Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 12:08 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
And, again, show us all where anyone said they wanted to go out and say that word?

I don't recall anyone saying that they did.
sure. i'm sure that you've read posts other than choclot's in this thread. cut the selective memory bull.

Quote:
Like justanothermanger said, we're simply pointing out the hypocrisy and double standard.
as has been stated ad nauseum, the so called double standard exists for a reason. google it.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
And, again, show us all where anyone said they wanted to go out and say that word?

Like justanothermanger said, we're simply pointing out the hypocrisy and double standard.
You are pointing out the double standard amongst some.

The main point that you are not getting is that just because some Black people still use the N word, it does not mean that ALL Black people deem that word acceptable to be used by anyone.

Those of us who oppose the N word can not make other Black people stop using or anyone else from using it for that matter. All we can do is educate and hope for the best.

The fact that so many Whites use the fact that some Blacks still use the N word with each other as an excuse to use themselves is quite sad.

Why is this so hard to understand? Or is simply a convenient justification for Whites who would use the N word any way?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:15 PM

331 posts, read 498,611 times
Well, maybe if we whites had treated the blacks a little more humanely about 300-400 years ago, we wouldn't be in so much hot water with them.

And just imagine how much more trouble Dr. Laura would be in if she were a political conservative!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:18 PM

472 posts, read 854,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You are pointing out the double standard amongst some.

The main point that you are not getting is that just because some Black people still use the N word, it does not mean that ALL Black people deem that word acceptable to be used by anyone.

Those of us who oppose the N word can not make other Black people stop using or anyone else from using it for that matter. All we can do is educate and hope for the best.

The fact that so many Whites use the fact that some Blacks still use the N word with each other as an excuse to use themselves is quite sad.

Why is this so hard to understand? Or is simply a convenient justification for Whites who would use the N word any way?

That's BS. If black people can get this bent out of shape about a white woman using the word within the context she was (which was not meant to be a harmful way), then black people can create the same uproar when it comes from a member of their same race. Or do they?

Funny I don't see that on the news....

And stop already with your racist assumptions that white people want to use the word.
That's right, I said it. Racist.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 PM

472 posts, read 854,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
sure. i'm sure that you've read posts other than choclot's in this thread. cut the selective memory bull.

as has been stated ad nauseum, the so called double standard exists for a reason. google it.
Well, it is a little hard to remember 47 pages of individual posts, but if you would like to copy and paste, or perhaps, LINK, I will glady debate with you further.

Just because double standards exist doesn't mean they should. Double standard = hypocrite. No matter what color you are.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:22 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
read the posts in this thread. many people on the other side of the debate are arguing for "the right" and "the freedom" to use said word.
No, most people are pointing out the hypocrisy of the media, the NAACP, the Ultra-PC Facists/Liberal Extremists and people in this thread.

1) Based on the fact that they all go on the attack and condemn every white person who say the word. Meanwhile, Blacks (and other races) routinely spit out equally racist slurs towards White People, as well as using the N-Word towards themselves.

1a) And the media, the NAACP, the Ultra-PC Facists/Liberal Extremists barely utter a peep. Or no peep at all. And when it rarely becomes "news" media, the NAACP, the Ultra-PC Facists/Liberal Extremists apoplogists bend themselves into pretzels to justify and excuse verbal (and even sometimes, physical ) racist attacks on White People.

2) My main point here has been that no racism should be tolerated. That it is racist to excuse one group and condemn another. If you want true equality (not special treatment and discriminatory policies and attitudes), then, address racism from all sides and towards all sides.

3) Otherwise, you are an apologist and enabler of the vicous cycle of racism and the cycle will continue to go around and come back around.

America needs to evolve and get past this ignorance or racism and discrimination. We need to unite as an American People, NOT as divided races. We are being divided by certain hateful groups (on both sides ) and they want to keep us divided and hateful towards each other.

Good people are good people. Skin color and culture matters nothing. We all bleed, think, feel and love our children, families and friends.

Stop letting these hateful groups divide us all.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
you are white.

portugese people are overwhelmingly white. hispanic = spanish speaking which you are not.

hispanic is also not a race. there are many white hispanics. see spain, argentina, uruguay, etc.

Oh really. Thanks

That's funny, because both white kids and black kids called me a 'S**c" at different times, when I was kid. Where were you to set them straight? lol

Portuguese [ˌpɔːtjʊˈgiːz]
n
1. (Linguistics / Languages) the official language of Portugal, its overseas territories, and Brazil: the native language of approximately 110 million people. It belongs to the Romance group of the Indo-European family and is derived from the Galician dialect of Vulgar Latin
2. (Social Science / Peoples) pl -guese a native, citizen, or inhabitant of Portugal

galicia - a region (and former kingdom) in northwestern Spain on the Atlantic and the Bay of Biscay
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

nonclassical Latin dialects spoken in the Roman Empire; source of Romance languages
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Vulgar Latin (in Renaissance Latin, vulgare Latinum or Latinum vulgare) was the nonstandard form of the Latin language; because of its nonstandard nature, it had no official orthography, and only Classical Latin was used in writing. It is sometimes called colloquial Latin.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:42 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Unfortunately for you, none of us still left in the tread have been fighting for the right to insult someone by calling them the N-Word.

So you're just jumping on the bandwagon of ChocLot's inability to comprehend.
Interesting how you bring me up, yet you've failed to provide any credible argument. I've stated that some posters:

-have argued for the freedom of speech to use the "n" word
-have supported their right to use the "n" word because black entertainers/rappers, etc use the word
-say that if blacks don't want to be called n*ggers, they shouldn't use the word

All of my stances have been shot down....so what exactly *is* your position? Or will you, like others, continue to duck the direct question?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:

Seems to me people are saying "Black people use the word.....why aren't white people allowed. It's a double standard to say one group can use it, but be offended if another group does. And my point is: WHY DO YOU CARE IF *SOME* BLACK PEOPLE SAY N*GGER? If you know that it offends many to use it yourself, just don't use it. Wow.....some people! Who cares if it's a double standard? Is this a phenomenon that is exclusive to blacks and the "n" word? Some people need to get over their obsession.........it's probably *never* going to be acceptable for whites to use the "n" word in a public setting. But don't worry...there's always home.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Interesting how you bring me up, yet you've failed to provide any credible argument. I've stated that some posters:

-have argued for the freedom of speech to use the "n" word
-have supported their right to use the "n" word because black entertainers/rappers, etc use the word
-say that if blacks don't want to be called n*ggers, they shouldn't use the word

All of my stances have been shot down....so what exactly *is* your position? Or will you, like others, continue to duck the direct question?
See Post# 476
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies