Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:07 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
US Pledges Additional $25 Million for Pakistan Flood Victims
US Pledges Additional $25 Million for Pakistan Flood Victims - HispanicBusiness.com
ridiculous! Let;s see if any other countries, particularly the muslims step up and offer anything. screw those countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 09:10 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEGOOD View Post
Well it is sad to see how many Americans still lost their homes, still struggle to find a job, no Health Care to unfortunate citizens and yet the government would have the money to give away to Parkistan when we know these people not even appreciate and thankful for the generous help

It is always great to help others when they are in need, however, the government seems to forget the people who lives in the USA and some are less fortunate than others, should they not be looking after first?

Sure especially after the happy dancing in the streets of Pakisthan after 911,why not !

Old 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
What !!!!! do you have any idea what the muslism have done to India ? Do you know how many they have killed and how many beautiful temples and other anciante relics they destroyed when they invaded India ?

No way should they give them a dime .
Actually, other than the Hindu right wing extremists and the politically motivated Islamists, Indian society got a chance to grow up to live in much harmony between the two religions a few hundred years ago. The extent of this is so deep that at times it is impossible to distinguish where one culture ends and the other begins (except religion, of course). Same with language... Urdu, an Indo-Persian language is written like Arabic and spoken like Hindi (and happens to be the national language of Pakistan).

The problem isn't that. The problem is contemporary politics, aggravated during the cold war. Just know that Nixon supported Pakistani oppression and genocide of East Pakistani, which basically started the decline of democracy in Pakistan, and turned India from a potential friend of ours to a foe, as we continued to arm Pakistan against it. India found a friend in the Soviets. As for East Pakistanis... well, India won the war after Pakistan invaded, and the land was free... Bangladesh was born. Also note that India's Muslim population is about as big as Pakistan's (and third in the world, Indonesia being at top).

Having given a bit of history, India wouldn't be welcome to assist on a large scale. Even if India's liberal governance offered, it would be political suicide for an already weak Pakistani government to accept it. Their votes usually come from showing hostility against India. Likewise, if Indian (Hindu) right wing party were in power, no offer would even be conceivable. Both sides would be operating on same grounds.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:09 PM

125 posts, read 213,013 times
I can already hear all of the insults and hateful comments coming from this comment,but, I am tired of the United States being Big Brother to the world!
Where is it written in stone that we have to jump right in and pay to help this or that country just because they have a flood?
When Katrina hit,(I was not in or around New Orleans at the time), I did not see all of the countries that we send Billions, ( with a B), of dollars to help those people.
I am not in favor of isolationism but I was brought up to clean your own backyard FIRST!
Here we are, in debt to the tune of TRILLIONS,(with a T), and we still have to take care of the rest of the world?
If we keep shelling out money to every nation that has this or that emergency, eventually we will be broke, ( not to far from it now), and I GUARENTEE that every nation that we have helped in the past, without getting repaid, will NOT be beating down our doors to help us.
Ok people let me hear all of the Bigot, racist,isolationist ect, get it out of your system. I still stand by what I think!!

Old 08-17-2010, 03:23 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
We were the biggest donors of aid to the countries ravaged by the tsunami in 2005. We are always the largest care package on the planet whenever disasters hit, just to be ridiculed and hated by them after the help is no longer needed.

With that, no matter what anyone thinks, we will more than likely be the largest care package to Paskistan when all is said and done. It is our nature to help those in need no matter what our condition is. That's what makes us who we are.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:35 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
We were the biggest donors of aid to the countries ravaged by the tsunami in 2005. We are always the largest care package on the planet whenever disasters hit, just to be ridiculed and hated by them after the help is no longer needed.

With that, no matter what anyone thinks, we will more than likely be the largest care package to Paskistan when all is said and done. It is our nature to help those in need no matter what our condition is. That's what makes us who we are.
Perhaps it is time to redefine what makes America. Pakistan has some very wealth people living there that do not pay taxes to help the poor like we do, so let them pay and like Rusia....we are going to keep our wheat.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:36 PM

183 posts, read 168,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Have you not been following the news lately? 99+ weeks of unemployment, mortgage assistance, etc..etc.
So true! We are BROKE! We can't save the world.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:37 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
....I thought the middle eastern countries and China (always helping Pakistan to counter India-Russia influence) should be the ones helping out much more.

Pakistan has always played the West better than most. A couple of days ago - after the floods started - their ISI finally took India off the #1 threat list and ceded that position to internal terrorists. This is the same ISI, who helped train Mumbai terrorists. The move to declare internal terrorism as #1 threat is seen by some as a way to gain get more $s from the West who may do this to avoid the people there not become even more anti-Western.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:43 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
The US reptiles want so badly to weasel their way into Pakistan. Flood troubles : entirely separate matter. Charity is charity. No strings attached. Period ! Winning hearts and minds = telling Pakistanis what to do, and controlling them the American way. That isn't a good thing. Why should they strive to be like the US with our deep debt, and neurotic population ?

Old 08-17-2010, 04:16 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
No. The United States should not be everybody's piggy bank. Let them take care of themselves. As proven before with other countries, such largesse does not make those people "like" us. We have plenty in our own country that need the help right now.
lool.... like a 13 trillion dollar dept.and a lot of unemployment,and a bunch mexicans crossing our borders everyday dropping anchore babies all over the place.

i say we bail the hell out of there with our tail between our legs..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies