Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 10:52 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,514,476 times

Advertisements

Newt is fighting them from implementing sharia law in the U.S. courts. Right on, Newt!! They want to use sharia law, let them go back to their countries. We use American secular laws.Separation of religion and state.Don't like it, leave.No one is holding a gun to your head and making you stay. First they institute the U.S. courts to use sharia laws when judging their cases, then they put their own judges who will use sharia laws to judge OUR cases. Then they will attempt to overhaul the U.S. judiciary system and make this country like Saudi Arabia. Forget it, man.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:52 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,315,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, all of a sudden the leftists are worried about freedom of religion, even though this mosque has nothing to do with that.

Isn't it just ironic that the religion they would go to the mat over is.....Islam?
Yes it does. The Freedom of religion protects the right of those who own property to practice their religion wherever they want.

The only reasons I've heard from people as to why they don't want the mosque there is "it hurts the families". Why not let the people of lower Manhattan speak for themselves?

Manhattanites Support Mosque Near Ground Zero, Poll Finds - DNAinfo.com

Old 08-16-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I just have to ask: How did you get THAT from what Memphis posted?
Rational logical thought is lost on some people.

As I asked him, who gets to chose what parts of the Constitution to ignore?

Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Newt is fighting them from implementing sharia law in the U.S. courts. Right on, Newt!! They want to use sharia law, let them go back to their countries. We use American secular laws.Separation of religion and state.Don't like it, leave.No one is holding a gun to your head and making you stay. First they institute the U.S. courts to use sharia laws when judging their cases, then they put their own judges who will use sharia laws to judge OUR cases. Then they will attempt to overhaul the U.S. judiciary system and make this country like Saudi Arabia. Forget it, man.
Can you show me a news link about these court cases?

As many know, I'm big on the separation of church and state. I don't want Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or any other religious groups morality forced upon me by my government.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:56 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,369,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
wow... I agree 100%

Old 08-16-2010, 10:56 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,741,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Not all, but why do they insist in build the MOSQUE right there on ground zero? It is so tasteless.
It is not a mosque; it is a cultural/community center. And it is NOT "right there on ground zero"; it is two blocks away, around a corner and would not be visible from from the WTC site.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,622,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If you don't live in NY, or didn't lose anyone on 9/11, whats it to you?
It's a right wing, radical wedge issue. It is designed to divide the nation through partisan lines. By going against the basic tenants of our founding principles and justifying it, they foster intolerance, separation and focused anger. It is an attempt to make fascist principles acceptable to the majority while flying in the face of the constitution. For fascists to win control, they must first diminish the value of our nation's foundational documents. This is a gold mine of opportunity for them to do just that.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:59 AM

Look what happened to Eurabia (Europe). Once they reproduce enough, they will take over - you and everyone's mother will be forced to wearing a burkha, stay at home, and forget about birth control. You will have to move to the North Pole with the Eskimos (if not melted off completely by then) or go to the Yukon where it's very cold and harsh. I would rather die than be forced to convert to any organized religion.
I'm a racist against those who want to destroy my way of a free life. I'm a racist against those who want to forcibly impose their miserable way of life on me. Damn straight and that's that.Non negotiable.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
It is not a mosque; it is a cultural/community center. And it is NOT "right there on ground zero"; it is two blocks away, around a corner and would not be visible from from the WTC site.
I'm going to stand up for Carol on this one, despite earlier statements, this one is vague enough to show this posters displeasure, while not calling any one group awful names.

If they choose to stay uneducated about the landscape, what the people themselves actually think, or about Islam in general, well, no amount of debate is going to change that.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:01 AM

If that thing is not a mosque but a "cultural center" then I'm a human with 3 legs. Get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.