Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 AM

720 posts, read 689,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

And I'm still waiting to hear why the Left goes to bat for Islam and denigrate Christianity.

Me too!

By everyone's standards in this thread, I want

"In god we trust" back
"One nation UNDER GOD" back
"Merry CHRISTMAS" back (happy holidays, what a joke)
just to name a few...

Oh but wait, that would make me a bigot right? Whatever, the people in this thread really make me wonder.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,721,097 times
Quote:
Yeah, in the name of Islam, when the terrorists shouted "god is great" while plowing into the towers.

To erect a mosque in the shadow of those towers would be a victory for all muslim radicals, terrorists and those who hate America. I guess we can put the Left in that list as well.

The 9/11 families don't deserve to see a muslim shrine erected in the place where their loved ones died.
There are extremists and Fundamentalists in every religion. We cannot ban freedom of all religions based on these few.

Personally, I believe every religion is a breeding ground for extremism, but I also believe in personal freedoms as provided for in our great constitution.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,227,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The public schools where my sons attend, do not hold sports events on Wed. nights so that the kids can attend a Christian confirmation class. Are you also outraged by this?
What level school is this? And is football ever played on Wednesdays? And do you have proof there is no sports on Wednesdays for this very reason?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:53 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,106,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Did you see the other thread about public schools in MI holding football practice at night so that muslims can practice football during ramadhan?
Link?

Quote:
Did you also see that Dearborn, MI banned pork in the public schools, so that muslims won't mistakenly eat pork?
Link?

Quote:
Yet liberals throw fits if christians want to pray..
Baloney. Pure rubbish.

Quote:
Liberals bend over backwards to accomodate muslims, even in public schools, and throw fits if christians want to do ANYTHING.
Do you have any sources to back up this nonsense?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,721,097 times
Quote:
What level school is this? And is football ever played on Wednesdays? And do you have proof there is no sports on Wednesdays for this very reason?
A public middle/high school. No sports scheduled on Wed. for the sophomore class so that athletes can attend Catholic confirmation.

Are you outraged?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Link?

Link?

Baloney. Pure rubbish.

Do you have any sources to back up this nonsense?

Where is your Outrage??

You've never heard of cases of liberal groups trying to prevent prayers being said before football games?

You might want to read a newspaper or watch the news some time..

Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A public middle/high school. No sports scheduled on Wed. for the sophomore class so that athletes can attend Catholic confirmation.
Link?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,775,742 times
Quote:
I have never seen the Left so interested in the constitution when it comes to religion. In fact, they are more likely to shred the constitution when it comes to Christianity.

They are indeed going to the mat for Islam.
Nope. Always passionately interested in the Constitution and the freedoms that it ensures.

If it means going to the mat for Islam sometimes, if it means going to the map for you sometimes, then that's the price we have to pay. Religious freedom requires religious tolerance. And religious tolerance means nothing if you are only tolerant of some religions and intolerant of others. As long as no laws are broken, then Islam deserves tolerance and respect.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:02 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,106,258 times
Quote:
Where is your Outrage??

You've never heard of cases of liberal groups trying to prevent prayers being said before football games?
Because that is an establishment clause issue that has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity per se?

I thought you claimed to be a lawyer? If you really were, you would understand that accomodation of religion is often a free exercise issue and not necessarily a violation of the Establishment clause, whereas organized school prayer very often IS a violation of the Establishment clause. The identity of the religion isn't relevant at all.
Quote:
You might want to read a newspaper or watch the news some time..

You might want to actually study law sometime, instead of getting your legal education from places like World Nut Daily.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:06 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,775,742 times
Quote:
Did you see the other thread about public schools in MI holding football practice at night so that muslims can practice football during ramadhan?

Did you also see that Dearborn, MI banned pork in the public schools, so that muslims won't mistakenly eat pork?

Yet liberals throw fits if christians want to pray..

Liberals bend over backwards to accomodate muslims, even in public schools, and throw fits if christians want to do ANYTHING.
Christians can pray, anytime they want to. No one pitches fits if Christians want to pray. They can't pressure me to pray. Just like Muslims can't pressure you to pray. And if a school district decides to practice football at night, so what? If a school accomodates students for extracurricular activities, so what? It's EXTRAcurricular. It's a local issue.

Christians can pray in school if they want to. They can bow their heads and pray before a test. They can bless the water fountain if they want to. They can't use their majority status to make the world bow their heads. I know that seems unfair. What's the use of being a majority, if you can't impose yourself on everyone else? Right? But hey, you live in America. Where the majority isn't allowed to impose it's will on everyone else. Bill of Rights. It's frustrating, I know, but just remember, it's designed to protect you as an individual, so that you don't always have to bow to the will of the majority. It's what empowers you to post all the anti-government stuff you post, it's what lets you criticize the President for going golfing. When it works to your advantage, you like it. You should at least respect it when it doesn't work to your advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies