Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 01:21 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I have no idea, nor do I care. Everyone needs a release. Some of us post on CD. He golfs. BFD.
He golfs, he parties with rap artist in the White House, he has cocktail events every Wednesday, Michelle says when he comes in after 5:00 she tries to have no more work for him, just quiet time. President Obama doesn't even start working until 10:00 a.m.

AHHH, must be nice to be in charge of all of us pheasants, a lot of us start our day by getting up at 6:00 and to work by 7:00 and damn lucky to be home by 5:00 and no calls after 5:00 about work.

He gets plenty of down time, now I would like to see him work as if he is PROUD to be an AMERICAN PRESIDENT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
To tell you the truth I could careless how many vacations Obama and his family take, as long as the working people don't have to pay for it. Bush is over and done, why do you people keep clinging to "President Bush did it, so President Obama can do it now" what kind of concept is this??

He is Commander in Chief and it's time he stops apologizing and bowing to our enemies. He ran on change and with the debt load we are carrying he needs to consider every trip that is not paid for by him or is absolutely necessary. I believe his vacations are just more pandering to the enemy.
Because suddenly all of these things are just.so.terrible now that Obama is in office and no one said a word when Bush took more.

I guess you slept through the entire Bush administration.
Everything you whine about now, Bush did then, only he added kisses and hand holding.

Pandering to the enemy? What enemy? The one the R party makes of him.

Quote:
He golfs, he parties with rap artist in the White House, he has cocktail events every Wednesday, Michelle says when he comes in after 5:00 she tries to have no more work for him, just quiet time. President Obama doesn't even start working until 10:00 a.m.

AHHH, must be nice to be in charge of all of us pheasants, a lot of us start our day by getting up at 6:00 and to work by 7:00 and damn lucky to be home by 5:00 and no calls after 5:00 about work.

He gets plenty of down time, now I would like to see him work as if he is PROUD to be an AMERICAN PRESIDENT.
Pride by your determination. I get it.
You call the shots for him.

So sorry that you can't set boundaries at your job. I certainly set them at mine.
Your choice to work 10 hour days; unless salaried, you get paid for it. There are fair labor standards, oops, that agency is a federal agency and I'm sure you'd never partake of them.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:33 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
For all of you trying to compare Obama's vacation days to Bush's vacation days you're wrong. They are not the same. They can not be compared. They are different. No matter what you say you are wrong. It's completely different and one has nothing to do with the other!
Oh snap! You took what I said and you switched the names! Whooooo boy you sure is smart! That there was some clever word writing there!

Old 08-16-2010, 03:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Not twisting your words at all, just applying them to both Obama and Bush. There are many on this thread that has made hateful remarks about Bush and his vacations, so applying your own words to both Bush and Obama seemed appropriate.

I realize that you meant only to deflect criticism from Obama, but the 'ol knife seems to cut both ways. Seems there's a saying about the "goose and the gander".
Can you read my mind? Do you even know where I am right now?

You can't say Obama is taking "too many" vacation days unless you know what's standard for a POTUS.

You can't say, this isn't about Obama, it's about abuse of power, and say "that's different" whenever any other president's vacation time is brought up. If you do, your issue is with Obama, pure and simple.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
You raised some excellent points. Not only do Obama's decisions affect over 300 million Americans, but he is the leader of the last remaining super-power and arguably the most powerful person in the world. To be taking as much time off for vacationing, golfing, campaigning, etc as he does is simply inexcusable and irresponsible.

Enough with the "Well, so-n-so took more days off than Obama so it's okay". You can't justify bad behavior by pointing to other (perceived) bad behavior.
If it is was OK for Bush then why the panties in a wad with Obama?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Thought you wanted different.........not the same ole' same ole.' Ugh!!!! Obama supporters complained like hell when President Bush did it, but they just keep comparing President Obama to President Bush and to think you voted for CHANGE!! All we will have is change, when Obama is done being the HOPE you all voted for.
We got change as he hasn't taken even close to the amount that Bush did.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
He would have to be around for 8 years to get close and that doesn't look possible the way people see him these days.
just don't bet any money on that just yet.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
We'll see about that. Two years is an eternity in politics.

Something about chickens before hatching applies.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:31 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
has the vacation time been more, less or on average for a modern president ?

The record goes to W- he spent more time on vaca than all others. Regan is second, HW is 3'rd. The shortest times goes to Carter and Clinton.

So the 3 repubs spend more time on vaca, yet these posters want to critize the Dems who spend less time... guess it goes to show what they are really focused on....

now for those that think with his vaca time he hasn't achieved anything lets refresh

1) Health care reform - He did what the Clintons couldn't
2) Communications - advancing technology in the government,
3) 2500 highway projects funded in a fast manor
4) tax Credit for education
5) revampof car industry, cash for clunkers
6) housing stimulus, easing the housing market woes
7) Bolstered the security of Pakistan
8) Protection of more than 2 million acres of forests
9) halt in off shore drilling / economic help for those affected by oil spill
10) Getting many of the fund loaned to the banks for the bail out back

Plus more
  • The last U.S. Marines are leaving Iraq.
  • Credit card companies can no longer charge interest on fees, and can’t retroactively raise your interest rate on existing balances.
  • We know who visits the White House, and who they’re affiliated with.
  • There’s a quarter billion dollars more funding for National Parks, and $50 million more for the National Endowment for the Arts.
  • We responded, imperfectly but with heart and sincere effort, to the disaster in Haiti. Just as we wish we had after Katrina. Leadership matters most in emergencies.
  • Our current President readily admits when he’s made mistakes, respects the validity of arguments that he disagrees with, and has members of the opposing party in his cabinet.
  • The Department of Homeland Security now allocates its security spending according to threats, not by spending the same amount of money on Montana as it does on New York.
  • My 401k is up 30% since the current President took office.
  • Our President asked both corporations and individuals to reduce their electricity consumption. He asked politely.
  • Trains. There’s a plan to build more rails and more trains for transporting actual humans around the country.
  • The Matthew Shepard hate crime bill was passed.
  • Closed offshore tax safe havens
Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals
Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back
[LEFT]
Read more: The Obama Achievements Project « Shoq Value
[/LEFT]

• Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals
  • Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back

Here is a link for the promises he has kept , broken or is working on
'
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

His record is 120 kept, 39 compromised, 22 broken and 241 in the works... Im not his supporter but I can at least see he has done far more than most other presidents. I'd have to give him a great deal of credit for what he has accomplished in a pretty short time.

Here is my wish list of things to do
1) set the US as the leader in green energy and technology, making it our new industry and converting our country to self sufficient power for cars, work, home. Go for individual based power systems, not more of the corporate controlled crap we have today.
2) hold the Bush administration accountable for their war crimes and crimes against the Constitution
3)End the war
4) End the federal Reserve system and eliminate our national debt.
5) restore the aspects of the Constitution that have been undermined
6) Go after those that illegally profited from various stock schemes and insider trading be it fro 9/11, The Iraq war or what ever else.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:36 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Part time is correct. Obama does not roll into the office until after 9:30am and leaves by 4:00pm. President Bush showed up for work by 7:00am.
What is it with these half-truths being posted? George Bush did not show up for work until 9 a.m. and did not work 8 hours a day. His cronies even admitted that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies