Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:31 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Sorry what? I am 100% behind freedom of speech, even for those nuts like the members of the Westboro Baptist church.
The woman who brought and hung the banner had permission to do so. Mrs. Palin's entourage had no right to tear it down. Simple.
Yep. Reps for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 07:31 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
How would anybody feel if there was a huge banner in their neighborhood saying how bad they are?
Really, how would you feel?
Would you go and talk to the person or just drive by it everyday???
Would you do everything in your power to have it taken down or just let it stand with the feeling that it is not true?
Think about this and please let us know what YOU would do, okay?
Not a good analogy.

You cannot compare a private citizen to a politician who is actively campaigning.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
How would anybody feel if there was a huge banner in their neighborhood saying how bad they are?
Would you do everything in your power to have it taken down or just let it stand with the feeling that it is not true?
I would probably confront the person. But I would not try to limit someone's rights!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:05 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yes, she was polite............while she completely avoided addressing the issue............quiting a post she was elected to do. She is only capable of repeating the same political phrases over and over. She is not capable of discussing a subject that she hasn't rehearsed ahead of time.............or that isn't written on her hand.

Ummmm..........where there is smoke there is fire.

I have never heard of another politician resigning over allegations unless they were true.

I don't see the President quitting his job or shirking his duty because of personal investigations and lawsuits.........."birthers", need I say more?

And as far as the teacher........why the stunned expression on Sarah's face? Afraid to debate a teacher, Sarah?

And..........so what if the lady did play in a drag queen band?

She is still an American citizen.

She is still an Alaskan citizen.

She is still a voter.

She has the same rights as anyone else...............except maybe in the eyes of Sarah Palin and her followers.
Tom Delay quit office and the cahrges were found to be not true. I'm betting there have plenty more.

Obama isn't getting hit with lawsuit after lawsuit. Nor would he have to show up in court or really deal with them if he was.

And what did Palin do to violate this woman's rights? The video didn't show anything of the sort.

Just more Palin bashing by the left. It's really got to point of being ridiculous.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:06 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
I would probably confront the person. But I would not try to limit someone's rights!
What happened that limited this woman's rights?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:21 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
I think it says loads about those who defend this woman.
Palin has every right to say whatever she wants & I can only hope she keeps talkin.
As she would say herself" it just shows to go ya"

Old 09-06-2010, 10:50 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
It wouldn't bother me. I learned back in grade school that most people do things just to get a rise out of you and when they don't they lose interest. If it did bother me, I would have just chosen another route. But seeing as how she's a public figure she'd better get a thicker skin when it comes to criticism and people disliking her or she'll spend the rest of her life confronting people.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:17 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Of course it doesn't matter that Palin didn't tear down that sign any, or do anything other than have a conversation.

That a hack pretending to be a journalist quoted words not in the transcript.

I after viewing the video, and reading the transcript, I happened to glance in a mirror next to me and suddenly my hair seems fixed, and my finger nails are no longer broken. Funny I don't feel gay.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:31 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
It wouldn't bother me. I learned back in grade school that most people do things just to get a rise out of you and when they don't they lose interest. If it did bother me, I would have just chosen another route. But seeing as how she's a public figure she'd better get a thicker skin when it comes to criticism and people disliking her or she'll spend the rest of her life confronting people.
Riiight. Just like when I disagree with you, you go into attack mode.

Re-read the past posts for proof. Then quit trying to make yourself something you are not.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Riiight. Just like when I disagree with you, you go into attack mode.

Re-read the past posts for proof. Then quit trying to make yourself something you are not.
Well I guess you think more of me than I do of you, cause I can't even recall a thread where you've posted. I wouldn't care. And "online" is a far cry from the real world...at least for most sensible people. I come here to vent and voice my opinions and debate but at the end of the day I don't lose any sleep over anyone on this forum. When I log off I'm not walking around my house fretting over what Arjay51 said about online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies