Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 04:15 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times

Advertisements

Can anyone see Obama's Presidency so far as successful?

He has overwhelming majorities in both houses. He could pass a law to make pedophilia legal if he wanted to.

If he didn't have such great majorities, nothing that he passed would have passed. Shame on us for giving this community organizer such power.

Bush went to war with actual bi-partisan support.

Bush passed the part B prescription plan with bi-partisan support.

Bush passed tax cuts with bi-partisan support.

Bush passed no child left behind, which was co-sponsored with Ted Kennedy with bi-partisan support.

Everything Bush did was bi-partisan, whether you agree with it or not.

That's the sign of a true leader.

Remember folks, only 3 republicans out of 535 members of congress voted for the healthcare debacle. Dems are not mentioning the bill at all in their campaign's. In fact, they are running from it. They don't have the guts to have town hall meetings anymore because they cannot defend their vote.

Way to go Obama, you're doing a bang up job! Oh....speaking of jobs, where the hell are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 04:27 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Can anyone see Obama's Presidency so far as successful?

He has overwhelming majorities in both houses. He could pass a law to make pedophilia legal if he wanted to.

If he didn't have such great majorities, nothing that he passed would have passed. Shame on us for giving this community organizer such power.

Bush went to war with actual bi-partisan support.

Bush passed the part B prescription plan with bi-partisan support.

Bush passed tax cuts with bi-partisan support.

Bush passed no child left behind, which was co-sponsored with Ted Kennedy with bi-partisan support.

Everything Bush did was bi-partisan, whether you agree with it or not.

That's the sign of a true leader.
That was another time and another political climate. Maybe you werent paying attention then.

Quote:
Remember folks, only 3 republicans out of 535 members of congress voted for the healthcare debacle. Dems are not mentioning the bill at all in their campaign's. In fact, they are running from it. They don't have the guts to have town hall meetings anymore because they cannot defend their vote.
The Rs knew what is better for the people of the US but it wouldnt have been strategically successful to vote other than in the bloc they did. The Rs and the Ds are all wussies, scared for their jobs. And Ds at town hall meetings, probably their lives -- not because "they can't defend their vote."

Quote:
Way to go Obama, you're doing a bang up job! Oh....speaking of jobs, where the hell are they?
Jobs are the last thing to appear at the end of the recovery phase of a business cycle.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Yup, Bush gave the wealthiest people of this country huge tax breaks and Repugs defended it saying those people create jobs.....so WHERE ARE THE JOBS? Why didn't the Repug Gods create jobs??

The jobs didn't start disappearing under Obama...it was way before he was in office....Bush did NOTHING about it.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:11 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
As far as Palin "unloading" on the President--she's just taking advantage of the fact that she's on the outside looking in. Does anyone think that she'd react well to the kinds of criticism she dishes out? I don't think she would respond well to it, at all.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
As far as Palin "unloading" on the President--she's just taking advantage of the fact that she's on the outside looking in. Does anyone think that she'd react well to the kinds of criticism she dishes out? I don't think she would respond well to it, at all.
Nope, she'd start whining and crying and victimizing herself!.....then she'd Q U I T !

Old 08-05-2010, 06:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This was good.

So many in the media fail to follow up with the obvious question when obama and the dems try and blame Bush for their inherited mess.

The question to obama and the dems; You've had control of congress for almost 4 years, YOU are the ones that increased the debt, deficit and spending.

Sarah Palin: Obama

Speaking truth to power.
When Palin unloads, it's closely related to my unloading, when taking my morning constitutional.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:57 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Take it for what it's worth.
A loon unloads on Obama. Big deal. And supportive loons applaud. The saps believe everything Plain says. Wow!

I'm no fan of palin and quite frankly I'd love to see her go away. However, I'd like to see you debunk anything that was said here. Can you?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:00 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Palin is correct on this one.

Obama wants people to forget that he was a senator before he became president. So yes he did help create the mess we are in.

Democrats dont want to accept this but they are also to blame for the state we are in now. Just 1 party did NOT cause this.

Democrats also want you to forget what year they got majority.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:02 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
When Palin unloads, it's closely related to my unloading, when taking my morning constitutional.
^nothing to do with the thread.

Would you care to talk about what she actually said. Can you prove what she said wrong?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'm no fan of palin and quite frankly I'd love to see her go away. However, I'd like to see you debunk anything that was said here. Can you?
You can yourself, by comparing her accusations with his voting records in the US and IL senates.

This is the Facebook communique where Palin wrote "refudiates" btw.

You can refudiate this line by line, if you have the energy, which I dont right now.

"Barack Obama was part of the problem while in Congress. Senator Obama pushed the fiscally irresponsible measures that Democrats, who held the majority, advanced while holding the government’s purse strings. And now, as President, he’s not just one of the pack anymore as a mere contributor to the problem – he now leads the problem. We are sick and tired of President Obama pointing his finger and screeching through his blame game about what he “inherited.” Up until 18 months ago he was fully engaged in that Congressional herd mentality of the Left as he just went with the flow, adding to the debt and deficit, instead of bucking his party’s leadership to stop the recklessness. (Did you ever hear him as an independent voice standing up and speaking out against his Democrat party’s overspending and over reach? Come to think of it, did you ever hear of his congressional record at all? For the life of me I can’t think of any time he used his bully pulpit as a sitting U.S. Senator to lead free market, equality-respecting pro-private sector efforts, nor to change up actions he now conveniently condemns. He could have refudiated them all.)"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies