Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 04:35 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,544,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
This is where Hilary Clinton gets her own private army...
Have to have the Helicopters there at the Embassy to get the full Saigon/Vietnam effect Exit Strategy. Flying folks off the roof of the Embassy as the Barbarians storm the gates makes for some Great Video.

Anyway, for now, the Iraq Oil Money -- In U$ Dollars -- Not Euros -- is being routed to and through the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Soooo. Mission Accomplished.

Maybe just think of this as some rather hostile corporate take-over.

Iran is next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 05:27 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Churchill's Folly: How Winston Churchill Created Modern Iraq There is no "real" country there it is a fig newton of British making after WWI.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
As is much of the middle east, between Turkey and Egypt.

Quote:
Have to have the Helicopters there at the Embassy to get the full Saigon/Vietnam effect Exit Strategy. Flying folks off the roof of the Embassy as the Barbarians storm the gates makes for some Great Video.
I'd like to see that, as the last helicopter lifts off... Hilary on the root top, clenched fist hollering WAIT! ! ! WAIT FOR ME! ! ! G-DAMMIT! ! ! I'M GOING TO BE PRESIDENT! ! !

With a caption, quoting Memphis1979...
Quote:
Obama won the war!!!

Last edited by Willsson; 08-08-2010 at 05:51 PM..

Old 08-08-2010, 05:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yay,

Obama won the war!!!
What did Obama do?

Old 08-08-2010, 05:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We won nothing. We're tucking our tails between our legs and going home..finally.

We won exactly what there was to win: NOTHING

Old 08-08-2010, 06:07 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
If its true I am glad. Lets bring them home and station them on our southern border.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:17 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
From the OP cite: "the U.S. moves ahead with a major drawdown of its troops to be completed by the end of August, when only 50,000 will remain in the country."

And from the cite "State Department wants a mini-army in Iraq": the State Department is forming a "small army to protect diplomatic personnel" while the Pentagon stlll pays for military hardware and Halliburton-type profiteers.

So taxpayers continue to pay for 50,000 American servicemen in Iraq (while the rest go straight on to Afghanistan), and the State Department and Pentagon still burn taxpayer's dollars there. While Obama takes credit for "getting us out of Iraq" (even though he got us INTO Afghanistan).

And our $13 trillion national debt continues adding about $1.5 trillion a year.

How much can our government borrow, to be repaid with interest by taxpayers now and their children and grandchildren? How much can they print before we all realize the fiat currency dollar is now worthless? I guess we'll find out, since government will never stop overspending, until they are stopped. We let it get too big, and now it's our Master.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:17 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If its true I am glad. Lets bring them home and station them on our southern border.
I Agree but unfortunately illegal

Old 08-08-2010, 06:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
From the OP cite: "the U.S. moves ahead with a major drawdown of its troops to be completed by the end of August, when only 50,000 will remain in the country."

And from the cite "State Department wants a mini-army in Iraq": the State Department is forming a "small army to protect diplomatic personnel" while the Pentagon stlll pays for military hardware and Halliburton-type profiteers.

So taxpayers continue to pay for 50,000 American servicemen in Iraq (while the rest go straight on to Afghanistan), and the State Department and Pentagon still burn taxpayer's dollars there. While Obama takes credit for "getting us out of Iraq" (even though he got us INTO Afghanistan).

And our $13 trillion national debt continues adding about $1.5 trillion a year.

How much can our government borrow, to be repaid with interest by taxpayers now and their children and grandchildren? How much can they print before we all realize the fiat currency dollar is now worthless? I guess we'll find out, since government will never stop overspending, until they are stopped. We let it get too big, and now it's our Master.
How did Omaba get us into Afghanistan?

Old 08-08-2010, 06:34 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What did Obama do?
I don't know, but he was President when the troops come home. That means he won it right?

I mean, other Presidents have gotten credit remarkable stuff, that they had little to no effect on, just happened to be in the office when it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies