Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 10:44 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,128,577 times

Advertisements

Non, far left liberals, notice something here. Is it me, or is this one of the few times youve noticed in your life, the sheer diligence of the left defending a religion? I dont think ever before have I seen the Left actually care that much to defend a religions "right" to do something in the manner they are defending the Muslim 9/11 mosque.

Not that it means anything, I just find it interesting is all. Carry on

Old 08-14-2010, 10:45 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
And those who Follow Radical Islam and commit terrorist acts in the name of their religion is a very SMALL portion of a religious following that has over a million followers.
I think you meant billion but at any rate with 23 mosques in NYC it seems that the number of them there could use those of the number.

Have you ever seen any of the demonstrations carried on by Muslims in the UK?s Is there a chance that there will get to be enough of them of the radical bent to influence any of our moderates to take part in a demonstration like one of those here? If there is maybe this is the time to push them just a little to see if they will respond that way instead of sitting on our haunches and being pushed around.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:45 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times
To me he prbably would have approved the japnese actaully putting up a temple for the pilots that died in the pearl harbor attack at Peral harbor. Not even the japanese would think of do such a thing.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:46 AM

436 posts, read 906,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
I wouldnt be suprised if there was 4-5 hundred million radical muslims in the world right now
Yeah and many live here just waiting to try to take us over, but some sheeple say oh yeah let them build a mosque near ground zero near a battle they won, what is wrong with that? I cant believe Obama would be for this one, what an insult to the American people. They are here and would love to conquer us.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:48 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,215 times
There are 1.3 billion followers of the Islamic Religion

A poll shows that only 7% ascribe to a RAdical form of Islam (and Radical Islam takes many shapes and forms)

Sorry you lost your bet

Old 08-14-2010, 10:48 AM

12 posts, read 7,639 times
Well I better not hear a dang peep out of a muslim's mouth when someone puts a pork stand outside of the building and sells pork.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:50 AM

531 posts, read 337,396 times
Quote:
There are 1.3 billion followers of the Islamic Religion

A poll shows that only 7% ascribe to a RAdical form of Islam (and Radical Islam takes many shapes and forms)

Sorry you lost your bet
What a stupid ass poll. Do they go around saying sorry to bother you sir are you a terrorist? Have you heard of taqiyya

Old 08-14-2010, 10:50 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think you meant billion but at any rate with 23 mosques in NYC it seems that the number of them there could use those of the number.

Have you ever seen any of the demonstrations carried on by Muslims in the UK?s Is there a chance that there will get to be enough of them of the radical bent to influence any of our moderates to take part in a demonstration like one of those here? If there is maybe this is the time to push them just a little to see if they will respond that way instead of sitting on our haunches and being pushed around.
Have you seen the demonstrations by the Westboro Baptist Church Members?

Have you see the demonstrations by anti-abortion activists?

Violence isn't defined by one's religion...

Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
It is a First Amendment Challenge. YOu annot discrimate against any person or group based on their religious beliefs.

If they want to build a Community Center there, that is thei RIGHT

Do you attend the church of your faith that is closes to you? If not , why not?

Or do you base your church on who the people are there? The pastor/priest? The services offered? all of the above?

What if the Muslims don't like the other gathering/mosques and want someplace new to go to?

Freedom to practice your religion at whatever place you want... WOW WHAT A FREAKING concept?
^^^ You try to re-write the First Amendment...FAIL.

Actually the First Amendment states:

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am1

Congress is not proposing a law prohibiting the free exercise of religion; therefore this is not a matter of the First Amendment.

There is nothing that addresses zoning or building locations in the First Amendment. Nothing. There are hundreds of Mosques in NYC and no one is stopping the free practice of religion there.

Now, again: Why is THIS location so important for THIS Imam? Why is respect a one way street and why does that street not originate with THIS imam about THIS location?

What is the source of the funding for THIS Ground Zero Mosque and why have Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bloomberg refused to investigate to see if any of it comes from organizations with ties to terrorism?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:52 AM

531 posts, read 337,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunya! View Post
Well I better not hear a dang peep out of a muslim's mouth when someone puts a pork stand outside of the building and sells pork.
You wont. You'll here many peeps out of some liberal white person's mouth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.