Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So, in essense, you are admitting to being a biased blowhard who only listens to their master who acts like a child.

Got it.
Wow. Now that was quite a spin lol my head is still dizzy from trying to figure out how you got this from what was said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Okay...Clarification Time

[quote=Arjay51;15442178]
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post

Do you claim that all of your statements on the subject are 100% factual? I don't care what you say, but when spreading your personal biased opinion as a fact, expect to get called on it.

So, according to your position, someone did die and made you "Free Speech Marshal Of The City-Data Politics Forum"?

Thus entitling you to practice what you call the "Oh Shut Up" policy when anyone disagrees with you? You can exercise your rights but no one else can? My, how liberal of you.

So, in essense, you are admitting to being a biased blowhard who only listens to their master who acts like a child.

Got it.
1) This jazz about calling someone a liberal when they espouse a point of view that you don't like, is getting old, and it ain't gonna work on me---I don't slap labels on folk who disagree with me, and as a matter of fact, it's their RIGHT to disagree with me, politcal/religious/ethnic/gender status notwithstanding...as I said in my previous post, I am an adult, and I will speak up WHEN I please, WHERE I please, and about WHAT I please...that is a fact, set in stone, and no flip-mouthed, smarty-pants dismissal from you or others like you will change that...deal with it

2) You're absolutely right...it's MY opinion, and you and everybody can 'call me' on it 'til skunks don't stink...I am not perfect, and I have on occasion spoke on something and not had my facts in place, and I'll admit it...

3) And just for the record, your calling me a blowhard, and biased at that, who listens to a 'master' like a child? Yeah right...I have no master, I'm not a child, and as long as I adhere to the Terms Of Service here on City Data, and not personally attack anyone, then I will 'blow-hard' at my leisure...sorry for your luck if you think I'm biased, but I WILL speak my mind, fair or foul, right or wrong...

Old 08-12-2010, 09:21 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Hello Nat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Wow. Now that was quite a spin lol my head is still dizzy from trying to figure out how you got this from what was said
And don't worry...I'm not going to stop being me, and saying what I think, based on someone's pseudo-smug supposed 'dismissal' of me and/or my opinions...not gonna happen, ever

Old 08-12-2010, 02:21 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
So your concept of freedom of speach only applies to those you agree with, all others should be silenced.

Are you a member of the current administration?

Or the previous ones, for that matter.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:12 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
"Freedom of Speech.......just watch what you say"
Public Enemy

Old 08-13-2010, 07:37 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Perhaps if you bothered to follow the entire conversation and took into account both points of view it would become clear to you. But from your past posts that isn't going to happen, especially considering anothers point of view.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Perhaps if you bothered to follow the entire conversation and took into account both points of view it would become clear to you. But from your past posts that isn't going to happen, especially considering anothers point of view.
I'd read the whole conversation I'm just trying to figure out what language you're reading because it clearly isn't English.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:37 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
I'd read the whole conversation I'm just trying to figure out what language you're reading because it clearly isn't English.
IF you truly read the conversation, perhaps comprehension should be on your agenda since you clearly did not understand it.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
IF you truly read the conversation, perhaps comprehension should be on your agenda since you clearly did not understand it.
I did. Not sure what the purpose of the big capitalized bold if but yet I still don't understand how you got what you said from the statement you quoted. Perhaps you would be so kind as to explain....of course not, you're too busy insulting people and trying to be clever. Carry on.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Mrs. Palin was not exercising her freedom of speech when she tore the banner down. She was infringing on the freedom of speech of another person. The hypocrisy is that Mrs Palin embraces the concept of freedom of speech when she criticizes the President and his administration, but doesn't tolerate that same concept when the criticism is leveled at her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's not a First Amendment issue. But it is a free speech issue. Mrs Palin obstructed another citizen's exercise of free speech, because that citizen was critical of Mrs Palin. Mrs Palin is free to challenge the precepts of the other citizen's criticism, but she is not free to rip down a banner. The fact that her group applauded vandalism does Mrs Palin no credit.
reread the article again, it wasnt palin that tore the banner down, it was someone in her entourage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies