Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 02:21 PM

749 posts, read 2,438,961 times

Advertisements

I'm all for legalizing pot even though I don't smoke it and make it cheap as hell too. The problems really started when dips**ts Nixon and Reagan kicked the "war on drugs into high gear". Pot was cheap and readily available and then the heavy enforcement started. Why should a smuggler lay his arse on the line filling up a boat with weed when with a fraction of the space he can smuggle in coke worth 20 times as much.

The heavy enforcement made everything more difficult to obtain so the street level profiteer had to get creative, the result?.........crack cocaine.
Now instead of having a handful of people dieing from some powder and the rest happy with smokin some joints in the 70's, we have carjackings, murder, armed robbery on our streets over the rock. Thank Ron and Nancy for replacing a small monkey with an 800 lb gorilla on our backs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 04:01 PM

809 posts, read 1,950,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
They have the option of using an oral swab, which shows recent use. They have the option of a urine sample. Or, just like alcohol, they have the option of a blood sample. In order to establish physical impairment the officer also has the option of a field sobriety test. But the first step would be to make marijuana legal and the next step would be to determine a legal limit of THC in the body, so you could specifically target marijuana smokers somewhat fairly. Right now all an officer has to do is show ANY amount of an illegal drug in the body (or a legal drug but no proof of perscription) and you have a problem.
Same tests we use in juvenile probate for our "drug court" kids.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:02 PM

194 posts, read 463,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
I'm all for legalizing pot even though I don't smoke it and make it cheap as hell too. The problems really started when dips**ts Nixon and Reagan kicked the "war on drugs into high gear". Pot was cheap and readily available and then the heavy enforcement started. Why should a smuggler lay his arse on the line filling up a boat with weed when with a fraction of the space he can smuggle in coke worth 20 times as much.

The heavy enforcement made everything more difficult to obtain so the street level profiteer had to get creative, the result?.........crack cocaine.
Now instead of having a handful of people dieing from some powder and the rest happy with smokin some joints in the 70's, we have carjackings, murder, armed robbery on our streets over the rock. Thank Ron and Nancy for replacing a small monkey with an 800 lb gorilla on our backs.
Yes!! It's nice to know some people have a realisitic view of america's drug problem!!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:28 PM

864 posts, read 1,720,839 times
If the country were serious about reducing drug use, they should confiscate, poison, and redistribute them. You'd have to be pretty hardcore to risk death every time you used.

But to be honest, I wouldn't have much of a problem with the legalization of MJ. I've never used and never will but from what I read, it's pretty harmless.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:49 AM

31 posts, read 26,061 times
The dispensarys are not getting their Marijuana from dealers you nub. There are legal growing facilitys in California that grow for legeal sales. God damn you people never stop telling lies to support your nonexistant platform. I.E. Palin is really a smart person she was just ambushed by Kati with that what do you read question. LOL

Old 08-08-2010, 12:22 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
If the country were serious about reducing drug use, they should confiscate, poison, and redistribute them. You'd have to be pretty hardcore to risk death every time you used.
But to be honest, I wouldn't have much of a problem with the legalization of MJ. I've never used and never will but from what I read, it's pretty harmless.
Fantastic idea dude, poison 40 percent of the population! I'd be willing sign on to your cause if you could give me a few more enlightened suggestions,
like how to pay for the disposing of all of those dead bodies or how us taxpayers would pay for the millions of lawsuits that would come about because of mass murder.
What a novel concept, like playing Russian roulette, every time you light up a joint. Perhaps we'd develop a new generation of entrepreneurial "antidote lords"
who would be able to cash in on your terrific idea, creating a totally new and better black market, selling antidotes. I think that your brainstorm has a major flaw
but because your first five words betray a lack of understanding of your government, (the ludicrous assumption,) that your country, more so it's leaders, would be
capable of being serious about anything, I sincerely doubt that we'll be seeing your genius plan going into effect for at least another three or four years or unless a
desperate congress comes to realize before that time, that they can kill off half of the population and award the remaining half new jobs, burying them.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:49 PM

864 posts, read 1,720,839 times
40% of the population wouldn't die -- although I wouldn't have a big problem with that given the nature of that 40%. The idea is that a few people do die and it's publicized scaring the rest of the people of that 40% -- similar to the Tylenol scare of the 80's. Maybe a dozen people died but Tylenol sales plummeted.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:22 AM

57 posts, read 206,894 times
Vote to Legalize Marajuana it will decrease crime.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:39 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
40% of the population wouldn't die -- although I wouldn't have a big problem with that given the nature of that 40%. The idea is that a few people do die and it's publicized scaring the rest of the people of that 40% -- similar to the Tylenol scare of the 80's. Maybe a dozen people died but Tylenol sales plummeted.
Yesterday, I attempted to respond to your half baked comment, obviously although my response was simple, succinct and non-caustic
the comment was removed by whomever monitors and moderates this forum. I would've thought that if the moderator had any sense of decency,
they might've first considered removing your sinister suggestion of poisoning the drug users but since it appears that they obviously concur with
your opinion, I'm back once again, to re approach the issue.

Your devious concept, the poisoning of marijuana, is not a new idea, it has been done before by the U.S. Government. I'm posting a link to some
information which may serve to help you get a better understanding of the fact that your foolishly suggested approach has been used before and to let
you know that there is nothing new or novel about it. I might also point out that Tylenol sales today, are as strong as ever and that the death penalty,
when applied to those who warrant it, doesn't really seem to scare the rest of those who take the lives of others.

Here's the link, I suggest that you use it to expand your limited knowledge base:

Nation: Panic over Paraquat - TIME

Old 08-10-2010, 10:23 PM

194 posts, read 463,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflair View Post
The dispensarys are not getting their Marijuana from dealers you nub. There are legal growing facilitys in California that grow for legeal sales. God damn you people never stop telling lies to support your nonexistant platform. I.E. Palin is really a smart person she was just ambushed by Kati with that what do you read question. LOL
Obviously you didn't read my whole post, I am in FAVOR of the legalization of pot for ALL usage!!! I also am in favor of the government controlling the distribution and marketing of the product. Yes, big government does not scare me, that's why we have a government, right? So you can completely distance me from some dimwit like Sara Palin!! And learn how to interpret what you read before you go runnin off at the keyboard genius!! Oh, and BTW, there are plenty of street dealers raking in cash in the medical pot game, do you live in a bubble or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies