Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 12:13 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Translation:

"Shooting the messenger is fun!"
The Repugs are destroying this country. I know you people think it's fun to blame the Dems, but who wants to extend tax cuts and then add it to the deficit? then the want to deny aid to the states among other silly stances against the states and hard working people. No jobs bill, denial to the states money, repeal amendments....please.

Any mainstrean human can see past their bull**** to know what their end game is, an oligarchy and the subjagation of the middle class....and I guess there are plenty of fools who support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 12:15 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
I cant speak for Neuling but I do want SS to exist. I want it to be a substantial part of my retirement too.

but democrats have insured that will not happen because they have robbed the trust, put Tbils in the box, and then made hte Tbills worthless.

I'd love that to be my primary source of income as a retiree, too. But that's not what it was intended for.
Quote:

I WANT MY MONEY.

SS is a broke joke. It's a ponzy scheme and if the creators were investment bankers they would be rotting in jail.
You're right. So if we seriously expect that it would support us in our old age we need to change it or come up with a new version of it.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your complete failure to see the hypocrisy in Boehner's stances on these issues and how his priorities contradict each other is sad. Your analogy made no sense because you did not give an analogy that was even remotely related to what I pointed out as Boehner's hypocrsiy. He says that we cannot afford keeping the retirement age as it stands now, but he cannot come up with an answer as to how the tax cuts will be paid for. He is talking out of both sides of his mouth with a fork tongue and no matter how you attempt to spin it, any idiot can clearly see his less than noble agenda and hypocrisy.
Its not hypocritical to keep the discussions seperate, the budgets are seperate. Its like comparing your bank account to another posters and then trying to equate a lifestyle.. it doenst work.. Tax cuts affect ONE budget, SS is A DIFFERENT one.. They are NOT related.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:20 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your complete failure to see the hypocrisy in Boehner's stances on these issues and how his priorities contradict each other is sad. Your analogy made no sense because you did not give an analogy that was even remotely related to what I pointed out as Boehner's hypocrsiy. He says that we cannot afford keeping the retirement age as it stands now, but he cannot come up with an answer as to how the tax cuts will be paid for. He is talking out of both sides of his mouth with a fork tongue and no matter how you attempt to spin it, any idiot can clearly see his less than noble agenda and hypocrisy.

Also...
Boehner supports privatizing Social Security. Boehner said he’d push to privatize Social Security if he was in charge. “If I’m around in a leadership role come January, we’re going to get serious about it.â€
Sic, seriously lets walk thru this.

Bush Tax Cuts relate to INCOME TAX RATES.

Social Security is not connected AT ALL to Income Tax Rates.

If we raise Income Tax Rates to 100% for every American and do nothing to the SS tax rate, then SS will still be insolvent.

Thus my analogy. Driving Honda’s has nothing to do with Chinese food. SS solvency has nothing to do with Income Tax Rates.

Back to Boehner. If Boehner were for expiring the BTC (bush tax cuts), we would still have to deal with exactly the same issue in Social Security. There is NO connection between the two.

And I am for privatizing SS. So I am very happy Boehner is for it! Thanks for pointing that out!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its not hypocritical to keep the discussions seperate, the budgets are seperate. Its like comparing your bank account to another posters and then trying to equate a lifestyle.. it doenst work.. Tax cuts affect ONE budget, SS is A DIFFERENT one.. They are NOT related.
huh?

and yet all the money comes from the same, place....the American people.

how many budgets does the Federal Government have? One for each program? I don't think so.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
The Repugs are destroying this country. I know you people think it's fun to blame the Dems, but who wants to extend tax cuts and then add it to the deficit? then the want to deny aid to the states among other silly stances against the states and hard working people. No jobs bill, denial to the states money, repeal amendments....please.
Denying "aid" to the state is not a stance against the hard workign people. You do understand that for the federal government to give aid, they have to take the money fromhard working people? The federal government should NOT be giving the states money, there is NOTHING authorizing such actions from taking place and it leads to further incompetent governing..
Quote:
Any mainstrean human can see past their bull**** to know what their end game is, an oligarchy and the subjagation of the middle class....and I guess there are plenty of fools who support them.
You have the nerve to talk about an oligarchy after you just supported the above? You deserve 3 for that one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'd love that to be my primary source of income as a retiree, too. But that's not what it was intended for.

You're right. So if we seriously expect that it would support us in our old age we need to change it or come up with a new version of it.
first, I didnt say "primary source" that was your term.

But certainly a substantial portion. for most Americans it is more than 50% of their retirement income.

The point is, it is a failure at what it was supposed to do.

There are ways of fixing it. But democrats dont want to do that because it would take those funds away from them.

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
I cant speak for Neuling but I do want SS to exist. I want it to be a substantial part of my retirement too.

but democrats have insured that will not happen because they have robbed the trust, put Tbils in the box, and then made hte Tbills worthless.
I don't think they realize that's what happened. They lack critical thinking skills.

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Sic, seriously lets walk thru this.

Bush Tax Cuts relate to INCOME TAX RATES.

Social Security is not connected AT ALL to Income Tax Rates.

If we raise Income Tax Rates to 100% for every American and do nothing to the SS tax rate, then SS will still be insolvent.

Thus my analogy. Driving Honda’s has nothing to do with Chinese food. SS solvency has nothing to do with Income Tax Rates.

Back to Boehner. If Boehner were for expiring the BTC (bush tax cuts), we would still have to deal with exactly the same issue in Social Security. There is NO connection between the two.

And I am for privatizing SS. So I am very happy Boehner is for it! Thanks for pointing that out!
Yes, sadly it is people such as yourself that put "Agent Orange Boehner in office. I have nothing else to discuss with you.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
huh?

and yet all the money comes from the same, place....the American people.

how many budgets does the Federal Government have? One for each program? I don't think so.
serously you are telling us you dont know what the Social Security program is?

really?

but you want to have a discussion about it? really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies