Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:47 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,121,924 times

Advertisements

Deezus says
So if a black person of Hispanic looked at the ads in particular and wondered why there weren't more black or Hispanic people in the ads would they be considered "race-obsessed?",
Yet when you do the same thing, it becomes a question of "why everyone else is so race-obsessed..."

Silas777 says.

um...............If a black or hispanic looked around an saw there were only 3 out of 16 people that were not black or hispanic........and wondered why there were not more blacks or hispanics, I would say they either have a short coming in arithmetic or much bigger problems. ?????????????????????/

Stargazzer says.............................................. .................................................. .
You are being very rude to this question. You know what he's pointing out and you decide you can be rude instead.

You MUST have a diminished comprehension .

No wonder everything...
f--ks up all the time, esp with race and emotions.
People like you are an embarrassment to anti racial people like myself and others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 08:50 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,781,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So let's get this straight.....you have an issue when too many non-Whites are being represented/featured/displayed in an ad?

But you wouldn't have an issue if non-Whites were not being represented/featured/displayed in an ad?

So basically you just have an issue with having to look at an ad which displays non-Whites?

And I thought that the Right Wingers were into the free market, capitalism, laissez faire and businesses being able to operate in ways that they see fit to boost their bottom line...but I guess that all goes out the window when some people have to be bothered with looking at those darn "Brown people" in advertisments and the like.
you cant seem to answer the question either.......I love brown people ....I have brown relatives who the hell do you think you are talking to?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:52 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,781,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Deezus says
So if a black person of Hispanic looked at the ads in particular and wondered why there weren't more black or Hispanic people in the ads would they be considered "race-obsessed?",
Yet when you do the same thing, it becomes a question of "why everyone else is so race-obsessed..."

Silas777 says.

um...............If a black or hispanic looked around an saw there were only 3 out of 16 people that were not black or hispanic........and wondered why there were not more blacks or hispanics, I would say they either have a short coming in arithmetic or much bigger problems. ?????????????????????/

Stargazzer says.............................................. .................................................. .
You are being very rude to this question. You know what he's pointing out and you decide you can be rude instead.

You MUST have a diminished comprehension .

No wonder everything...
f--ks up all the time, esp with race and emotions.
People like you are an embarrassment to anti racial people like myself and others.
are you kidding me ........hows about what the op is pointing out .

Old 08-11-2010, 09:00 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,780,665 times
Never.

As long as the politicians and the blabber-mouthed mindless media continue get traction out of the race card....it will continue to get used......

Old 08-11-2010, 09:02 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,121,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
So if a black person of Hispanic looked at the ads in particular and wondered why there weren't more black or Hispanic people in the ads would they be considered "race-obsessed?"

I will attempt to answer with respect for interesting question.

Yes , I think what were observing is the "usual" in general advertising.

The usual is typically a greater amount of white models compared to black or Hispanic. Thats all.
If for the past 75 years advertising was a complete and perfect mixture of race, there would be no issue to re-act with surprise. Does that make sense ?

Its more or less a reaction to whats expected in advertising "models" not a statement with overtones of preference or racial attitudes.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:06 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,899,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
If you need it explained, you won't get it anyway.
That's a cheap cop out of a non answer. You said that Sarah Palin is making a pile of money off of race. I'm interested in hearing what makes you believe that. Please explain to us, how is she making money off race, racism, or racial issues?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,403,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So let's get this straight.....you have an issue when too many non-Whites are being represented/featured/displayed in an ad?

But you wouldn't have an issue if non-Whites were not being represented/featured/displayed in an ad?

So basically you just have an issue with having to look at an ad which displays non-Whites?

And I thought that the Right Wingers were into the free market, capitalism, laissez faire and businesses being able to operate in ways that they see fit to boost their bottom line...but I guess that all goes out the window when some people have to be bothered with looking at those darn "Brown people" in advertisments and the like.
For the most part, humans are all a shade of brown. In other words, we're all brown people.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:08 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,403,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You are right why does any of that matter? Obviously it does for what ever reason or it wouldn't be so lopsided to actual demographics, so you are asking the exact question I am. Some one please explain the difference between Asians and orientals.
I don't think there is a difference. Asians (East Asians to be more precise) are called oriental because they live in the Orient (the Eastern World).

In contrast, Europeans and people of European descent are called occidental because because they are Westerners. The Western world is called the Occident.

However, I was just asking why the original poster referred to Asians as oriental because that term is near obsolete. You never hear people refer to Europeans and people of European descent as occidental either. Usually, they're just called white people.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:27 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,195,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsykes View Post
where normal people see an advertisement, you see an insidious racial scheme against white people in the name of political correctness. That you would even perceive it in such a way and even allow yourself to be bothered by it so much that you would want to create a thread about it is indicative of a particularly strong personal commitment to self-victimization and racial paranoia. Next time you're in that store, do yourself a favor and check out the coverage maps and new phone displays instead.
+1000

Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,195,117 times
This is a pathetic thread. There are many interesting topics that can be discussed re: race relations......this is not one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies