Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:36 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Never said they didn't have a right to do this. I said it was disrespectful to the troops who are still there fighting and dying on the battle field. Just because you have a right to do something doesn't make it right to go ahead and do it. Freedom of speech says I can say racist remarks anywhere I want so should I do it because I can? No, I don't because it's disrespectful and not right. I think this game option will be very popular in Dearborn, San Francisco, Berkeley, Portland, and Seattle as well as most universities.
Maybe your comments are disrespectful to those of us who live on the West coast and have nothing to do with EA.

Also, freedom of speech does not say that you can make racist remarks anywhere you want without consequences. But that's another story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 10:36 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
What do you want a bet it will be a HIT with the TROOPS overseas?

Old 08-14-2010, 11:18 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Frankly, I dont know how you can even make a game out of war with the Taliban. They dont fight. They are cowards. .
They dont have air support, and many fight to the death, and you call them cowards?

I'd like to say I hope you have the courage to fight them but then I would only be wishing another American fights in a country he has no business, or right, to be fighting in.

The Taliban never attacked us, WE attacked the Taliban

Old 08-14-2010, 11:26 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
so what, squid?

I can beat a 90 year old woman to death with a baseball bat on grand theft auto...

Old 08-14-2010, 11:42 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Gees.. it is a GAME. Somebody has to be the "bad guy".
Yup.

Like how we can be the Nazi's in World War II games....yet I don't see an uproar about that.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:34 PM

338 posts, read 310,736 times
Quote:
They dont fight. They are cowards. [...]They dont fight a war like men, but cowards of Mohammed.
Well, the Way of the Cowards seems to be superior to that of the Men, as one might argue that they are winning.

Honestly, you call for honour and straight-up combat in a war between guerilla and vastly more numerous regular troops? Seen one too many patriotic Hollywood war movies?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:18 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
You have to understand, many on the far left have no clue what it means by "respect" and "disrespect", especially when it comes to the men and women of our military. These are the people who have more respect for crooks like Rangel and Waters and other politicians, yet dont have a clue what it means to respect our military.

Yes, free speech, but either way, this is very disrespectful. Frankly, I dont know how you can even make a game out of war with the Taliban. They dont fight. They are cowards. They dont engage rather they use children/women as shields. They send their own family members to blow themselves up. They dont fight a war like men, but cowards of Mohammed.

So I dont understand how you can even make a playable real war game out of some of the wars we are in today. If the war today was a real war, where we didnt have to take so many pre-cautions and had an enemy that didnt fight like cowards, we'd have destroyed most of these evil bastards by now.
what a crazy post

Old 08-14-2010, 02:19 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
so what, squid?

I can beat a 90 year old woman to death with a baseball bat on grand theft auto...

yeah no outrage about that, freaking whiners

Old 08-14-2010, 02:29 PM

736 posts, read 524,609 times
It is EA games right to make such a game but at the same time I find it to be very wrong and disgusting. While our troops are in Iraq and the middle east defending this country and dying for this country. EA games has the nerve to make a game where you can kill american troops in a current conflict. EA games just sees it as another way to make money while our troops are dying

Old 08-14-2010, 02:38 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Its a game , just like Need For speed and Grand Theft auto.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies