Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 05:26 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
From the party of "more taxes please"
As opposed to the party of "I've got mine and I don't give a damn about anybody else, especially if they don't look like me"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 05:28 PM

37,165 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
"Vitriolic diatribe"? Now why would anyone want to protect the cockroaches of the Tea party?
The only reason I can think of is that it keeps them all together in a group where we can watch them.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:02 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
I dislike the cockroaches of the tea party 'cause in my mind they are not one cent different than any other radical non-main stream group that has an ax to grind with our constitutional form of gov't.

To me they are no different that the aryan nation, the skin heads, the white power group and every other nut job group in America that uses that same constitutional form of gov't to even exist.

I call'em "cockroaches" since they hide their true agenda and use propaganda (read lies) to forward that hidden agenda. These people are afraid to work from within the system so they form these anti-social groups instead.

Now don't waste you breath disagreeing with me since no one can convince me that deep down these cockroaches aren't cowards at heart. This is one group that I dispise for their use of a key point of American history to cloak they cowardice.
Well, first, my breath isn't being wasted. The only truth to your whole thread is in the part I underlined.
I hardly believe you have a clue about the history of America so you are right there, I won't waste my breath.
I'll point out to you your own ignorance with a group you hate (then call haters);

How on earth do you know about a hidden agenda?

Just face it, you are a hater and you hate the Tea Party because you do not understand them. If you did know/understand history you would see that history is playing again.

Read real history; learn about the “sugar tax”, the “Boston Massacre”, learn why there was a revolution in the first place. The Boston Tea Party came only after several other things happened in the 13 Colonies. The Boston Tea Party was the last straw for the people and that is why this group, here in 2008, has started a group under that name. Our government in 2010 is acting the same way the Kings parliament acted.

But for your blind hatred I guess I have wasted my breath/time but if there is a reader out there that is just a little bit more curious about history and chooses to enlighten themselves by learning more then my time was priceless.

Moderator cut: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-14-2010 at 08:20 PM..

Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
As opposed to the party of "I've got mine and I don't give a damn about anybody else, especially if they don't look like me"?
sounds like the teacher and public service employees party to me.you are quite mixed up you one of the above?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:53 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Well, first, my breath isn't being wasted. The only truth to your whole thread is in the part I underlined.
I hardly believe you have a clue about the history of America so you are right there, I won't waste my breath.
I'll point out to you your own ignorance with a group you hate (then call haters);

How on earth do you know about a hidden agenda?

Just face it, you are a hater and you hate the Tea Party because you do not understand them. If you did know/understand history you would see that history is playing again.

Read real history; learn about the “sugar tax”, the “Boston Massacre”, learn why there was a revolution in the first place. The Boston Tea Party came only after several other things happened in the 13 Colonies. The Boston Tea Party was the last straw for the people and that is why this group, here in 2008, has started a group under that name. Our government in 2010 is acting the same way the Kings parliament acted.

But for your blind hatred I guess I have wasted my breath/time but if there is a reader out there that is just a little bit more curious about history and chooses to enlighten themselves by learning more then my time was priceless.

Moderator cut: Please discuss the topic, not each other.
Talk to the hand.....

Old 08-15-2010, 03:18 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
I would put forth a different definition of cowardice. Dependance on the government for every little step of your life is cowardice. A willingness to face the world on your own merit is courageous. The majority of us are not dependant on a lot of what the government gives away, studies, implements, etc. They have their role, and it is an important role, but the government has infringed into every corner of our existence at great cost to us in both finances and liberty. If the federal government will not step back, it is up to us to push them back via any and all legal means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies