Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBeautyGoodness View Post
As a Catholic, I believe in equal rights for gay through civil unions, but I believe the sanctity of marriage is between a man and a women.
As an agnostic, I believe the government needs to get out of the marriage business..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Civil rights such as this should NEVER be voted on by the people.
Marriage isnt a right, its a privlidge..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 05:28 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Marriage isnt a right, its a privlidge..
A "privilege" that comes with many exclusive benefits.

That should be extended to all parties.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:29 PM

47 posts, read 31,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
What revolution?

There's not nearly enough steam for a revolution, and even if ther ewas, it would be rather short.
Oh believe me there is more than enough steam if you think there isn't you aren't paying attention to the mood of the people. They are getting fed up with activist judges telling them how to live their lives and who they have to deal with in every day society.Yes you are correct it would be short this country is teetering on the edge of collapse.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:29 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I wonder if the same people who are against gay marriage would be willing to give up their marriage and benefits?

Of course NOT! Then it is about their "so called rights" (in their words)
Its not a right.

Enough of this labeling everything a right.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I am ok with this. The "will of the people" shouldn't even be in play when it comes to something like this. If the government chooses to recognize gay marriage and the benefits that come along with that then so be it. It doesn't effect anyone else so there is no reason for public input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartTheRevolution! View Post
Oh believe me there is more than enough steam if you think there isn't you aren't paying attention to the mood of the people. They are getting fed up with activist judges telling them how to live their lives and who they have to deal with in every day society.Yes you are correct it would be short this country is teetering on the edge of collapse.
We've been hearing that for many years now.

If it hasn't happened yet, it's not going to happen.

It's like saying "The end of the world is nigh!".

It's rather boring at this point.

And if people are fed up with "activist judges telling them how to live their lives", then they really shouldn't be in America.

Since that's pretty much the foundation OF teh country.

47 posts, read 31,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcredux View Post
StarTheRevolution,

- You use the words sodomites
- Your status is "A dark day for America."
- You seem to genuinely hate gays.

I don't know you or anything, but anyone who gets so upset about gays, probably has some "funny feelings" deep inside.
Ah so trying to say I am a homosexual nice try but you fail I am a married man. Not gay sorry for you. I am not upset about homosexuals I am upset that the peoples will was undone by an activist judge who just happened to be a homosexual and that destroyed any neutrality he was supposed to have in considering both sides of the argument.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
In a free country, liberal social policies always win in the long run. Today's ruling is the beginning of the end of the bans on same-sex marriage in the U.S.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartTheRevolution! View Post
There is no steam to revolt over gay marriage. That would be the lamest revolt ever.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Its not a right.

Enough of this labeling everything a right.
"right" or not, excluding people from privledges extended to other couples based upon gender preference shouldn't be allowed.

And this is just the tip of hte iceberg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies