Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:27 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times

Advertisements

R.i.p
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 02:29 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Condolences to his family.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:29 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
It's too bad for all those that died.

Lot's of plane crashes in Alaska the past couple of weeks.

Though Stevens was no longer an office-holder, it's remarkable how office-holders die in plane crashes with disproportionate frequency. Just goes to show how much they fly.
Sometimes how much they know .

Old 08-10-2010, 02:31 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
How sad. His first wife also died in a plane crash many years ago.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:34 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Progressives openly cheer and wish it were Sarah Palin who died in the crash.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Its not all progressives, and those idiots are no better than guys back home who I saw pick up a gun when Obama won the white house.

"It won't be long before a good ole' boy takes him out, hehehe"

Old 08-10-2010, 02:40 PM

A few people make a$$es of themselves on Twitter, and you paint all progressives the same way. I'm very saddened by Stevens death, which is tragic, but apparently my progressive opinion doesn't mean much in light of your quest to vilify anybody who doesn't parrot your perspective.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:43 PM

720 posts, read 690,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
One person makes a a$$ of himself on Twitter, and you paint all progressives the same way. I'm very saddened by Stevens death, which is tragic, but apparently my progressive opinion doesn't mean much in light of your quest to vilify anybody who doesn't parrot your perspective.

Um, as a pretty conservative person, I have to agree. Just because some persons, or group of individuals, choose to be idiots doesn't make the rest of them idiots..

Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
It's too bad for all those that died.

Lot's of plane crashes in Alaska the past couple of weeks.

Though Stevens was no longer an office-holder, it's remarkable how office-holders die in plane crashes with disproportionate frequency. Just goes to show how much they fly.
I was just thinking that before I read your post.
Death is sad.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Um, as a pretty conservative person, I have to agree. Just because some persons, or group of individuals, choose to be idiots doesn't make the rest of them idiots..
My spouse and I were just talking about this kind of stuff at lunch. I don't feel like there is any room for polite, rational discussion anymore. Traditional, unbiased journalism has gone the way of the Dodo bird. Where is this generation's Walter Cronkite? Or Dan Rather for that matter? At least when Dan screwed up, he was honest and dignified in admitting his mistake. Now, we have satirists and extremists masquerading as journalists: Stewart with his monologues, Beck with his white board, Breitbart, Maddow, O'Reilly.... None of them have anything to offer other than muckraking. My city newspaper is dying. The public sphere has become a free-for-all with a gazillion different people editorializing and seeking their personal fifteen minutes of fame. Truth by damned, and nobody seems to have the gumption to stand up and demand better.

Well, I'm done with allowing people like the Twitter and City-Data dimwits to degrade others based on their political leanings. If you feel the same, then join me in making it clear that we will not allow you to degrade us as a human beings because we identify with a particular party. And, if you have nothing better to do than to pee on the grave of a public servant regardless of political affiliation before his body is even cold, then I believe you are devoid of human compassion. Enough is enough!

Last edited by formercalifornian; 08-10-2010 at 03:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies