Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 03:44 PM

37,813 posts, read 21,902,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
the unemployment number was 4.4%

After almost 4 years of democratic control, it is now 9.5%.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

the public debt was approximately $8.5 Trillion.

After almost 4 years of democratic control, it is now almost $13 Trillion.

Government - January 2007

the deficit was approximately $161 Billion.

After almost 4 years of democratic control, it is $1.4 Trillion.

http://www.federalbudget.com/HistoricalTables.pdf

gas prices were approximately $2/gallon.

After almost 4 years of democratic control, prices are pushing $3/gallon and during the "crisis" we had 2 years ago, they were above $4/gallon.

Now we know why liberals have never been trusted with the economy.
It is _A L L_ B U S H' S _ F A U L T ! ! !
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 03:45 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,787,915 times
I guess some never tire of finger pointing. Past reflections only need to be perspective of what not to do. (2000+ years ) That's a party-less affiliation. So far, it is still successfully in hiding. And if it doesn't show up, and SOON, we are ALL so very screwed.

People, please STOP dwelling on the problem, and stand up for a SOLUTION.
One bad apple spoils the bunch. There are SO many bad apples, it has rotted the bunch of us.

Is any of this getting through?

My wife and I are a couple of BROKE ASS BEYOTCH'S, anyone care to step up and help us start something REAL?

Didn't think so.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,049,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Then you're profoundly ignorant that the Great Recession was caused by reckless lending practices by financial institutions, securitized mortgages, and a speculative bubble based on these pillars which burst. And you have to be brain-dead to think that these practices weren't encouraged and enabled over a long, three-decade period by so-called fiscal-conservatives who forgot the lessons of the 1920s.
I'm quite familiar with the lending/spending practices of the last 3 decades. But since you brought that up, are you insinuating that these practices rest solely on the shoulders of the GOP? If so, then i'd reconcile that it's you that's "profoundly ignorant" of the current circumstances.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,319,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Which brakes were those? Which far right bills were those?

LMAO- you beat me too it. I'm sure he's googling furiously to find the answer that doesn't exist....

Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM

88,597 posts, read 44,365,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Then you're profoundly ignorant that the Great Recession was caused by reckless lending practices by financial institutions, securitized mortgages, and a speculative bubble based on these pillars which burst. And you have to be brain-dead to think that these practices weren't encouraged and enabled over a long, three-decade period by so-called fiscal-conservatives who forgot the lessons of the 1920s.
From Fannie Mae's former chief credit officer:
RealClearMarkets - How Did Paul Krugman Get It So Wrong on Fannie and Freddie?

Fannie's and Freddie's MASSIVE misrepresentation and securities fraud:
Origins of an American Kleptocracy | zero hedge

...and WHO were Fannie's and Freddie's lapdogs?

YouTube - ‪Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis‬‎

Old 08-10-2010, 03:51 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,819,508 times
The price of gasoline peaked when W was in his last year. This was payback for his buddies in the oil industry. If you believe that I got some oil for you at $140/bbl.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:59 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,774,389 times
There are those things that can be controlled and those that are beyond control. Debt? That can be controlled and should, but neither conservatives nor liberals nor anyone else can bring themselves to do anything realistic. The capitalist cycle? That cannot be controlled by either conservatives or liberals or anyone else. All anyone can do is hold on for the ride.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,820,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Sanrene, I personally believe this is the single most overlooked fact of the last 9.5 years. While most people on the left (and some independents and conservatives) tend to point the finger at GWB, the fact of the matter is that Congress holds the purse strings. There's no denying that Democrats have presided over the worst 4 years since the Jimmy Carter years, if not since the Great Depression.

It's time for the Liberal Left to stand up and acknowledge that the people they put their full trust in has failed this nation miserably.

Who will be the first to stand up acknowledge they screwed up by allowing these people to do the damage they've done?
I have wondered for a long time now WHY the republicans have not pointed out this FACT - that the country hit the skids under democratic control of congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The country took a nosedive when bush and the right had complete control of congress, pumping out far right bills like a machine. Leading to the crash in housing, banks, unemployment, everything. Dems got control of congress when the country was fed up with the bush fascist reign and absolutely slaughtered the republicans at the polls like nothing ever seen before. That's when they put the brakes on. We're still feeling the aftershock of the far right's disaster.
I'm sorry, but the facts and statistics don't agree with you. Are you denying the UE rate was 4.4% when the dems took over? Is the BLS a liar now as well?

Like nothing we've ever seen at the polls? In 1994, the dems lost 53 seats in the house, way more than the republicans did in 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
I guess some never tire of finger pointing. Past reflections only need to be perspective of what not to do.
Please, write a letter to obama, pelosi and reid and tell them to stop the blame game politics, which isn't working, btw.

Every day, at every event, obama is out there blaming Bush for HIS failed policies.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM

58,571 posts, read 26,889,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
The price of gasoline peaked when W was in his last year. This was payback for his buddies in the oil industry. If you believe that I got some oil for you at $140/bbl.
Lefties always Bush's connection with big oil but, never mention Gore's connection to big oil. Why?

Old 08-10-2010, 06:16 PM

29,958 posts, read 18,525,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
the unemployment number was 4.4%

After almost 4 years of democratic control, it is now 9.5%.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

the public debt was approximately $8.5 Trillion.

After almost 4 years of democratic control, it is now almost $13 Trillion.

Government - January 2007

the deficit was approximately $161 Billion.

After almost 4 years of democratic control, it is $1.4 Trillion.

http://www.federalbudget.com/HistoricalTables.pdf

gas prices were approximately $2/gallon.

After almost 4 years of democratic control, prices are pushing $3/gallon and during the "crisis" we had 2 years ago, they were above $4/gallon.

Now we know why liberals have never been trusted with the economy.

Agree 100%. I point this out all the time to the libs. Things were fine until the dems took control of the congress. Congress controls spending, and spend they have.

The dems took a prosperous economy and ruined it. Now "the same guys who put the car into the ditch" want to take that same car, tow it into the woods, and light it on fire.

The democratic congress has been the worst thing fiscally to happen to the US in its history and is completely ignored by the libs who love to "blame Bush". Here is a shocker- the congress controls spending and the dems have been in charge for four years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies