Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This has nothing to do with their right to build it. How many times must you be told?

And I'm still waiting to hear why the Left goes to bat for Islam and denigrate Christianity.
Then what is this issue about? I was under the assumption that Al-Qaeda was responsible for 9/11.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:44 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,480 times
Right...and the holocaust never happened. Right? That's what you're saying.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The left doesn't go to bat for Islam and denigrate Christianity. The people supporting this mosque/community center are defending the Constitution. And when Christians try to impose themselves on government institutions and people protest, they are defending the Constitution.
I have never seen the Left so interested in the constitution when it comes to religion. In fact, they are more likely to shred the constitution when it comes to Christianity.

They are indeed going to the mat for Islam.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Right...and the holocaust never happened. Right? That's what you're saying.
WTH does this have to do with anything???

Old 08-17-2010, 09:46 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The left doesn't go to bat for Islam and denigrate Christianity. The people supporting this mosque/community center are defending the Constitution. And when Christians try to impose themselves on government institutions and people protest, they are defending the Constitution.

Did you see the other thread about public schools in MI holding football practice at night so that muslims can practice football during ramadhan?

Did you also see that Dearborn, MI banned pork in the public schools, so that muslims won't mistakenly eat pork?

Yet liberals throw fits if christians want to pray..

Liberals bend over backwards to accomodate muslims, even in public schools, and throw fits if christians want to do ANYTHING.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I have never seen the Left so interested in the constitution when it comes to religion. In fact, they are more likely to shred the constitution when it comes to Christianity.

They are indeed going to the mat for Islam.
Please give an example where the Left protested over building a Christian church.

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then what is this issue about? I was under the assumption that Al-Qaeda was responsible for 9/11.
Yeah, in the name of Islam, when the terrorists shouted "god is great" while plowing into the towers.

To erect a mosque in the shadow of those towers would be a victory for all muslim radicals, terrorists and those who hate America. I guess we can put the Left in that list as well.

The 9/11 families don't deserve to see a muslim shrine erected in the place where their loved ones died.

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with their right to build it. How many times must you be told?

And I'm still waiting to hear why the Left goes to bat for Islam and denigrate Christianity.
It very much does have to do with their right to build it.

You want it not built there, right? Unless they voluntarily decide not to build, you will have to rely on some governmental authority to act, and the First Amendment will apply.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:48 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Yeah, in the name of Islam, when the terrorists shouted "god is great" while plowing into the towers.

To erect a mosque in the shadow of those towers would be a victory for all muslim radicals, terrorists and those who hate America. I guess we can put the Left in that list as well.
That kind of talk really damages your credibility.

It's untrue, immature and ridiculous.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Did you see the other thread about public schools in MI holding football practice at night so that muslims can practice football during ramadhan?

Did you also see that Dearborn, MI banned pork in the public schools, so that muslims won't mistakenly eat pork?

Yet liberals throw fits if christians want to pray..

Liberals bend over backwards to accomodate muslims, even in public schools, and throw fits if christians want to do ANYTHING.
The public schools where my sons attend, do not hold sports events on Wed. nights so that the kids can attend a Christian confirmation class. Are you also outraged by this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies