Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 07:33 AM

23,451 posts, read 17,121,013 times

Advertisements

Embarassed into vacationing in the gulf the guy goes to Florida?????

An almost unannounced visit for a quick weekend? Talk about symbolism.

Vacations aside, Obama is definitely not engaged even when he is not on vacation. When he does showup somewhere he is in campaign mode.

Tired of hearing what he inherited.

His, 'let me be clear' refrain has become his trademark followed by a string of I, I ,I, I, ayes.

The man thinks he's running against George Bush. He doesn't even remember what he promised or said and sees no issue with swaping position and not explaining what made him change his mind.

Lets mimic the Nobel Peace Surprise that was awarded for future accomplishments and pretend his administration had already been concluded.

Perhaps it would be best if he got out of the way, took his lap dog legislators and administrators with him and stayed on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 07:40 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,286,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Because it reminds you of just how bad George W. Bush Jr. and his cronies screwed up the country.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:01 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,220,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Because it reminds you of just how bad George W. Bush Jr. and his cronies screwed up the country.
History will call Obama the Blamer-in-Chief. Obama never takes responsiblity for his own actions, and plays the blame-game like a juvenile whine-bag.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:41 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Perhaps we are following more closely than some would like. When a poster makes a statement that presidents need downtime, and that those who make negative comments about that downtime are nothing but "haters", then the point is quite clear.

Apparently the "haters" statement was aimed at those who opposed the Narcissist-in-Chief, but it hit the Bush haters right in the 'ol chops as well. Seems that the Bush era was filled with the same hatred from the left, as evidenced by the many posts in this thread critical of the era.

Thanks for exposing the hypocrisy of the left.
You are twisting my words and I don't appreciate it. I'm having trouble with this little net-book computer, so I don't want to do too much quoting. However, people are defending Bush and Clinton's vacation time with crap about how "different" that was b/c the economy was better, etc, etc. What a load of bull!

For the record, I did not care about Bush's vacation time or what he did while on vacay in Texas or anywhere else.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:48 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,220,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You are twisting my words and I don't appreciate it. I'm having trouble with this little net-book computer, so I don't want to do too much quoting. However, people are defending Bush and Clinton's vacation time with crap about how "different" that was b/c the economy was better, etc, etc. What a load of bull!

For the record, I did not care about Bush's vacation time or what he did while on vacay in Texas or anywhere else.
Not twisting your words at all, just applying them to both Obama and Bush. There are many on this thread that has made hateful remarks about Bush and his vacations, so applying your own words to both Bush and Obama seemed appropriate.

I realize that you meant only to deflect criticism from Obama, but the 'ol knife seems to cut both ways. Seems there's a saying about the "goose and the gander".

Old 08-16-2010, 11:09 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,816,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What you folks apparently don't recognize is the message these vacations send at a time when millions of American's are struggling. THAT"s the message here, not some tit-for-tat comparison against George W. Bush.

In case you didn't know (not surprised), Bill Clinton adjusted his vacation schedule because he was clued in on the message his vacations sent.

taking vacations during wartime doesn't count hey,

Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 AM

26,554 posts, read 14,400,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
no administration operates in a vacuum with a magical reset button.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I don't think so. More voters are getting their eyes opened by the antics of this Liar-in-Chief.

Obama's popularity is waning among the indepedents and people in his own party. Even if the republicans don't have a strong candidate, Obama is not assured of even winning the nomination of his own party.

Personally, I don't care who is elected president as long as it's not Obama.
Liar in Chief - hey, I didn't know that Bush was running again.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:10 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,909,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Since Obama hasn't taken 1/3 of what Bush did, it is different.
Somehow the Rs want to say that Obama is taking more holiday than Bush. Bush took 96 days holiday during the same time Obama took 36.

You do see the difference, don't you?
To tell you the truth I could careless how many vacations Obama and his family take, as long as the working people don't have to pay for it. Bush is over and done, why do you people keep clinging to "President Bush did it, so President Obama can do it now" what kind of concept is this??

He is Commander in Chief and it's time he stops apologizing and bowing to our enemies. He ran on change and with the debt load we are carrying he needs to consider every trip that is not paid for by him or is absolutely necessary. I believe his vacations are just more pandering to the enemy.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:16 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,709,126 times
Part time is correct. Obama does not roll into the office until after 9:30am and leaves by 4:00pm. President Bush showed up for work by 7:00am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies