Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:17 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times

Advertisements

I'm afraid her confirmation will unify antisemites on the left and right, claiming jews have too much power/influence...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 06:17 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The definition of marriage has been changed a bunch of times. Blacks and whites were not able to marry in many states for a long time. Allowing that changed the definition of marriage. Women use to be considered property of her husband. The definition of marriage was changed when it became seen as an equal partnership.
But a black man and a white woman and vice versa are still a MAN and a WOMAN. You're really comparing a man and woman of differing skin color to be the same as a man marrying another man??? I'm not one to play the race card, but I would call your statement racist.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
No...plenty have had executive experience as governors, or significant time in the Senate or as VP. Not even one term in the Senate and a short stint as a state senator does not qualify one to be President. Obama is easily the mose unqualified President in history.
Lincoln.....

Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
But a black man and a white woman and vice versa are still a MAN and a WOMAN. You're really comparing a man and woman of differing skin color to be the same as a man marrying another man??? I'm not one to play the race card, but I would call your statement racist.
Point is the definition of marriage has already changed numerous times. The actual tradition of marriage was man and property.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
That alone shows her legal judgement is SOLID.

The military should not be violating the civil rights of gay Americans who want to risk their lives for our nation. Kagan stood up for that minority, as should any judge worthy of their degree.
She was proven wrong by SCOTUS. Ironic or prophetic, only time will tell.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
I hope the leftist will be satisfied when this country descends into the crapper.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:17 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Default Oh they'll be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I hope the leftist will be satisfied when this country descends into the crapper.
The elitists collecting six figure pensions at 50 years of age and the crackheads workin the give away programs won't mind a bit.

However you and I will be in the crapper paying their way.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:22 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The elitists collecting six figure pensions at 50 years of age and the crackheads workin the give away programs won't mind a bit.

However you and I will be in the crapper paying their way.
If it keeps going the way it is....it will eventually collapse like a house of cards.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 PM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
No, but seeing SCOTUS tip towards the liberal side is surely a wonderful thing to contemplate.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Marriage between people of the same gender is not equality, its changing the entire meaning of marriage. I do think they should be treated equally...employment, housing, etc....but changing the definition of marriage does not constitute equality in my book.
You need to do a little reading.
For centuries it was women as chattel, a place to combine and provide political alliances and assets.
So you think the GLBT community should only have the rights you believe they should have.
How magnanimous of you.

Quote:
Equal rights is equal rights if it’s based on color or who one loves, what’s the difference? You are denying citizens equality. Period.
When did you make the decision to be straight (if you are)?

_____
This country is in the crapper, pretzel.
We attack nations unprovoked, send over 4k kids to their deaths, over 30k to lives of pain and horror with severe injuries; we chose to kill over 100k Iraqis and numerous Afghani’s. Guantanamo, Abu Graib, waterboarding and inflicting other torture on people of our choosing… If that’s not sending us straight to the crapper, what is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies