Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 02:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
this is an old article. the op is trolling, and once again people fall for it.
Golly, I didn't think they would do that but sure enough they took the old prog direction and let loose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Your link opens to a blog with a vidcap from Fox News prominently displayed. Maybe you should have read it the first time?
I am sorry but I seldom look at the corners of those things when they are saying something I agree with.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:01 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If you want to talk about the 17th century, why not say so? I can't believe that those nasty white men did a thing like that to those disease ridden Indians.

Actually, i refuse to agree with you people who want to use racism as the reason we overran those Indians.
What the hell? When did I say it was racism.

You should really slow down. You're fighting to much, and causing a lack of logical thinking because of it. Slow down, I enjoy good debate. Often, you have some. But I never said white Europeans were racist.

What happened is someone asked for what kind of benefits that latinos and those of middle eastern decent contributed to America and the world. I was answering that question by showing the various scientific advances from both of these peoples. Then he said "I guess those indians weren't so advanced, because they couldn't beat us"

I was simply providing a view that that poster may not have been aware of, that Indians were largely destroyed due to disease, not European direct influence. There were some that gave Small Pox blankets to Indians, but for the most part it was just natural contact between two races that had been separated by many thousands of years.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:01 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
A cabbie not wanting to take a dog and a cashier not wanting to handle pork? Dogs and pork, the two pillars of the American identity!

zomg assault on our kulture i am so threatened

Old 08-15-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
this is an old article. the op is trolling, and once again people fall for it.
I checked this thing with Google and according to Google it was posted on August 10, 2010. Is that 4 years old? The Glorious Leader has sped things up more than I thought.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:55 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
More Americans getting what the cowards deserve ,imo.

Where are the American people allowing this to go on ?

Americans are being shoved and pushed around all over their nation by invaders who can't stand them or the nation that feeds them . I'm just glad I'm old ,I may die in this strange land of fools, but I won't have to live in it very long . And if some have their way I won't live at all .

Somewhere out there is a Muslim gripping a big rock with "Pappy&Me" etched into it.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:29 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
So Khat = Weed? Its happen to me in NYC before , if i have a white friend they don't care , but if its just a black person there terrified.
Khat= chewing Coca leaves. (although I am told that coca leaves can be a tad bit addictive, whereas Khat is not, as far as I know).

20yrsinBarnson

Old 08-15-2010, 07:45 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Pappy&Me
Name one possitive thing any muslim has brought to America . You can't because their is nothign possitive about islam imo . Look how possitive the are in their own nations, the people are mostly poor and ignorant even though a few are very rch ,they do nothign for the people .
I know this is a long time ago, and your bigotry will find a way to kill my argument, but didn't the muslims invent algebra, the concept of zero and helped preserve much of western knowledge while we felt our way through the dark ages? Just sayin'. The architecture and art is another cool thing. I kind of like muslim art.

Oh, and falafel. Yum!

Old 08-15-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I know this is a long time ago, and your bigotry will find a way to kill my argument, but didn't the muslims invent algebra, the concept of zero and helped preserve much of western knowledge while we felt our way through the dark ages? Just sayin'. The architecture and art is another cool thing. I kind of like muslim art.

Oh, and falafel. Yum!
Who really kept western records during the Dark Ages? I am not a Catholic and don't really stick for the monasteries the period but those old boys did labor hard keeping that knowledge alive.

Yes, the Muslims did much but I think that we would have been able to know most of that stuff if they hadn't taken part at all.

Too much of that math stuff came from a period before Mohammed made his first Hegira in 622. Egyptians did all those things that allowed the pyramids and use of the Nile to flood those desert areas. I really don't know just how much of that stuff was done before Muslims but some, if not a lot, was done before they let any of it go.

I agree that they have done many things that we have used to advantage but most of it was done long ago and passed down. I wonder just how much they contributed to Israeli nuclear knowledge since Iran is the most forward of their nations and they had to have help to develop their nuclear abilities.

Moderator cut: Off topic

Old 08-15-2010, 08:46 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"Sharia Law" is not valid in the U.S., so to say that Minnesota is "under attack" is quite a stretch.

If someone is breaking Minnesota laws, that's what matters.
Give another year or two and you will be "shariaized"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies