Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 AM

4 posts, read 1,925 times

Advertisements

Didn't it seem like Dr. Laura enjoyed using the word a little too much? I get the impression that she has been wanting to say it along time and finally had the opportunity. It was some sort of release. Same goes for her defendants.

They are like, "yes, finally a white person has said it, high five man!"

Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
SO..answer me this people. In every page of this thread, the "n-word" is never actually spelled out, it is never actually used by either side of the debate. BUT BUT..The above comment..No where do I see aterisks or blanks for the other side? Why is that? It's okay to write out what labels people give to the "white" group, but not the other way around..Again, ignorant hypocrisy!
Oh I agree completely and you bring up a point that supports what I'm saying.

But the problem lies in this. Most people here knowEveryone that Administration will immediately slap any user with a temporary ban or permanent ban, if we type out the word.

We've been through this before. No use in debating it with the Mods/Administration. They have their rules. And as hypocritical as it is, those of us who want to continue to participate in these discussions and debates; simply find different ways to illustrate the word.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:01 AM

720 posts, read 690,947 times
Now it's okay because it's about similarity..Very bad excuse...Tell me again why we filter the "n-word" and not other racially targeted names? I am not challenging the rules of this place, I am merely stating that it is done everywhere, not just here. The "n-word" is always filtered, but "honky and cracker are not. They are all racially motivated names, so ...

Old 08-18-2010, 09:07 AM

4 posts, read 1,925 times
Quote:
Now it's okay because it's about similarity..Very bad excuse...Tell me again why we filter the "n-word" and not other racially targeted names? I am not challenging the rules of this place, I am merely stating that it is done everywhere, not just here. The "n-word" is always filtered, but "honky and cracker are not. They are all racially motivated names, so ...

If the n word implied someone who owns people and land, I doubt it would be filtered. I don'tk now about you, but I could think of worse insulsts than calling me a a rich land owner who owned people at one time.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchayourself View Post

If the n word implied someone who owns people and land, I doubt it would be filtered. I don'tk now about you, but I could think of worse insulsts than calling me a a rich land owner who owned people at one time.
and yet the hypocrisy continues...

Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchayourself View Post
Comedian Louis CK "I love being White, you can't even insult me, what's the worst thing you can call me, a cracker? Ohhh, takes me back to a time when I owned people and land. I'm hurt"

Oh yeah, I remember that. Well, that changes everything

Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but you can't convince me that white people are offended if/when called a honky or cracker. If, anything it would probably be amusing.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
did you pay attention in history class?
slavery broke black people. black ppl *still* haven't recovered mentally from slavery x jim crow x the aftermath of it.

there's a reason that black on black crime, black unemployment, the dropout rate among black people, etc. etc. is so high.

black people (generalization) in this country don't really have self worth. when you don't have self worth its easy to denigrate your own people.
Thats a new one, slavery is the cause of black on black crime

Old 08-18-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm sorry, but you can't convince me that white people are offended if/when called a honky or cracker. If, anything it would probably be amusing.
and yet the hypocrisy continues...By your standard any white person should not or could not be offended, but the black have more than enough reason to be offended.. Well hear this, I was not alive during the awful slave times, so I AM OFFENDED!

I guess, that won't go over and I will get to hear how stupid it is to be offended and how I should just shut up and respect the black persons right to degrade themselves and other races alll because their ancestors were slaves right?

Whatever Racially derogatory names for any race should not be used by anyone and making excuses only furthers the issue and problem with people.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
How am I "wrong on every level"? Are there not people on this very thread who are saying that if it's okay for blacks to use it, whites should also have the "freedom of speech" to do the same?

And again, WHO CARES IF BLACK "ENTERTAINERS" USE THE WORDS? Can you really not see how, with the history of black slavery in America....a time when blacks were not even considered human and were referred to as n ggers, blacks would find whites' use of the word offensive today? IndenturedServant explained it very well (if you even bothered to read his post and truly think about it)....a black person calling me a n gger isn't automatically offensive, because it's more about a similarity (I'm a n gger and so are you), vs. a white person saying it (You're a n gger....but I'm not n gger). Do you not see how the dynamics of the word changes when the speaker is white vs. black..........freedom of speech BS aside, do you not see it? I just don't get why this is not clear as day. Hispanic/Latino people were/are called sp cs.....I would NEVER use that term towards that group of people...Yes, they may call each other that.....but why would I want to use such a hate-filled word?

It's even ridiculous that whites are arguing for the "freedom" to say n gger....those that want to, do it anyway.
Read my original post in this thread. The answers to all your questions are answered there. And despite what you claim, you are perpetrating a double-standard based in racism.

And anyone in this thread, who is sincerely and honestly "fighting for the right to use the word " is an idiot. But I don't believe that's what they truely mean. I think they are trying to illustrate a point by saying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies