Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think I would prefer to rely on the Defense Dept for decisions like this, not political pundits.
The defense department works for a politician so they are hardly unbiased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 12:17 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
BUT YOU PROMISED YOU'D BE NICE TO ME!!!!! YOU PROMISED IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME!!! What a Dope!! What a Marooon!!

YouTube - Burger time for Obama and Medvedev

YouTube - Obama Talks Russia, Nukes at News Conference

Quote:
The rifts are all HEALED NOW!!!

FOXNews.com - Russia's Nuclear Help to Iran Stirs Questions About Its 'Improved' Relations With U.S.

Russia's announcement that it will help Iran get nuclear fuel, defying U.S. calls to hold off until Iran proves it's not developing nuclear weapons, raises concerns about what Obama calls the 'better-than- ever' relationship between Russia and the U.S.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:23 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times

Afghan Mi 35 Attack Helicopters - YouTube
well they got six hind attack choppers

Old 09-01-2011, 12:04 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
I guess Russia now made a movie about their time there

Mujahideen Massive Attack (4of4) - YouTube
I don't understand Russian but maybe we should not trained Mujahideen as well as we did
The movie looks pretty decent since the soviets fall apart right when the Stinger Missiles Fired and Took Their Air Cover Down.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
World leaders LOVE Barack Obama. Can anyone take a guess why?

It starts with a W and ends with a K. And an E and an A are somewhere in between.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Obama = Russia helps Iran go Nuclear
Yeah, so?

You (and the UK) were in Iran for 60 years.

Why didn't you invest money in Iran's infrastructure, build a desalinization plant and bring irrigation to the Iranian Plateau?

You had 60 freaking years to do that.

Let's see, Iran's twin-reactors (originally built by Siemens) will power desalinization plants on the coast, and that is bad how?

And the water will be channeled along with electrical power to the Iranian Plateau, and that is bad how?

And so Iran will begin to develop agriculture on the Iranian Plateau and become and net-exporter of food, which will increase food supply world-wide and help reduce food prices caused by the current Cost Inflation you're experiencing, and that is bad how?

And it will create jobs and help decrease Iran's 20+% perennial unemployment rate, and that is bad how?

Decreasing the unemployment rate will allow the government to shift social welfare spending to other areas of social welfare spending and create a stable socio-economic and political environment, and that is bad how?

And Iran will be able to retire its oil and natural gas fired power plants and divert more oil and natural gas to the world supply of oil and natural gas, and that is bad how?

Iran would also be able to develop its petro-chemical industries. I can see where that would be bad for you, since that would create competition and result in the loss of at least some US jobs in the petro-chemical industry.

I guess 4 out of 5 positive things for you isn't all that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies