Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:42 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,123,782 times

Advertisements

Whether it's the 9/11 "truthers", or the so-called "birthers" Conspiracy theories have a life of their own, sometimes with tragic consequences.

The Paranoid Style: Conspiracy Theories Gain Traction

Mark Potok: The Paranoid Style: Conspiracy Theories Gain Traction

In West Memphis, Ark., a man and his son shoot two police officers to death after being pulled over. In Washington, D.C., one man murders a guard at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, while a year later another badly wounds two Pentagon police officers. In Austin, Texas, a man commits suicide by flying his small airplane into an IRS building, setting off an inferno and killing an employee. In Pittsburgh, a man murders three police officers called to his house.

What do these men have in common? What could have motivated them to murder, often dying themselves in the bargain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 01:51 PM

140 posts, read 129,122 times
In a country with hundreds of millions we have a few people who go off, but blame the white man and racism, but dont say anything about crime committed by others, that's racist.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:06 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,527,239 times
"In each case, they were motivated by conspiracy theories"

There has always been and always be nut cases to try and
group them into a 'Conspiracy' is something only the
Huffington Post and the Southern Poverty Law Center
can TRY to explain

Hold people accountable for their actions and enforce
the laws that we already have, it seems to work with
the death penalty

Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,527,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrome View Post
In a country with hundreds of millions we have a few people who go off, but blame the white man and racism, but dont say anything about crime committed by others, that's racist.
Yeah

I'm not surprised that the Fort Hood 'Conspiracy' was not
brought into focus especially seeing that it's more of a current
case

Old 08-12-2010, 02:11 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,897,479 times
Sorry for all the mistakes

Conspiracy ? So you think things are all out in the open and everyone is honest and above board ?

I think from what I've read plus using the evidence and my common sense that we re all being ruled by an evil force of people , not just zionist, islam,christian,masons or all the other groups blamed, but all of these groups have a ceetain number of demons who want to rule over the rest of us .

IMO, it seems, note I said 'seems . That we have world leaders who each have a member from their nation known as the elite . They run things and have for many years but never could put thier plans into action ,until now .

They are not christian,muslim,jewish or hindu they may or may not even be from this planet . Only a naive person could think we are the brightest bulb in the univesers .

Pol Pots , Stalans , Germans and others evil dictators never enslaved their people without their permission ,the people helped with thier silence . We all know someting is terribly wrong ,yet we keep thinking if we ignore it it will go away .

I don't know just my theory .

Last edited by Pappy&Me; 08-12-2010 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: too many mistakes

Old 08-12-2010, 02:13 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,841,412 times
HRmmmm......

Old 08-12-2010, 02:18 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,204,955 times
I believe conspiracy theory types have a mild mental illness that causes them to have a need to see the world a certain way where they are in on some big secret about how they are being oppressed but everyone else is is sheeple or asleep or whatever nifty word they want to use to describe the overwhelming majority that don't suffer from their same psychological issues. It really doesn't even matter what the conspiracy is, usually someone who believes one also believes dozens more that aren't even related. Try it, next time someone in here talks about a conspiracy go look at their post history you are very likely to discover they are into all of 'em.

It's cutest when a bunch of 'em are in a thread together like the other day posting links to conspiracy sites back and forth with congratulations of "nice research!" flowing around. They definitely feed off each other's enthusiasm.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:23 PM

Also = I suspect (don't know, just throwing this out) that most conspiracy theory types are losers, in the sense that they aren't doing as well financially/socially/etc. so it's an easy crutch to lean on as the root of their problems instead of themselves.

Someone should do a thesis on this ****.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:52 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,897,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I believe conspiracy theory types have a mild mental illness that causes them to have a need to see the world a certain way where they are in on some big secret about how they are being oppressed but everyone else is is sheeple or asleep or whatever nifty word they want to use to describe the overwhelming majority that don't suffer from their same psychological issues. It really doesn't even matter what the conspiracy is, usually someone who believes one also believes dozens more that aren't even related. Try it, next time someone in here talks about a conspiracy go look at their post history you are very likely to discover they are into all of 'em.

It's cutest when a bunch of 'em are in a thread together like the other day posting links to conspiracy sites back and forth with congratulations of "nice research!" flowing around. They definitely feed off each other's enthusiasm.

Hummm....this sounds like a conspiracy against some others here .

Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Hummm....this sounds like a conspiracy against some others here .
Yeah, it's a big secret that nobody else recognizes that I'm trying to expose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies