Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 02:20 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In other words blind people don't feel discrimination when it smacks them in the face. Right or Wrong?
There are laws against said discrimination. If any blind folks have actually suffered this, I ask them to take it to the proper authorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 02:23 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
In other words blind people don't feel discrimination when it smacks them in the face. Right or Wrong?
If they feel discriminated against they can file a complaint like anyone else.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:27 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How in the hell is a few cab drivers not wanting to service some customers going to make Minnesota the first Islamic Republic in the states? What kind of logical leap is this?

I don't care if a cab driver doesn't want to carry me for whatever reason, I'll find another cab. If they own their own cab, the free market will fix that soon enough. If they work for a taxi company, I'll write the company and express my displeasure.

Besides, how is this any different than Christian stores not selling beer on Sunday? Yes, I've seen that in the south. I don't really care, its their store, but guess what, I don't have to buy my beer there.
by refusing to carry passengers with service dogs, they are in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Won't be the first time law suits have been filed:

Muslim Taxi Drivers vs. Seeing-Eye Dogs :: Daniel Pipes
Good reading. It seems that in the 1990s when they were just starting to flock into this country blind people had rights that are steadily being taken away by the courts and CAIR. I wonder if this guy was forced to move to this country so he could be discriminated against. "People from the Middle East especially, we have been indoctrinated with a kind of fear of dogs. The driver has a genuine fear and he acted in good faith. He's acted in accordance with his religious beliefs." Yep it seems that CAIR and most Muslims feel that they shouldn't be forced to live under our legal system if it conflicts with theirs. I really don't think that one was forced to move here.

Since you live closer to that area than I do maybe you could tell me that Muslims aren't congregating in smaller cities up there in the Upper US. Or are they maybe doing just that?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Irishman, Francis Rynd invented the hyperdermic needle and syringe . He's just one inventer there are many . Name a latino or muslim who invented anything besides large familiys and poverty stricken nations.
And my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather came here from Ireland and fought the bloody British in the Revolution.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
How Islamic inventors changed the world - Science, News - The Independent

I hope you read this.

You do know that written language came from the middle east, and the same people who are now Muslims, right? Please, read the article, lots of great inventions.

BTW, you do realize that the Mayans and Aztecs had some of the greatest cultures and cities the world had ever known. Tenochtitlan was either second, or first in worlds population size when the Europeans discovered America. They had science, religion, math, and lots of things figured out.

Hell, the Mayans (todays latinos) traced stellar movements down to the letter, for many thousands of years into the future.

You should really get out more.
I will gladly read your link after you read mine that started this thing.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:32 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,835,047 times
Quote:
How long will it take before they decide that pork is not dirty food? Oh well that would be assimilation, wouldn't it?
Probably about the same time that our Jewish citizens will.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
google is your friend pappy use it and you will learn a world of things you don't know. but then again your bias might not want to believe it.
Aaaannnnd one's bias may well determine the result of his Google search. Do you not know that?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
It was disease that killed off more than 90% of the native Americans. Guns are nice, but we wouldn't have stood a chance to an organized resistance with the numbers we faced when coming over here.

You really don't know anything about history do you?
Was the massacre at Wounded Knee and so many of the others like that done with disease, or guns? Just wondering.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:34 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
<snip>Since you live closer to that area than I do maybe you could tell me that Muslims aren't congregating in smaller cities up there in the Upper US. Or are they maybe doing just that?
What do you mean by the "Upper US"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies