Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 01:50 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
You guys are aware that Taliban ruled Afghanistan sheltered the people who attacked us on 9/11/2001 right?

Americans have turned into such ******* and babies. God help us if we ever have to fight a major war where entire battalions are wiped out in a single day's fighting. We should be thankful the casaulty counts are negligible compared to what they would be in a war against a nation that possesses actual armed forces. Iraq and Afghanistan are training exercises compared to what will happen when we eventually have to fight the Chinese.
You do realize that if our central intelligence had their act together and we had airport security measures in place,
9/11 would have never happened. Try a lock on the
cockpit doors. Airline hijacking was not invented on 9/11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 02:00 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Approved executions, acts of torture and rape.
Public beheadings of women who were accuse of prostitution and took place in front of family members including children. The heads of the women were publicly displayed near signs reading 'For the honor of Iraq.' 130 women were reportedly killed in this manner, but the estimation is probably higher.
Children (reported as young as 5) were subjected to military training which included cruelty to animals. If the parents objected they were executed and the children imprisoned.
The Iraq citizens were restricted from voting and 8% of members of Arab Ba' ath Party could vote leaving the citizens unable to vote in another government.
The Iraq citizens were not allowed to assemble unless it was to express support for their government. The Iraqi government controlled the establishment of political parties regulated by internal affairs which monitored their activities.
Check points prevented citizens from traveling abroad without government permission (expensive). They had to post collateral and Iraqi women could not travel without a male companion.
Halabja poison gas attack occurred March 15 - 19, 1988 and Hussein began his extermination against the Kurdish people living in Northern Iraq. There were at least 50,000 - 100,000 people killed, many were women and children.
Experimentation's of different gases on civilians.

ANd that's just a tiny part of what a monster this man was. His family was pretty bad, too. I guess the soccer players were better off with his brother (in charge of youth sports) who imprisoned them and/or tortured them when they lost games.

WikiAnswers - What human rights abuses did Saddam Hussein commit

How can you defend a man who condones rape and murder? That's just sick.
While I do not defend any of the above, with that type of reasoning we should be in Darfur.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:04 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
How can you defend a man who condones rape and murder? That's just sick.

Apparently he wasn't sick enough when the U.S. government fully backed him in his war with Iran.
Saddam Hussein Donald Rumsfeld Handshake Photo

These never ending wars are a direct result of decades of wrongheaded interventionist foreign policy. I guess you need to be reminded that al-CIA-da were our surrogates when they were fighting the Russians in Afghanistan and the Serbs in Bosnia.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Why are the troops still there? For what? So they can vote? Iraq was better with Hussein in charge. Our troops are dying for what? Can someone please give me reasons to change my mind? BTW, when did Obama say he was going to end that mess?
Obama does not run anything. He is just a figure. He sits there with the title while the Generals and the banksters are running the country.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:07 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
The USA helped to create Saddam. Willingly. Eagerly. Why didn't they nip him in the bud willingly, and early on ? WAIT ! he was useful !!! yes..that's it. Ten four good buddy. I have no sympathy for Saddam, but the lies told by my so called leaders to "justify" invading Iraq were a lot more sinister, because our "dear" leaders will feel free to use the same methods to attack anyone, any time, and any place.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:21 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
because our "dear" leaders will feel free to use the same methods to attack anyone, any time, and any place.
Except along the U.S. Mexico border

Old 08-07-2010, 02:32 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Why are the troops still there? For what? So they can vote? Iraq was better with Hussein in charge. Our troops are dying for what? Can someone please give me reasons to change my mind? BTW, when did Obama say he was going to end that mess?
we can't pull out soon enough.!!! some countries need a tyrant to keep the crazys in check. sadam was doing a dam good job till we came along

Old 08-07-2010, 03:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
I doubt any time soon we will leave Afganistan, since valuable minerals have been discovered. My son is slated to be there pretty soon too, and I am not really happy about that. I think he will be ok, and anyone with him will be as well, but we don't really have any business there not based on Greed and Power.

I am a hawk and think we need to get our boys back home. We did what we needed in Iraq. We confiscated WMD's as chemical agewents outside international law and below weapons grade 'yellow cake' that could be refined to be weapsons grade, but Canada has it and will run power plants with that now. Anyone can search yellow cake, so no big need to state what it is.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:08 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
No, that's 'cut an run". Those bad guys will follow us home. An American is not afraid of war. War is good. War can even be fun. We should look around for other countries to invade.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:32 PM

683 posts, read 1,469,053 times
Quote:

Why are the troops still there????

O I L

O I L

Natural resources
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies