Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Sorry. No offense. But you really are not keeping up with what I and justanothermanger are saying. You completely miss or elude the theme, spirit and concept of what we are saying; for what you want it to be about.

You can repeat the same nonsesne a hundred times and make the same absurd accusations 100 times. But you still fail to comprehend or address exactly what we are saying.

I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or if you're just not willing to truely read and understand.

Oh and for the record......I'm not white.

I am roughly 90% Portuguese, with a mixture of Irish, Scots, German and an african american in our gene tree.....many years ago.

So primarily, I am Portuguese which is considered hispanic.
It's interesting how you say I'm failing to "get it", yet you really provide no complex reasoning for your position. As I'm getting it so wrong, what exactly is your position? (and no, I don't plan to read through 40 pages to find it....)

Old 08-18-2010, 11:26 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
Then why isn't the NAACP or another one of your organizations boycotting HBO for those vile comedians or radio stations that play songs with that word in it?

Why?
The NAACP has it's priorities, like Legalizing Marijuana.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM

720 posts, read 691,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It's interesting how you say I'm failing to "get it", yet you really provide no complex reasoning for your position. As I'm getting it so wrong, what exactly is your position? (and no, I don't plan to read through 40 pages to find it....)
Which is exactly why we are not going to repeat it, if you want to know, read..Thus far, it's like talking to a wall..You refuse to give any credibility to anything we have been saying, yet excuse others that use the word..

Useless..

Old 08-18-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I hate to quote myself. But maybe this will help ChocLot get a better grip on what I'm saying, here.

Although I doubt it.
How would this post help me understand your position on the “n” word? This, instead, talks about how whites who were/are anti-slavery are offended by the word cracker…I get that and I can see why being associated with those whose ideals you are against would be insulting. Yes, I can understand how some whites won’t like the word cracker because it aligns them with past racist whites.

Now tell me again, what is your position is on the “n” word….because, despite what you may believe, this post doesn’t tell me much.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
and I'm still puzzled you can't see past the "why do white people want to use the word"...My argument has nothing to do with that...Go back and read my posts..

Fail, well considering I only failed in hypocrisies eyes, I am doing pretty good!
I don't plan to go back and read every single one of your posts to try to magically know what you're thinking. How about just stating it now for clarity's sake?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclot View Post
how would this post help me understand your position on the “n” word? This, instead, talks about how whites who were/are anti-slavery are offended by the word cracker…i get that and i can see why being associated with those whose ideals you are against would be insulting. Yes, i can understand how some whites won’t like the word cracker because it aligns them with past racist whites.

now tell me again, what is your position is on the “n” word….because, despite what you may believe, this post doesn’t tell me much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclot

i'm sorry, but you can't convince me that white people are offended if/when called a honky or cracker. If, anything it would probably be amusing.
What was that again?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Your in laws use it around family,Blacks use it EVERYWHERE with a much greater frequency even among others they barely know. And I've worked in many places where it is commonly used amongst themselves. Granted more upwardly Professional Blacks don't use it that much. But growing up in S. California (S. Bay area) It's used in Junior and Senior High,parties out in Public and elsewhere.BTW My father's side is from S. Italy and all through the years I have seldom heard Italian slurs used and definitely not in the context and frequency as the "N word".
The poster stated:
Quote:
Italian Americans and others, at times, refer to themselves using slurs. However, that doesn't make it acceptable for outsiders to use the same terms.
Where does it state that it is only around family? And you say blacks use it everywhere, but then add on that It's used in Junior and Senior High,parties out in Public and elsewhere....... so your opinions are based on the oh so insightful juvenile crowd? Oh, boy.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I know. It's unbelievable.

Yet, she's making a broad stereotypical comment about white people wanting to use the word

I mean, seriously. This is getting ridiculous.
I don't believe that *all* white people want to use the word. Just can't understand the logic behind those that argue for the freedom to do so. Can you not see the difference?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
The poster stated:

Where does it state that it is only around family? And you say blacks use it everywhere, but then add on that It's used in Junior and Senior High,parties out in Public and elsewhere....... so your opinions are based on the oh so insightful juvenile crowd? Oh, boy.
Ah yes, quite like the previous posters, now comes the personal attacks on opinions.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I don't believe that *all* white people want to use the word. Just can't understand the logic behind those that argue for the freedom to do so. Can you not see the difference?
We are not arguing for the freedom to say it, we are pointing out the double standard, that only furthers the racial issues of this country. Lead by the crowd that uses the word...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies