Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,796,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
There's a mosque inside the community center.

Just like there's a synogauge inside of the jewish community center down the street from myself.

Again:

Prove that it was originally intended to be a mosque and nothing else.
So you reject the article from the Muslim Observer titling it the Cordoba Mosque? You want more?

Here is another suggestion by an Islamic studies expert from the University of Wisconson about what he thinks should be done at Ground Zero:

http://muslimmedianetwork.com/mmn/?p=6682

Mega Mosque?

August 12, 2010 by TMO

Islamic Studies Expert: U.S. Should Apologize to Muslims, Build Mega-Mosque AT Ground Zero…at Taxpayer Expense!

The U.S. should offer repentance and reparations for its crimes against Muslims, Dr. Barrett asserts, by covering the entire World Trade Center site with what would, if built, become the world’s tallest mosque. “The new mosque should cover the entire World Trade Center property, and should feature twin minarets at least 700 feet tall,” Barrett says. (Currently the world’s tallest minaret is the 689 feet tower at the Grand Mosque of Casablanca, Morocco.) Barrett adds that the Ground Zero mega-mosque should be built at taxpayer expense.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:33 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,017,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So you reject the article from the Muslim Observer titling it the Cordoba Mosque? You want more?

Here is another suggestion by an Islamic studies expert from the University of Wisconson about what he thinks should be done at Ground Zero:

http://muslimmedianetwork.com/mmn/?p=6682

Mega Mosque?

August 12, 2010 by TMO

Islamic Studies Expert: U.S. Should Apologize to Muslims, Build Mega-Mosque AT Ground Zero…at Taxpayer Expense!

The U.S. should offer repentance and reparations for its crimes against Muslims, Dr. Barrett asserts, by covering the entire World Trade Center site with what would, if built, become the world’s tallest mosque. “The new mosque should cover the entire World Trade Center property, and should feature twin minarets at least 700 feet tall,” Barrett says. (Currently the world’s tallest minaret is the 689 feet tower at the Grand Mosque of Casablanca, Morocco.) Barrett adds that the Ground Zero mega-mosque should be built at taxpayer expense.
That's nice.

Still not proof, however.

GIve me proof, of the original creator's intentions, that this was meant to be a mosque and nothing else.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,932,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Like he said, the US is not a Christian nation.
And he was right .. we ARE a nation of many beliefs and religions ALL equal to worship in this great nation..
I dont understand why so many are trying to deny that mosque a right to be built in a seedy slimy side of town .. its 2 blocks from ground zero .. theres nothing there but strip clubs and bars and you act like thats better than the mosque? thats dumb .. the mosque would likely bring some peace and some clean to the blited area ..
One of our foundations was the right to worship .. as we choose .. free from others ideas of which was the right religion ..

Who else would be denied a right to build a church/ comminuity hall in that area .. You can bet they wouldnt let anyone else if it didnt conform to "Xtian Americas" sense of the "right religion" I think the mosque is a good idea there .. the bars the hookers and the other unwashed unwanted will either clean up or move on ..

Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,607,095 times
A question for those who oppose the Mosque near Ground Zero. Do you also think that the names of any Muslim, who died on 9/11 in the Towers (yes there were), be taken off any list or memorial to those who died on that day? Would putting their names on a memorial also be an affront to the other victims, much the same as the argument against a Mosque?

I am just curious how those opposed to the Mosque will rationalize or eliminate these people.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,248,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Nevermind that Bush allowed 13 of Osama bin Laden's family members to leave the U.S. on a chartered flight on September 19, 2001 (before air travel restrictions were lifted) and exploted the deaths of thousands of Americans to persue particular items in his administration's agenda.
why are you making statements that have been long debunked.

the bin ladens have disowned osama since the 1990's . they have nothing to do with Osama and haven't done so for nearly 20 years

snopes.com: Flights of Fancy

as for the ban, It was lifted 2 days later (11+2 = 13)

9/13/01 At 11 AM the FAA allows airports to open and commercial flights to resume on a case-by-case basis.

by 9/14 - 9/21 we had international flights and domestic flight back in service

the bin Laden relatives were flown out on 9/20.

If you can't even get basic information correct, why should anyone take you seriously?

Quote:
If you are going to speak about disrespectful behavior towards the victims of 9/11 from the office of the President, you cannot simply point your finger in one direction.
disrespectful is the fact that you attribute the actions of one man to a family that had long disowned him .

how would you feel if you were blamed for your son's action if he murdered 20 people during a bank robbery.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:53 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,373,231 times
Even Bob Beckel, and other Liberals are at their wits end.

I think all reasonable and logical folks now realize that this adminstration, not Obama as a single person, but the whole administration and legislative branch is abismal.

We have had bad; LBJ, Jimmy Carter, George Bush I and II, but this group? Ugh!
Seems like just about every leftover from Woodstock now have the power with a young lost lad being used as their mouthpiece.

It isn't pretty and only becoming more ugly. What was it the British used to say in time of war. "God Save the Queen" I think we better start with "God save America"

Old 08-16-2010, 08:59 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,797,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Seems like just about every leftover from Woodstock now have the power with a young lost lad being used as their mouthpiece.
That's exactly how I feel about this administration.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:05 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,033,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Obama defends ground zero mosque plans - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

Our moron-in-chief must be going for the Muslim vote this November.
No, The Commander of Chief is upholding and standing by The First Amendment of The Constitution, something that actual morons are too dimwitted to understand. This is only being ramped up by desperate Republican representatives to further prove that they only have fear mongering to offer as a stance on most, if not all issues. I think that it is safe to say that not one of the phonies speaking out so indignantly about this issue, really gives a rat's butt one way or the other.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-16-2010 at 09:44 PM..

Old 08-16-2010, 10:13 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,917,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
And he was right .. we ARE a nation of many beliefs and religions ALL equal to worship in this great nation..
I dont understand why so many are trying to deny that mosque a right to be built in a seedy slimy side of town .. its 2 blocks from ground zero .. theres nothing there but strip clubs and bars and you act like thats better than the mosque? thats dumb .. the mosque would likely bring some peace and some clean to the blited area ..
One of our foundations was the right to worship .. as we choose .. free from others ideas of which was the right religion ..

Who else would be denied a right to build a church/ comminuity hall in that area .. You can bet they wouldnt let anyone else if it didnt conform to "Xtian Americas" sense of the "right religion" I think the mosque is a good idea there .. the bars the hookers and the other unwashed unwanted will either clean up or move on ..
So you were last in New York when, around 20 years ago? Ever?

Because I'm here, and you're wrong.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:14 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,728,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Freedom of Religion-how cute. How come libs and Dems are desperate to promote freedom of religion for Muslims - to the point where the governor of NY offered state land for a new mosque - but absolutely screw Christians into the ground at any mention of religion anywhere, anytime.

And then have the audacity to complain about right wingers...and just how many of them are in the ADL Statement On Islamic Community Center Near Ground Zero
The reason libs complain about right wingers is because they are so hypocritical in their beliefs.
Christians are not 'screwed into the ground', just the people who claim they are Christians and then act in the exact opposite manner than that of their savior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies