Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:59 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yes. In fact, in Florida, single straight men can adopt, but gay couples, gay singles, or even bisexual singles cannot adopt.
You would be wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/26/us/26florida.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 01:02 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Maybe you'd do it, but the child would be taken away.
Ummm, no, they wouldn't. Unless you gave them reason to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet
Do you think they allow single men to adopt children?
Again, yes, yes they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet
men are presumed to be pedophiles.
Men may be scrutinized greater than women, but as far as I know there are no laws preventing single men from adopting.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Ummm, no, they wouldn't. Unless you gave them reason to.

Again, yes, yes they do.

Men may be scrutinized greater than women, but as far as I know there are no laws preventing single men from adopting.
Why are men scrutinized more and why aren't liberals outraged at that?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
That was a Miami-Dade Circuit Court Opinion. The Supreme Court has not ruled it unconstitutional.

It is still illegal:

Florida Gay Adoption Ban Debated | News | Advocate.com

Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Well, what do you think smoking bans are?
If you said drugs, I would have agreed. But smoking is not banned (and shouldn't be) as long as you don't affect others.

Quote:
When people chose to have children, it certainly does impact me. I have hearing problems, the screams kids make is very painful for me. Kids also carry germs, etc. People at work, their sick kids spread germs to the parents, who come into work, and spread it around work..
And that ties to your arguments in this thread, how? It appears you'd like to force people against having kids, gays or not.

Quote:
Lots of choices people make has impacts on other people. I can smell the food people cook every day. If they drive a motorcylce, the loud noise hurts my ears..
And that ties to your arguments in this thread, how?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:08 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
using the intervention of science, so that they can create a new child? I have no problems with them adopting, but given that it's physically impossible for two people of the same sex to have sex and produce offspring, should they be allowed to using scientific technology to do something? If you want to have a child, should you be forced to have sex with someone of the opposite sex? I mean, that's how it's been done for millions of years.
Well, the fertility clinic we were just at had dozens of straight people who were going to use science and donors to get pregnant...should they be stopped as well? That's 99% of their clientele.

1,173 posts, read 1,534,630 times
Quote:
Answer this, if you think gays should be able to use science to have children, or that single women should be able to use science to get pregnant, should beta/dorks/geeks guys be allowed to use science to have children since they cannot find women to willingly have sex with them? If not, why not, but why so for the other scenarios? Is it a right for EVERYONE to have children, or only certainly groups?
I think that if someone really wants a child badly enough, then they should be able to do so whether they are gay, straight, bi, pink, blue, black or white. The ones who really want children and won't stop until that wish is fulfilled turn out to be excellent parents rather than those who get married and have kids b/c its the "normal" way.

Quote:
That was a Miami-Dade Circuit Court Opinion. The Supreme Court has not ruled it unconstitutional.

It is still illegal:

Florida Gay Adoption Ban Debated | News | Advocate.com
well it would be legal in that circuit unless overturned.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Well, the fertility clinic we were just at had dozens of straight people who were going to use science and donors to get pregnant...should they be stopped as well? That's 99% of their clientele.
Is there anything medically wrong with gay people like there are with people who have fertility issues?

Perhaps, just perhaps, two people of the same sex cannot produce a child?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Is there anything medically wrong with gay people like there are with people who have fertility issues?

Perhaps, just perhaps, two people of the same sex cannot produce a child?

Yes...it's a medical fact that gay men do not have ovaries or a uterus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies