELIEFS even the HOMOSEXUAL RADICALS
....Because the GAY MARRIAGE RADICAL are the only group OPPOSED
TO DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS.....Sir Elton John Beieves
In Domestic Partnership and have been A GAY ACTIVIST FOR
DECADES.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies