Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 AM

876 posts, read 2,142,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Considering that the terrorists' excuse for their actions is that America is out to make war on Islam, I think the bigots on these threads will only help solidify that perception.
Really it isnt america that is at war with islam. For crying out loud we elected a muslim man for president. In the islamic religion if your father is muslim you are muslim. Obama's father was a muslim and a communist. His mother was a communist as well.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:09 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What other possible function could it have, 200 feet from ground zero?
200 feet? Riiiight The building is can't even be seen from ground zero.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:10 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Legitimate Questions for the President | Facebook

Quote:
If those who wish to build this Ground Zero mosque are sincerely interested in encouraging positive "cross-cultural engagement" and dialogue to show a moderate and tolerant face of Islam, then why haven't they recognized that the decision to build a mosque at this particular location is doing just the opposite? Mr. President, why aren't you encouraging the mosque developers to accept Governor Paterson's generous offer of assistance in finding a new location for the mosque on state land if they move it away from Ground Zero?
Yes. The muslims behind this project are showing just loads of respect, sensitivity and moderation....right?

The radicals behind this project, obama and the Left have succeeded in uniting the country....against their stupid ideas.

This should be worth at least a couple points in the Gallup.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:16 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Really it isnt america that is at war with islam. For crying out loud we elected a muslim man for president. In the islamic religion if your father is muslim you are muslim. Obama's father was a muslim and a communist. His mother was a communist as well.
1. The President isn't Muslim. Any idiot who threw a fit about Rev. Wright will tell you he is a Christian.

2. It sure makes us look like we are at war with Islam when idiots go around screaming about a Mosque, when there is already one closer to the original site of the WTC towers.

Does this man not deserve equal protection under the law? Does his child not deserve to worship his/her God whenever, wherever they want too? Is this a second class citizen?

I tell you this, the man who lies beneath that headstone deserves better than the crap y'all have been spewing here. No one likes what happened on 9/11, and no one is defending the lunatics that committed those terrible acts. Muslims died in the towers that day too, and in the Pentagon. They prayed in Mosques, they didn't hate us, they loved us. They were Americans also.

Banning a Mosque because of what happened on 9/11 would be like banning Christians from the Middle East, because of the crusades. And before someone mentions the lack of Christian churches in Saudi Arabia, do you really want to be Saudi Arabia? Really?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:17 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I don't really agree. Obama is the president. People expect him to have and express opinions on issues of national interest. The Cambridge Police vs the Professor incident had national implications, since it involved Police/Minority relations. The planned mosque near Ground Zero also resonates across the country. I think Obama is perfectly right to speak about these issues.

You or I may not like what Obama has to say, but, if he dodged these issues just because they are controversial, then he'd be liable to being called a coward.
I would expect, that as President of the U.S., sworn to defend the Constitution that Obama would have something to say about the co-existence of Islam and the U.S. Constitution.

As the goal, the command of Islam is to rule the world how can it exist within the U.S.? What part of the U.S. Constitution protects its adversary? Other, I suspect, than the commerce clause.

When will Obama address the issue of an Islamic assault on the U.S.?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I would expect, that as President of the U.S., sworn to defend the Constitution that Obama would have something to say about the co-existence of Islam and the U.S. Constitution.

As the goal, the command of Islam is to rule the world how can it exist within the U.S.? What part of the U.S. Constitution protects its adversary? Other, I suspect, than the commerce clause.
Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

All religions have stupid texts. Christianity is no different. The problem with your logic is, that if we ban all religions with violent texts, we'd have hardly no religion.

Most Muslims don't kill anyone, most Muslims don't want to take over the world.

People who push so hard that they want to ban all of them, only bolsters the enemy. Its easy to say "See, the Americans hate us" when we are banning Mosques, and trying to say there is no place in our country for them. Its much harder for terrorists to say "See, they hate us" when we let them have the same freedoms that the rest of us enjoy.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:21 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Seriously what is the issue here? I could for instance understand if this site was a museum celebrating the 9/11 hijackers which would be uncalled for but this is a Islamic center and a mosque being built a few blocks away from "ground Zero"!
What those bastards did on 9/11 was to hijack a religion and use it to perpetuate hate against a certain group of people!
Wake up America! We allow Freedom of Religion and now people want to restrict a certain group because it offends them? Do you know how many Muslims also died on 9/11 against these ruthless barbaric terrorists criminals?
Timothy McVeigh blew up that building in Oklahoma City and I believe he was Christian so I guess we shouldn't build churches near the Federal building that was bombed either!
The minute we start telling certain groups of people that they can't build a place of worship where they have been allowed to is a sad day for America.
You "believe" he was Christian? No no no...people, please get your damn facts straight before posting such stuff. Timothy McVeigh's actions had NOTHING to do with Christianity or any religion-he was a radical anarchist. NOT RELIGIOUS.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
You "believe" he was Christian? No no no...people, please get your damn facts straight before posting such stuff. Timothy McVeigh's actions had NOTHING to do with Christianity or any religion-he was a radical anarchist. NOT RELIGIOUS.
Agreed, Tim McVeigh didn't do his act for religious reasons. I'm sure somewhere in his mind, he may have felt that God was on his side. (I think he mentioned that in his interviews, but its been a while since I heard the tapes).

However, in Northern Ireland, there are protestant churches, and there are Catholic churches.

That was a place where protestants killed catholics, and catholics killed protestants, over their religion. Doesn't mean its a big FU to those who died. In fact, I think its much more of a honor to them, to have both religions live side by side in peace.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:30 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Like many of our founding fathers, McVeigh is a Deist...not a Christian.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:40 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Like many of our founding fathers, McVeigh is a Deist...not a Christian.
In a recorded interview with Time magazine[80] McVeigh professed his belief in "a god", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs." Throughout his childhood, he and his father were Roman Catholic and regularly attended daily Mass at Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York. The Guardian reported that McVeigh wrote a letter to them claiming to be an agnostic and that he did not believe in a hell.[81][82] McVeigh once said that he believed the universe was guided by natural law, energized by some universal higher power that showed each person right from wrong if they paid attention to what was going on inside them. He had also said, "Science is my religion."[83]

Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems by this source that he had many views .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies