Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:01 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
People learn what's right and wrong from their societal experiences. It's not objective, it's what they're taught. A large number of people in this thread base their opposition to gay marriage out of scripture, it's not like it's just some inherent given that homosexuality is wrong.
Don't let science be the teacher here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 01:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
It's all the stuff we CAN'T do without that little license that really matters, that gays and lesbians are fighting for.
Ok.. I'll bite, (although I'm going to regret it).. what cant they do without that paper? I've been living with a partner for 15 years, and we can do everything a married couple cant do..

Last edited by pghquest; 08-05-2010 at 01:23 PM..

Old 08-05-2010, 01:02 PM

396 posts, read 732,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Life, Liberty, and pursuit of Happiness is from the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution..

You might want to stop trying to lecture others on the content of the Constitution..
Pursuit of happiness may not be in there, but life & liberty certainly are.

Quote:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
gays are not a race
Why not try answering the question.....

Old 08-05-2010, 01:05 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
I'm not gay, sweetie. Nor I am I a racist. You're the one who brought up the "indian princess" bit. I was merely being cute. Yes, one is born gay. I kinda doubt anyone would choose to be gay in an society with ignorant bigots such as yourself in the majority.

And no, I'm not against the Bible because it is against gays. I am against the Bible being used to define our laws and rights, when this country was clearly founded as a secular nation based on secular principles and reason with a total separation of church and state.

And of course, the Bible is an outdated man-made book of plagiarized fairytales
its about as cute as me calling you tinkerbell funny huh. i too am not a fan of christianity for other reasons. i am not the bigot i could care less if your gay but i know your not born that way. yes i know gays hate the bible and christianity because it says its wrong of course you wont like it but if it said hey god made adam a man to have sex with instead of eve you would all love the bible. but whatever i know a man who was gay for all his life and now has changed and no longer is gay. you can change, if you wanted to. it is possible. but i am not saying you should change either, you want to be gay go on i dont care, gays do not bother me its what they do that bothers me

Old 08-05-2010, 01:09 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
its about as cute as me calling you tinkerbell funny huh. i too am not a fan of christianity for other reasons. i am not the bigot i could care less if your gay but i know your not born that way. yes i know gays hate the bible and christianity because it says its wrong of course you wont like it but if it said hey god made adam a man to have sex with instead of eve you would all love the bible. but whatever i know a man who was gay for all his life and now has changed and no longer is gay. you can change, if you wanted to. it is possible. but i am not saying you should change either, you want to be gay go on i dont care, gays do not bother me its what they do that bothers me
Short story, Adam and Sam.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Right, and did you see the "Constitution or no" part?
I sure did, but all of thsi began with you lecturing another poster on the Constitution..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
If you knew anything about the US Constitution, you would know that, no, 'the people' DO NOT have the right to vote on the privilege of marriage for any group or individual.
So I again ask you...
Quote:
If you knew anything about the Constitution, you'd understand that marriage is not a right

And people do have the right to vote on priviledges.. Tell me where in the Constititution the right to vote on privlidges were removed
Quote:
I never claimed it was in the Constitution. Even thought it IS, in principle. Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness is the foundation of the bill of rights. It is WHY the DOI was written in the first place - to escape the tyranny English rule (a Christian nation).
The Bill of Rights isnt a legal document used to argue the law and it has nothing to do with WHY the DOI was written in the first place.. The DOI was written to seperate from England, while the COnstitution BEGAN the legal foundation of a NEW country.. It was over issues like high taxes, (which was a few percentage points), and slavery laws dictated by the English.

The fact that you would bring up seperation of English is humorous.. Lets go with that argument..
America broke up because the English government dictated laws in america, and our country wanted to be able to allow individual states to create laws. This is not what we have here.. We again have a "tyranny" rule of the federal government telling the states what to do.. People DIED for state rights.. And you just ignore them like they died for gays to get married. WRONG.. They died so the STATES could decide how to govern their own people WITHOUT federal interferance..

So i again ask you
Quote:
And people do have the right to vote on priviledges.. Tell me where in the Constititution the right to vote on privlidges were removed

Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Why not try answering the question.....
holy crap i have so many people i am fighting off here i dont even know what the question is. so much for peaceful gay people, lol. i guess others are not allowed to disagree with gay people huh just like i stated earlier we are evil wrong and should just shut our mouths if we dont agree, you would think that since gays say they have been discrimminated against and had to keep thier opinions to theirselves for so long they would not want to force others to be quiet, as they know how it feels to not be able to share thier views.

Last edited by jaada; 08-05-2010 at 01:22 PM..

Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM

22 posts, read 94,574 times
Wow is right smashy no gays allowed in the schools to preach or recruit memebers for their so called "culture", give me a break, gays trying to recruit and preach their way of life in the schools keep their crap to themselves !!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:11 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
the world is not gay and straight.. black and white.. sexuality is gray..
in fact science points to sexuality following a scale.. the straightest of straight among u still have sexual thoughts about people of the same sex and it's perfectly natural.. and the gayest of gay the same...
How we express our sexuality is dependent upon our personal comfort level with ourselves and society in acting upon those desires..for someone that has strong same sex attraction.. it is enough of a drive to tell society to kiss their butt.. but for someone that it isn't so strong of a desire.. they hide it and can sweep it under a rug in the dark corners of their mind.
so if we want to be honest about the issue.. lets REALLY be honest...unfortunately the homo's who are open are the ones with ink on their hands for all to see and condemn... because they put it out there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies