Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:41 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Was it revealed how many openings those 30,000 were lining up for? If there were only 300, each applicant had only a 1% chance of getting selected. Why the excitement?
There were 13k applications to go on the waiting lists, and the reports also said MANY who were there were accompanying those waiting for the applications, so it's not like ALL 30k were there for applications anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
While in a "logical" working world I fully agree with this post and I'm taking the next comment a bit to the ultimate extreme, we seem to be evolving into a world where $8/hour (or the inflationary equivalent down the line) is becoming a typical wage for your whole career for a significant number of people (you yourself Malamute indirectly say this all the time with your mostly legitimate complaints about offshoring, etc.). Should they NEVER have children? That's part of the problem.....
Not until we overthrow the globalists who are making out like bandits by all this. We're allowing them to destroy us - but if we continue to allow it, then we'll end up like a third world nation and just breeding more poverty.

It's partly our own fault. We're glad to have the cheap foreign made products and cheap labor to build us the cheap housing and be our cheap servants. Even the unemployed can be found at their local Walmart happily filling their carts to further widen the trade deficits and make the super-globalists extremely wealthy.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM

107 posts, read 151,513 times
I don't think the welfare recipients should never have kids but lets be fair. Two is more than enough. China is allowed one. How can I say that...well I'm a taxpayer. My family has also been unemployed and the intelligent thing to do is to stop reproducing past the point of ability to support your family.

I think mandatory birthcontrol. Maybe fathers DNA tested positive having vasectomies past two kids. Maybe we as a society need to say enough is enough. America can take care of our children if were responsible. But some parents unwilling or unable to financially, emotionally etc. take care of their kids need help in the birth control area.

We are all paying the price for the excesses, and most inexcusable the system. The foster system, the prison, the education system. Just because Americans have the right to do something doesn't mean it's the best decision for society. Also, where are the tax payers rights.

I have three kids, my husband works and supports them all. What to do with the kids already born...nothing obviously. But it's time we were proactive. If you can't support one kid, two won't make it easier, nor will three. This is third grade math. (I'm sorry I meant if you weren't a welfare recipient it wouldn't be easier).

Old 08-13-2010, 04:38 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Serendipity, absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies